OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2010 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm buying it cause you never know what sneaky trick SS will have up their sleeve with those who bought the kit.

I'll be buying it cause it's Sideshow, and I like to support them wherever I can. Great company, great people. I like most of the items in this years kit... aside from the doll... maybe a zombie doll... but a girly pirate?... meh.

I believe no points or gift cards can be used because the cost of the kit is pretty much the exact cost of the items for us (with maybe a couple bucks of 'handling' thrown in to cover a little of the packing and designing costs)... so basically the company is not making money on it at all. If it was an item with a profit margin, then they would probably throw in the RP or GC option...

I'll pass along the desire though :duff

Window clings are up:

screenshot20100927at621.png

Tomorrow's hint: Check tomorrow to see the revelation of our next kit item, which will introduce an adorable swashbuckler into your collectible crew!

Okay, possible warning sign. The only QR code reader link they posted that could read URL's doesn't seem to want to load. Can't get to the website.

This whole system will be a pain in the ass when prizes and deals are involved.

Okay, possible warning sign. The only QR code reader link they posted that could read URL's doesn't seem to want to load. Can't get to the website.

I agree, I've finally got one working on my home computer, but every link I try at work is blocked by our admin. Server. I have a feeling I may be sitting at work banging my head on the keyboard a lot.

I'm also hoping the shipping for international orders comes down a bit on the spook kit this year with all the new agreements SC has made shipping to canada. 35$ a year to ship this is getting harder to rationalize (of course this is Spook, so it's really no time to be rational, but I digress)

Just to quell a bit of the panic about "QR" codes... please try not to get TOO worked up about them - it's supposed to simply add another layer of fun and mystery for the event. If you miss out on one of them, believe me when I say that there will be MANY more chances that don't involve the codes. I don't even know all of the exact specifics on what they will be used for at this time, but we'll give you all the help and chances we can to get & participate in as much cool stuff as possible :duff

Nah, it's just one venue of many Sideshow will be using for the event. I suspect we'll see more of the coded stuff needing the zombie mask to see. Otherwise, it wouldn't be included in the kit as a featured item.

Just to quell a bit of the panic about "QR" codes... please try not to get TOO worked up about them - it's supposed to simply add another layer of fun and mystery for the event. If you miss out on one of them, believe me when I say that there will be MANY more chances that don't involve the codes. I don't even know all of the exact specifics on what they will be used for at this time, but we'll give you all the help and chances we can to get & participate in as much cool stuff as possible :duff

:lecture:lecture:lecture Last year you guys were awesome. Chicky was in here repeatedly, literally begging for freaks to give prizes to. And really awesome prizes at that.

Thanks for the info Dusty. It's nice to see some Sideshow peeps again. I haven't seen many around the last month or so but I just figured Spook has you guys all super busy.

You know...I wake up, I don't think I should buy the kit, I go to bed. I wake up, I feel like I MUST HAVE THE KIT. I dunno. I think spook is making me crazy. A good crazy. Knowing me and how I get, I will probably get the kit.

BG, just buy the kit. Think about it as your ticket for Spook and you know you are going to have way more than $30 worth of fun for that week!

Frankenberry and Booberry are back! :rock

Count Chocula is sold year-round, but Frankenberry and Booberry are seasonal in most places, so it's time to stock up!

Frankenberry and Booberry are back! :rock

Count Chocula is sold year-round, but Frankenberry and Booberry are seasonal in most places, so it's time to stock up!

If you have a Grocery Outlet near you (or a discount supermarket), it's worth hitting them up around Valentines Day. They get Booberry and Frankenberry from the other stores, around then.

Back