official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either that or go all out and overboard:

SamUgliestDogLulu.jpg

Speaking of Hot Toys Dutch from Predator is finally up for order from SSC (https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=63901&affiliate=dstephan) in case anyone hasn't noticed in the Aliens/Robots forum. I just placed an order. I figure if I get SE and it looks like he's been "pushing too many pencils" then Major Alan Schaefer can whip him into shape. :)

I just hope they improve on the steroid Orlando Bloom sculpt and infuse it with more Schwarzenegger.

Posted this yesterday at OSW... If this is possible, this is what I will be doing to mine. I think the visor (if it can be safely removed) would look better trimmed down. Here is a quick manip I did to Brady's pic that shows what I mean...

snake_eyes_35.jpg

Having the visor stop just past the nose looks much better to me...

Except that Hot Toys would probably fail to adequately secure likeness rights for Timber and would have to produce him sportin' a handlebar mustache and paint apps that make him look like a German Shepherd.

379245393_b4ca4f30e6.jpg

That was awesome :lol

Anyway, I think you're right, Saintsyn. I may consider doing the same with mine. I'm not a big fan of how the visor looks on the production piece.

It's actually pretty stunning that Sideshow didn't make the same visor modification on their own. It really looks a gazillion times better.

Posted this yesterday at OSW... If this is possible, this is what I will be doing to mine. I think the visor (if it can be safely removed) would look better trimmed down. Here is a quick manip I did to Brady's pic that shows what I mean...

snake_eyes_35.jpg

snake_eyes_35.jpg

Gotta say, the smaller visor looks much much better!

Wow, Snakes is taking a pounding in this thread. I think I might know how tomandshell must have felt when the Plastic Fett PF was about to be released. :lol

All I know is that when SE arrives I have no intention of posing him in the stupidest, most unflattering ways possible. I'll pick something more like this, enjoy having the figure on my shelf and call it a day. :)

snake_eyes_43.jpg

:lecture What he said.

snake_eyes_35.jpg

I can agree it looks better. But the larger one does go along with the large visor the 85 figure had.

snakeeyes2.jpg

The visor on the vintage 3.75 figure covered more than a 1/3 of his head so I'm fine with the SSC version looking closer to that but the modded pic looks nice too.

:lol I still don't know where you see that in the sculpt...

If you can't see it, :huh. But I certainly do :lol:

FIG-KAI-0510_05.jpg

1782009423_21ab408427.jpg
Orlando%20Bloom%20-%20Pirates%20of%20the%20Caribbean%20Will%20Turner%20(2).jpg

Especially in the bottom left Dutch image and the first Bloom image.

I wonder if an X-Acto knife would work on the visor.

I agree that the larger one is more accurate. Besides, I honestly don't see how you could trim it without making it look like crap.

Besides, I honestly don't see how you could trim it without making it look like crap.

It all depends on whether or not the visor can be removed (I would have to think it can). If so, it could be trimmed to look like that revised pic rather easily with careful cutting and light sanding to smooth out any roughness and ensure a straight edge. Piece of cake for any customizer.

Back