official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may not have to be trimmed, but say tilted up a bit instead.

Oh, I'll definitely try futzing first. But if it still looks as wonky as it does in these production pics, trimming will happen. If I want my Snake Eyes with goofy looking headgear, I'd just stick with Hasblo. :lol

Looks nothing like Bloom. Your grasping at straws there, bub.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's Mexican half-brother? :huh :lol

It all depends on whether or not the visor can be removed (I would have to think it can). If so, it could be trimmed to look like that revised pic rather easily with careful cutting and light sanding to smooth out any roughness and ensure a straight edge. Piece of cake for any customizer.

I'm not saying it can't be trimmed, just that doing so would seriously trash the consistency of the grates on the visor. It looks fine as it is and it's consistent with the illustrations and source material from that particular Snake Eyes. But if you went that route, I'd rather scratchbuild a visor than cut that one up. The grates are all uniform in size and trimming one would throw off the rest. Additionally, that might just be kicking a hornet's nest as what's underneath can also have a considerable impact on any custom. If his Balaclava is consistent with the edges of the visor, then there'll be a whole lot more work needed making what looks like a piece of cake into a total cluster @#%$ requiring a completely new headcover and visor.

I guess I am the only one who thinks this figure looks so damn awkward and ridiculous.

snakeeyes2.jpg

The visor on the vintage 3.75 figure covered more than a 1/3 of his head so I'm fine with the SSC version looking closer to that but the modded pic looks nice too.

thevisor on the 85 figure seems to stop just below his nose... the sideshow version comes down to his chin.... the photoshopped version looks nine zillion times better....

I guess I am the only one who thinks this figure looks so damn awkward and ridiculous.

Not at all. Read through this thread back a page or two. Or go to OSW.... they are absolutely shelling this figure. It's about 95% hated there.

Not at all. Read through this thread back a page or two. Or go to OSW.... they are absolutely shelling this figure. It's about 95% hated there.

Really? Im quite surprised in all honesty. I didnt read through this behemoth of a thread though.

What the hell happened, is it the pro-body or the tailoring? Looked like a great figure in proto pics.

Really? Im quite surprised in all honesty. I didnt read through this behemoth of a thread though.

What the hell happened, is it the pro-body or the tailoring? Looked like a great figure in proto pics.

I would say it is the pro. Everything else looks fine to me. I can swap it for a TT, but i hope they are looking at the problem with this body and future releases.

UNFORTUNATELY,I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, HE LOOKS TOO SKINNY...NOW THE ARMS LOOKS EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS THAN THE SHOULDERS...I UNDERSTAND GUYS LIKE CHASE AND EVILFACE WHO CALLED CHICKEN LITTLE AT FIRST, BUT NOW THE PICS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES...I WAS LIKE THEM TOO.....I REALLY WANT THIS LINE TO BE AMAZING AND WANTED SNAKE EYES TO BE A MASTERPIECE OF A FIGURE WHEN THIS WAS ANNOUNCED BACK THEN...THIS WAS GOING TO BE THE LINE THAT WOULD HAVE BROUGHT ME BACK TO 12''...

BUT NOT WITH SNAKE -EYES..HE LOOKS VERY VERY BAD, EXCEPT FOR THE AMAZING GEAR HE COMES WITH, HE LOOKS LIKE A 12'' PRODUCED BY HASBRO...

COBRA COMMANDER WILL PROBABLY BE A WINNER BUT UNFORTUNATELY NOT SNAKE- EYES....

I THINK HOT TOYS IS THE ONLY COMPAGNY THAT DONT DISAPPOINT WHEN IT COMES TO 1/6 FIGURE NOW.

WHAT DRIVES ME NUTS IS THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL CANCELL THIS FIGURE EVEN MORE AT THAT PRICE POINT AND POOR FINAL DESIGN....IF THEY KEEP MAKING BAD FIGURES FOR THIS LINE, SIDESHOW WILL SIMPLY STOP PRODUCING THEM CAUSE THEY WONT SELL..THAT MEANS NO ZARTAN..:monkey2

ANYWAY, THUMBS DOWN SIDESHOW.

I believe Brady from MD said over at OSW.com that he will be swapping the Pro body for a TT and will post pics. It should be interesting to see how it turns out.

Then we get to read more of your so creative can-hardly-breathe remarks!!!!

dang... now i'm under pressure to come up with something witty....

and i already used up all of my decent material (mediocre as it may have been) so then i certainly hope the magic trutype fixes all the problems...

otherwise it's just too much effort finding snappy ways to describe the suckage...

frankly i'm too lazy for that...:banghead

Back