OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2009 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived in awesome condition. Box was no way beat up like some that I've seen posted. I think the short journey saved it from the abuse. Only thing that sucks is that is has the FedEx shipping labels and if I try to pull them off it will definitely tear off the graphics off the box. Oh well it arrived and it's awesome.

o5c3tx.jpg

Last edited:
Mine arrived in awesome condition. Box was no way beat up like some that I've seen posted. I think the short journey saved it from the abuse. Only thing that sucks is that is has the FedEx shipping labels and if I try to pull them off it will definitely tear off the graphics off the box. Oh well it arrived and it's awesome.

Hit them with a blowdryer for a bit to warm up the adhesive and give it a shot. Works wonders on price tags.

i agree with you there buddy...one of my lady friends is using the hoodie whenever she gets cold in the office at work so i just have the catalog and the mug to enjoy
Tell her when you take it home she has to come with it! :naughty :D

How is the sizing on the sweatshirt? Please say they run big!
Sadly, no. :(

Never admit that, always blame it on the washing machine! :lecture :lol
I'm just big boned Fritz. :monkey2

the large fits me perfect!
You must be a little guy. :lol

Ended up just peeling off the labels by hand. The adhesive didn't really stick onto the box too well.

The Large sweater was a bit tight. Should of gone with XL. Hopefully it won't shrink too much.

2agpjl.jpg

Hit them with a blowdryer for a bit to warm up the adhesive and give it a shot. Works wonders on price tags.

arent taxes in Cali like 8.25%? That sucks.

Temporarily 9.25%, 9.50% in some parts to help the state out with its turmoil. I got my notice, looks like it'll be here tomorrow! I got a special idea in mind for the pics...

FYI: The $50 code that everyone gets is included in the Mort Comic. If you have one of the extra $150 cards, it will be a physical card.

And a friendly reminder: Please do not post the gift card codes from the Mort comic on public sites or pass them on via PM or email, etc, to people who did not purchase the kit! You have been warned! The $50 gift card codes will ONLY be honored if YOU purchased the kit, and yes they will be cross-checking email addresses & account usernames of code-users against the list of kit-purchasers, so you CANNOT pass along the code to anyone else. You have to use it through YOUR account or it will not be honored when they process the order.

It's all part of the kit bonus :duff

Dusty- I wasn't sure if I should PM you this or not. I hope the printed codes aren't all the same or a simple number change? It looked that way in the comic. Just in case anyone gets any ideas?

I would think the Mort codes are the same except for the $150 one. I just didn't see how we get to order the color Mort though. There wasn't a code or anything like that for it. A link yes, but is that the only way?

Also, my box was pretty hammered, but everything inside was just fine. Hoodies are great padding I think.

I would think the Mort codes are the same except for the $150 one. I just didn't see how we get to order the color Mort though. There wasn't a code or anything like that for it. A link yes, but is that the only way?

Also, my box was pretty hammered, but everything inside was just fine. Hoodies are great padding I think.

Thats what worries me a bit, some low life who ordered the kit but didn't open it up could easily use the code his buddy Pm'd him. It should be individually jumbled or assigned to that specific buyer.

As for mort, i think you're right about the link? But they should have sent the special link to the kit buyers e-mails the day before Mort's order?

o5c3tx.jpg

damn man, i cant believe how good your box looks. I'm in Sac, and it looks like those ^^^^ers UPS took a baseball bat to my box and this is what i got for my trouble :cuss

IMG_0371.jpg

damn man, i cant believe how good your box looks. I'm in Sac, and it looks like those ^^^^ers UPS took a baseball bat to my box and this is what i got for my trouble :cuss

IMG_0371.jpg

Contact Sideshow's CS and use that exact pic in your response email. I don't think you'll have any problems getting it replaced.

no pics of their upcoming projects but this book totally blew me away.
its is way better then volume 10.
the articles in it are fantastic and the photography is unreal.
alone this book looks like it could be worth $50.
the logo on the back is unreal and the dvd is a nice add on.
so worth having.

Ok thank you very much :banana

An other question, in your pack have you the bonus dvd of sideshow?

1918_press04-001.jpg

And what's your opinion about this thank!

Thats what worries me a bit, some low life who ordered the kit but didn't open it up could easily use the code his buddy Pm'd him. It should be individually jumbled or assigned to that specific buyer.

I'm not sure I understand your fear. From what I understand, the $50 code is the same for everyone who ordered. At the time you go to use it, Sideshow will verify that your account was also used to order a kit. If it was, then the code will work. If not, then it won't. No one will be able to send it to their buddy and have it work for them (unless their buddy also ordered a kit, in which case they should already have the same code anyway).

And why would anyone order the kit but not open it? Theirs might be one of the lucky ones with a $150 gift card inside!

I would think the Mort codes are the same except for the $150 one.

I think what Dusty was saying was that, if you got a $150 code, it would be a card, so it would be separate from the Mort code.

So Dusty, does that mean the lucky SOB gets to use both codes, or does the one use per promotion rule apply here?

Well my kits on its way, got the final order invoice 2 days ago

Sub Total: $29.99
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $25.89
VAT/Sales Tax: $8.38
------------
Invoice Total: $64.26

So its turned out to be a pretty expensive kit for us rest of the world collectors (me being in Scotland), but I dont care coz I cant wait to get my 1st EVER kit... :banana

p.s I really REALLY hope I get one of these $150 GCs :D that would really soften the blow of the kit :drool

I just hope we will get our kits in a regular brown shipping box with the kit inside to help protect the fragile mug and that awesome Volume 11 book from the different handlers it is going to have go through to get here...

Back