Official Salacious B. Crumb Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a pic of Mr. Crumb in my theater...

crumb-vi.jpg

i hate you...:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 can you put him between the two chairs??? so he's watching tv too??

Well, my "replacement" Salacious arrived today. The offending eye crud is gone (with maybe a slight trace around the corner of one eye), but something seemed strange to me, still. The eyes are no longer white on this one, but they do seem a bit "dull" for lack of a better word. Not very reflective, defined or "wet" looking, as some of your photos would lead me to believe. I'd love to see a non-cataract Salacious in person to truly judge.

I also noticed a small scratch on his belly that my original had (it's barely noticeable, but it is there)... and then it dawned on me - this IS my original Salacious. I checked the number on his base, and sure enough, it was #167. Someone at Sideshow merely rubbed off the white eye gunk and sent him back. I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, I'm happy that my original figure wasn't thrown in some dump somewhere to be needless waste...but I'm also not too happy that I had to wait all this time for someone to merely wipe off the white residue on the eyes (which I probably could have done myself, given some patience). Part of my motivation for sending him back in the first place was to have a new figure with perfect eyes. These somewhat dull ones on my ORIGINAL flawed piece are not what I was expecting. Hrrm. Frankly, I'm too impatient to go through this process again, so I'll deal with it. But for $300+, I'm not so pleased to have to.

Bottom line: what should have been one of my "grail" pieces has been nothing but frustration. It is too bad, because this really is a knockout collectible. If I had received a better sample, it truly would have been my favorite Star Wars piece. :(

The one bright side to this? Adam from Dark Shadow Collectibles was top notch in handling the situation. Definitely some of the best and most prompt customer service I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I'll definitely order from him again!!

send them (or Adam) an email and tell them you don't like the job they did repairing him and you want a replacement.

Where do they have the pillow packed? I opened mine up briefly to make sure it came unbroken and it looks wonderful, but I didn't see the pillow. Is it packed underneath Salacious? I was at work and had to pack it back away and then into storage until I get into my new place.

Thx in advance!

I got on the waitlist yesterday and it's already going to convert!

How easy would it be negotiating a return it if my crumb has cataracts?

Where do they have the pillow packed? I opened mine up briefly to make sure it came unbroken and it looks wonderful, but I didn't see the pillow. Is it packed underneath Salacious? I was at work and had to pack it back away and then into storage until I get into my new place.

Thx in advance!

The pillow is in the back of the styrofoam in a little compartment.

got a reply from SS

Thank you for taking the time to contact our Returns Department. I am so sorry to hear that your statue is defective.

In order to better assist you, please provide photos of the damage to your statue. We ask that you provide .jpg formatted photos attached to a response email.

However, with the brief description you have provided, we maybe able to provide assistance without the need to facilitate a return of your item or a second shipment. Using a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol you can remove the paint off the defective eyes.

Lightly brush the area with the damp Q-tip to all traces of white, but you have to be careful about applying too much pressure as it eats away the clear coating and the paint.

Once the white is removed, your piece will be displayable.

Spouse I can try. Only issues is there is white stuff on the skin around his eyes. don’t know if that will come off.

So what happened with all these? Mine came out fine and I didn't see this weird white coating I saw a few pix of online... I mean from the pix it looked like someone spray painted white blotches on the eyes and then packed it.

Did this happen on the lower numbered ones and then fixed on the higher numbered ones? Mine is in the 580 something number range.

Though I didn't see any paint problems, I did notice shipping problems. Special thanks to UPS for making it all happen:

001.jpg

Thankfully the 5-6" punch didn't hit the actual item.

Well, I'm not so sure now if I want to keep my order. :(

Well, to be fair, SimFeliz is in Australia, so they're probably trying to avoid spending a lot to have him send it back (or having him destroy the piece). And it should be noted that you can return something Sideshow for any reason.

So what happened with all these? Mine came out fine and I didn't see this weird white coating I saw a few pix of online... I mean from the pix it looked like someone spray painted white blotches on the eyes and then packed it.

I think it's pretty clear that the gloss coating that they sprayed on the eyes turned cloudy, which can happen if it's exposed to moisture. Several people actually mentioned that their statues came out of the box wet. They just packed it away in too much of a hurry and it turned cloudy in the box.

Back