Official Sideshow Crimson Guards!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Offical Sideshow Crimson Guards!

I thought they were called PISS Tank members! Hi-oh!!! Zing! I kid the hiss tank members. :wink1:

Hey Everybody,

Hate for my first post to be with the minority.....but I kinda like it. I think the CG are more or a personal security detail and agree the leather (although not my favorite) kinda works for him. I do wish it was cloth but I like SSC take on it.

Rick

True. And unfortunately SSC's continuous liberties/updates/modernizations with this line have lead to me gradually phasing it out over the years.

With SW you know that for whatever character you like SSC will at least make a genuine attempt to match the source material.

You've know since the start though these wouldn't be straight rip offs of the toys (thank god because if I wanted that I'd still have those toys). :dunno For me the Tiger Force part was one of my faves through my time of playing with these toys as a kid so I don't mind if they mix a bit of the classic with something different.

Hey Everybody,

Hate for my first post to be with the minority.....but I kinda like it. I think the CG are more or a personal security detail and agree the leather (although not my favorite) kinda works for him. I do wish it was cloth but I like SSC take on it.

Rick

I agree. I like it but I admit to being surprised that they went with this material.

Last edited:

I agree. I like it but I admit to being surprised that they went with this material.

Right, usually SSC goes with the reuse of uniforms, hands, etc. This time the chose to go a different route.

Dont like the leather cheap material at all...It should have been the same clothes material than the CCC.

That uni would be perfect, except with the longer sleeves of course.

Right, usually SSC goes with the reuse of uniforms, hands, etc. This time the chose to go a different route.

I expected the uniform to be cloth as I've never know these guys to use the leather look but I may have forgotten that detail over the years.

You've know since the start though these wouldn't be straight rip offs of the toys (thank god because if I wanted that I'd still have those toys). :dunno For me the Tiger Force part was one of my faves through my time of playing with these toys as a kid so I don't mind if they mix a bit of the classic with something different.

Its not the same thing. I would LOVE to have identical (look wise) 1:6 high end figures of the 3/4 ones. Just cause you had the figures in 3/4 it doesn't mean you would enjoy a 1:6 figure less (Not counting the 12" Hasbro ones).

Its not the same thing. I would LOVE to have identical (look wise) 1:6 high end figures of the 3/4 ones. Just cause you had the figures in 3/4 it doesn't mean you would enjoy a 1:6 figure less (Not counting the 12" Hasbro ones).

I like the update they're getting to a more real looking military take on things. For me I understood going in they wouldn't be 110% remakes which I had no problem with, and that we would get a bit modern military take on things which I do like. At the heart of these figures they still remind me of the figures I loved playing with as a kid, and that for me is enough.

Can't wait to pose Crimson Gimp Trooper next to Tollbooth, Spirit, Law and Torch!!!!

/signed

here's hoping!

i don't mind that the line looks different than the vintage stuff. i would be %100 fine if they did though and would actually prefer it (i think) but updated looks are cool. i really had no issues with firefly but i'm just not a fan of the pleather or helmet on this figure and between the helmet and uniform this is actually the first figure in which i have been disappointed....which sucks because after storm shadow this guy was my most wanted cobra. though of the two, i think the helmet bothers me more.

Last edited:

You've know since the start though these wouldn't be straight rip offs of the toys (thank god because if I wanted that I'd still have those toys).

Then why not just collect Kenner SW figures? You know, since the high end mixed media versions are based off the same designs. 3.75 inch sculpted plastic and 12 inch mixed media are the same things, right? :cool:

Got excited at the title and then went limp.

That helmet looks wierd.

Strange painted Joe gloves??

And what is with the slick shiney gimp material?

I'll have to see more pics, but right now it's WTF SS?
Pretty much my initial thoughts. This was one of the few remaining Cobra characters that was gonna be an almost guaranteed, automatic must-buy for me, but Sideshow's really gone off the deep end with this one IMO. Outfit and helmet are just too weird and ugly. *sigh* Well, hopefully the Eels will looks reasonably close to their old-school ARAH counterparts, anyway.

Can't wait to pose Crimson Gimp Trooper next to Tollbooth, Spirit, Law and Torch!!!!
LOL Don't forget to give them all mustaches, muscle bodies, Daisy Dukes, and exposed mid-riffs.

But they did reuse the hands. They're Joe gloves. :lol

Nope, you didn't forget. To my knowledge they never wore leather uniforms.

Nope, they didn't.

I like the update they're getting to a more real looking military take on things. For me I understood going in they wouldn't be 110% remakes which I had no problem with, and that we would get a bit modern military take on things which I do like. At the heart of these figures they still remind me of the figures I loved playing with as a kid, and that for me is enough.

:confused: Show me a real world military that dresses up in red bondage vinyl.

Other than Germans wearing black leather trench coats, I can't think of a sinle Army that wore leather outfits.

Cobra Bikercops maybe, but not Royal Guard Troopers.

Hope they aren't planning to give Cobra Commander shiny blue leathers . . . .

Hope they aren't planning to give Cobra Commander shiny blue leathers . . . .

Or Commando Snake Eyes... :horror

pulp_fiction3450.jpg

Roadblock and Alpine can come with needle nose plyers and blowtorch?

Back