official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure if anyone posted this info already, monkey depot has a photo review on snake eyes. Based on the pix there, I think everything looks great except for the base body. So far I am not that impressed with the pro.

Eh. Looks like we won't have much of a choice but to load him down with all his gear:

snake_eyes_4.jpg

snake_eyes_3.jpg

snake_eyes_48.jpg

I wonder if the pics of the prototype were actually taken on a HT TrueType body instead of the Prometheus. In fact, I'd bet they were. Just compare them.

snake_eyes_37.jpg

snake_eyes_38.jpg

snake_eyes_39.jpg

snake_eyes_40.jpg

snake_eyes_41.jpg

The body is the new Sideshow Promethius which allows for some unique posing.
snake_eyes_42.jpg

snake_eyes_43.jpg

Mission accomplished: the development team at Sideshow freaking nailed this one. They captured the essence of what is Snake Eyes and updated him. Quality on gear is up there with today's top tier makers.
snake_eyes_44.jpg

snake_eyes_45.jpg

snake_eyes_46.jpg

Looks awesome!

snake_eyes_35.jpg

snake_eyes_39.jpg

snake_eyes_43.jpg

And if his arms can lift the big sword they should easily be stiff enough to hold his guns up properly, whew!

snake_eyes_20.jpg

Can't wait, my grail figure for sure! :flag

Those pics look great. I was on the verge of canceling and then paying outrageous money for an in stock Iron Man Mark III, but now I think I'll just keep my SE pre-order and wait until March for IM.

BS0173-24.jpg

I want to see this replicated with the production figure on the Pro before I get anywhere near calling this a "grail".

He definitely needs futz. If you notice the guy from Monkey Depot has his pants pulled halfway up his torso like some grandpa. In the SSC pic they're down at his waistline and look much better. I like him with the leg gear on and bet he could still look cool without the full torso harness. Just have to pose him properly.

I am still holding faith that once futzed this will be a great figure.

As far as Sideshow putting him on a true type for proto pics I highly highly doubt that!

Grail? You serious, Clark?

Clark? Is that a Superman reference or do you really think that's my name? :lol If you are referring to me though it definitely appears to be my grail. 1985 SE is my favorite action figure of all time. To see him represented this well definitely qualifies him for grail status, which to me means he'll be my most prized figure. I don't mean straight quality or after market value. Many HT figures are obviously better executed but none excite me like the SSC SE.

it looks even worse in the excellently shot monkey depot pics than it did in sideshow's crappy pics...

that visor is easily twice the size it should be and the body looks ridiculous....

geriatric snake eyes sitting on the front porch waving his uzi and signing "get off my lawn" to all the kids as they pass by...

a freakin train wreck.

some of the gear looks really nice but there is no way on earth it's worth the price sideshow wants for this...

it looks even worse in the excellently shot monkey depot pics than it did in sideshow's crappy pics...

that visor is easily twice the size it should be and the body looks ridiculous....

geriatric snake eyes sitting on the front porch waving his uzi and signing "get off my lawn" to all the kids as they pass by...

a freakin train wreck.

some of the gear looks really nice but there is no way on earth it's worth the price sideshow wants for this...

Are you serious? What could be improved? I think it looks fantastic.

Back