Official Salacious B. Crumb Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really peer pressure. I've always wanted him, had him order way back but in my budget plans, I couldn't get him at full price, so I was waiting for the opportunity that came up last night, second chance, to use discount options because I wasn't wasting them on Wait List. However, it came up after SDCC with a lot of things there that caught my eye, so before just pulling the trigger, I wanted to get some owner feedback to help me decide should I use discount on him or save it for later on another piece and sounds like he turned out really nice and some folks whose opinions I read a lot and put measure in their words had all the right things to say, so I bought him.

Congrats, you're going to enjoy Mr. Crumb's company.

The only bad thing is that the packaging is not collector friendly. The factory packing for this guy was really a custom job. My idea for moving him would be to bandage him thoroughly with lots of that soft foam paper, until it has the shape of a ball. Any ideas where I can get a large roll of that material?

Well, with only 25 left, I'm just crossing fingers, praying and throwing holy water that his eyes aren't ^^^^ed when he arrives.

$350 retail is a bargain for this guy! You will be pleased with your choice. There are not many 1:1's you can get at that price. They definitely captured him in this piece too! Congrats on an awesome buy! :emperor

Well, with only 25 left, I'm just crossing fingers, praying and throwing holy water that his eyes aren't ^^^^ed when he arrives.

Even with only 25 available for sale, I'm sure they still have a few extras set aside for exchanges.

He really is great. The only complaint I have (aside from the possibility of getting white eyes) is that the way the tail is situated makes him "deeper" than was really necessary. I had to remove the tail and place it around him in order to fit him on my shelf (still looks fine from the front though). And the point about the packaging is also a valid one, although I don't think I'll be selling this or moving anytime soon.

I don't carea bout the repackaging option with him, with my 1:1 pieces, I'll just strap them in my car seat when I move and I don't think I'll ever tuck them away so storage option isn't necessary either.

I'll enjoy him now, but I'll like him more when I have a house of my own and can set him up in amusing places that make him a conversation piece for guests.

I resisted getting him the first time, but couldn't withstand a second chance. Bought and paid for.

Trying to decide how to gently break the news to the gf. Or find a place to squirrel it away in my office, one or the other. ;)

I don't carea bout the repackaging option with him, with my 1:1 pieces, I'll just strap them in my car seat when I move and I don't think I'll ever tuck them away so storage option isn't necessary either.

I'll enjoy him now, but I'll like him more when I have a house of my own and can set him up in amusing places that make him a conversation piece for guests.

You will love him Maulfan :)
He's awesome! Congrats

How's the fur quality? I find the hair on Yoda came out nice, curious about this one.

It looks very scruffy, thick, course. But I wouldn't expect this guy to have fur that was soft or anything. I think of it more as hair, than fur.

Back