official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow has stated that they dont over futz with their production pictures to give an accurate representation of what the figure looks like straight out of the box.

Good idea or not, its what they do, and it should be of no surprise to anyone here that productions pics are always bad. Always bad.

There should be 3 distinct forums here for every Sideshow release

Prototype Pictures Hype Forum

Production Pictures Panic Forum

In Hand Pictures Praise Forum

Wash, rinse & repeat :cool:

Please refrain from insulting other members .

Sideshow has stated that they dont over futz with their production pictures to give an accurate representation of what the figure looks like straight out of the box.

Good idea or not, its what they do, and it should be of no surprise to anyone here that productions pics are always bad. Always bad.

:

That's a good point - they never really have trouble selling out of a figure, so putting up photos of a production figure "straight out of the box" should cut way down on returns if it gets people to cancel up front.

Also it doesn't help that these photos have a dark background and the protos had a light background. The change in material on the top and hood also makes a huge difference in photos, although probably not in person.

Anywho, at the risk of becoming the victim of even more unbridled sarcasm, does anyone know why SS has production pics up and even packaged pics, but the release date is so far off. This is the first time I recall this happening. Bracing myself for sarcastic fallout...

Anywho, at the risk of becoming the victim of even more unbridled sarcasm, does anyone know why SS has production pics up and even packaged pics, but the release date is so far off. This is the first time I recall this happening. Bracing myself for sarcastic fallout...

They have to ship them to all the retailers first, so that they can have them in stock and part them out before we get them? :huh

It's a joke guys. I was referring to the irony that releases like their Indy PF, 12" Indy, Subject 138, and Rebel Trooper were appearing at stores both in stock and loose before ours even shipped.

:lol Please forgive my ignorance. Until recently I was purchasing from sellers on Ebay. Only withn the past year or so have I been buyng direct from SS. I did have to cancel my Stree Prophet from them in order to get it quicker from Alter Ego Comics. And I thought I was ready for the sarcasm...:cool:

:lol Please forgive my ignorance. Until recently I was purchasing from sellers on Ebay. Only withn the past year or so have I been buyng direct from SS. I did have to cancel my Stree Prophet from them in order to get it quicker from Alter Ego Comics. And I thought I was ready for the sarcasm...:cool:

It's only been happening with the past few releases. I think quite a few people did what you did also as there were several comments in the Subject 138 thread where freaks were saying that ditching the hobo stick was worth the discounted retail price and having it in hand sooner. I'd just prefer it like the old days where the Ex's shipped before the regular/retail versions. So hopefully it's not something they'll continue.

I might end up having to cancel this. It is not because of the new pics, but because money is tight these days and I have to conserve my money for lines I am more focused on like the Hot Toys Iron Man line. We'll see, I do not want to cancel though.

Its true, we don't usually see production images this far ahead. Maybe, as Dave suggested, they are trying to give people more lead time if they decide to cancel.

I am officially back in...my wife just told me she will buy me the 1st 3 figures in this line for my birthday....what a great wife I have! Now Sideshow, dont let me down on these

Its true, we don't usually see production images this far ahead. Maybe, as Dave suggested, they are trying to give people more lead time if they decide to cancel.

Maybe Sideshow's holding off to give others a chance to free up some breathing room on the ol' credit cards. There's already a lot coming so far. I have Antilles, Storm Troopers (2), The Dead's Harbinger and the Belloq Ex. and other freaks have to have similar stuff coming as well (some having well more than two Stormies). Plus I just got dinged for two predators, the Lost and a waitlist convert on the P2 BD Predator. Isn't Mystique coming as well? That's a lot of $$$ for Q1.

Back