Official Sideshow Crimson Guards!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Offical Sideshow Crimson Guards!

It actually would be nice if a SSC rep did weigh in on the reasoning for the material. Maybe its just the jacket and the pants are cloth? That wouldn't be so bad. :dunno

If they give him Joe gloves...I will just borrow hands from my cobra trooper and cobra officer

Thinking about it, those black and red work gloves would look pretty damn sweet on the Cobra troopers/

Then why not just collect Kenner SW figures? You know, since the high end mixed media versions are based off the same designs. 3.75 inch sculpted plastic and 12 inch mixed media are the same things, right? :cool:

Because I want figures that look like the people who played them in the movie. The Kenner figures don't look like the movies they look like generic people.

Hey Everybody,

Hate for my first post to be with the minority.....but I kinda like it. I think the CG are more or a personal security detail and agree the leather (although not my favorite) kinda works for him. I do wish it was cloth but I like SSC take on it.

Rick

Welcome RR, I dig the user name! :wave

You've know since the start though these wouldn't be straight rip offs of the toys (thank god because if I wanted that I'd still have those toys). :dunno For me the Tiger Force part was one of my faves through my time of playing with these toys as a kid so I don't mind if they mix a bit of the classic with something different.

I agree. I like it but I admit to being surprised that they went with this material.

Still counts as you not liking something SSC made. :yess

Nope, you didn't forget. To my knowledge they never wore leather uniforms.

Just chaps, around the Dreadnoks.

Can't wait to pose Crimson Gimp Trooper next to Tollbooth, Spirit, Law and Torch!!!!

And...Snowjob.

Pretty much my initial thoughts. This was one of the few remaining Cobra characters that was gonna be an almost guaranteed, automatic must-buy for me, but Sideshow's really gone off the deep end with this one IMO. Outfit and helmet are just too weird and ugly. *sigh* Well, hopefully the Eels will looks reasonably close to their old-school ARAH counterparts, anyway.

LOL Don't forget to give them all mustaches, muscle bodies, Daisy Dukes, and exposed mid-riffs.

I was waiting for you to chime in. :rotfl
But they did reuse the hands. They're Joe gloves. :lol

Nope, they didn't.

:confused: Show me a real world military that dresses up in red bondage vinyl.

The Coast Guard?

Hope they aren't planning to give Cobra Commander shiny blue leathers . . . .
that would suck big time.:(

Because I want figures that look like the people who played them in the movie. The Kenner figures don't look like the movies they look like generic people.
If you want figures that look like the SW actors, then Sideshow is not the way to go.:)

It actually would be nice if a SSC rep did weigh in on the reasoning for the material. Maybe its just the jacket and the pants are cloth? That wouldn't be so bad. :dunno
they'll just give the usual response. "We thought it would be an interesting update on the character. Remember folks, we're all Joe fans here too." :rolleyes:

If they give him Joe gloves...I will just borrow hands from my cobra trooper and cobra officer

That's what I'll do too - but I don't want to have to do it. I like having an "official" look to my collection whenever possible.

We'll ignore that it couldn't be further removed from the original rifle the CeeGees came with. I don't mind the KRISS. It's the perfect fully-automatic .45cal. However, given Cobra's a terrorist organization, supplied by a Scottish arms dealer, I think it's weird that the Crimson Guard, the Cobra Elite, would have a weapon funded by and developed for the United States.

A valid and rational argument, as usual. I'm just an arm chair military enthusiast, but I'm not that bothered by it, simply because growing up, it was easy to pick out the "bad guys" by the Eastern Bloc weapons they carried. Different era now, and unless we want to see all the Cobras carrying Kalashnikov variations, I don't mind seeing something like this. I can always rationalize that Cobra stole a couple arms shipments from the U.S., or that Destro got his hands on a Vector and reverse engineered it with upgrades.

I have been waiting for these guys. The Crimson Guard were always my favorite as a kid. I will get one for sure maybe two.

Despite the funny looking helmet and pleather, I think two is a must as well.

A valid and rational argument, as usual. I'm just an arm chair military enthusiast, but I'm not that bothered by it, simply because growing up, it was easy to pick out the "bad guys" by the Eastern Bloc weapons they carried. Different era now, and unless we want to see all the Cobras carrying Kalashnikov variations, I don't mind seeing something like this. I can always rationalize that Cobra stole a couple arms shipments from the U.S., or that Destro got his hands on a Vector and reverse engineered it with upgrades.

If they were looking for .45cal, the UMP would've made more sense. It has a higher mag capacity and it's more accurate. :huh

I'm okay with them deviating from the original designs slightly, but only if it makes for a BETTER design. What Sideshow presented here is pretty darn awful. Save this weird look for the Techno Viper. The Crimson Guards are pretty iconic for me and to see it butchered like this... well... I'll pass.

It actually bums me out that so many of you are okay with it. For once I would actually love for a toy collector revolt that lead to them going back to the drawing board.

:(

I just hate the pleather, because it looks terrible in this scale, it doesnt fold or rest on the figure natually. Instead you get big rolling waves in the material, not a natural looking fold or crease. It looks terrible.

Helmets is little funky, but nothing terrible. And gloves can easily be replaced.

But pleather.....ugh :slap

I see no logic in Sideshow not reusing CCC's uniform.
I just hope the full reveal looks better, or I'll sign the petition too, and not get this figure unless they change the uniform.

I just hate the pleather, because it looks terrible in this scale, it doesnt fold or rest on the figure natually. Instead you get big rolling waves in the material, not a natural looking fold or crease. It looks terrible.

Helmets is little funky, but nothing terrible. And gloves can easily be replaced.

But pleather.....ugh :slap

That's EXACTLY how I feel.

Other than Germans wearing black leather trench coats, I can't think of a sinle Army that wore leather outfits.

Cobra Bikercops maybe, but not Royal Guard Troopers.

Hope they aren't planning to give Cobra Commander shiny blue leathers . . . .

The Brits wore a leather jerkin in both WWI & WWII, also pilots or aircrew from many WWII participants often wore leather jackets and in some cases, entire leather suits for warmth.

I'd be happier if they changed the uni to cloth, but the faux leather doesn't really bother me much. That helmet on the other hand should look more accurate, it's much rounder on the original.

If they were looking for .45cal, the UMP would've made more sense. It has a higher mag capacity and it's more accurate. :huh
The UMP has been done in 1/6 by other companies, An accurate KRISS hasn't. For me the KRISS is a welcome addition, the first accurate model done in 1/6 scale, should be a sell-out when it gets parted out.
A better alternative would've been a PP-19 Bizon submachine gun. Not .45, but Russian and has yet to appear in 1/6 scale and should also be a sell-out, maybe we'll see it on another Cobra troop.
I'm sure there will be more then one weapon included with the CG, most likely the rifle the original figure had, so just use that one and give the KRISS to a Joe.

Back