OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2010 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for giggles and in no way official, just to keep the discussion going for the next few weeks... what would you like to see MORE of during the event, and what would you like to see LESS of? I'm not sure anything can be changed at this point in the motion, but for my own personal interest :)

Or if you have some crazy idea (other than the seat cushion - ha!) for something to happen during the event, what would that be?

Easy, give me a Spell 1. :rotfl

But seriously, it's a nice mix as is. I have thoroughly enjoyed both my Spooktacular experiences. More late night participation by the Sideshow crew would be welcome.

Just for giggles and in no way official, just to keep the discussion going for the next few weeks... what would you like to see MORE of during the event, and what would you like to see LESS of?

Oh man, Dusty. This is like getting to tell Santa Claus what I want for Christmas - I don't want to say "football" when I really want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

But I just can't think of anything at the moment... :slap

*puts on thinking cap*

The contests I enjoy the most are the creative ones. I've never actually won one, but I've always enjoyed entering the contests where you need to carve a pumpkin, show off a costume, write a story/poem, etc. Not only do I like entering them, but I always love seeing the entries when they are posted.

For making people go really insane, how about timing the scavenger hunt? This probably won't be very popular once people start missing out, but what if a scavenger hunt item was only up for a 2-4 hour period per item and your entry for that item would have to be entered within that timeframe. At the end, only those who entered all 12 scavenger hunt contests within the allotted time could win the grand prize.

I dunno what else I can come up with at the moment... As long as Chris is there to be my personal punching bag, I'm happy.

Just for giggles and in no way official, just to keep the discussion going for the next few weeks... what would you like to see MORE of during the event, and what would you like to see LESS of? I'm not sure anything can be changed at this point in the motion, but for my own personal interest :)

Or if you have some crazy idea (other than the seat cushion - ha!) for something to happen during the event, what would that be?

I'd like to see more MotW random drop-ins at chat. Love when she posts a line from a movie and nothing else. It takes two or three before anyone catches on usually.

Other than that, the chat with video feed of new upcoming product would be cool again.

And maybe this time I can weasel my way into getting a Stealth Iron Man LSB. But not going to hold my breath as just hanging out in chat with everyone is the best part. :1-1:

It would be great if we could see a double GC time. Also if there was a way to chose something that is not on GC list.

a spooktacular edition new 12" dead figure.............:dunno

Last edited:
good fix cuz that's what i meant..........:rock

i fixed it as well.........:lol

Just for giggles and in no way official, just to keep the discussion going for the next few weeks... what would you like to see MORE of during the event, and what would you like to see LESS of?

Sideshow does such a great job during Spooktacular and there is so much of everything that is hard to even know what more we could get. Though one thing that would be cool would be a video tour around the Sideshow offices. Oh and I agree more 12" figures from The Dead would be cool too.

I loved last years Spook. It topped the others that I've proudly been apart of (since Spook '06).

Dusty, any leads on who/what will be this years CHAINSAW? :lol :duff

I Love the variety in Spook, but last year I was a bit disappointed in the timing of the givaways/disscounts. Most web ones really only occured during business hours, or a bit later. I'd like to see a return to the format of 2 years ago, I had to constantly check on line every minute I had to see what was up, and what I was going to miss. IT was much more stressful, and a lot more random fun.

That and I'm still chainsawless as well, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

For making people go really insane, how about timing the scavenger hunt? This probably won't be very popular once people start missing out, but what if a scavenger hunt item was only up for a 2-4 hour period per item and your entry for that item would have to be entered within that timeframe. At the end, only those who entered all 12 scavenger hunt contests within the allotted time could win the grand prize.

Not a bad idea, but I don't think it will happen - one of the purposes of doing the event-wide scavenger hunt is to include as many people in the fun as possible... but the other contests are the way in which you describe - you only have a certain amount of time to enter before you're cut off, first come, first served for those that find the secret word for a FREE item, etc.

Some other fun suggestions - I'll see what I can do about some of them (sorry, I should have said that I have absolutely no control over new items being released - this was just for 'event activities' :duff)

It would be awesome if on a slow night where only 5 or 7 people are chatting, you give them free stuff. :eek:

I Love the variety in Spook, but last year I was a bit disappointed in the timing of the givaways/disscounts. Most web ones really only occured during business hours, or a bit later.

This is even worse if you're at school. At work, you might be able to pop in and at least enter into a contest, if nothing more. At school... well, there's nothing. You get home and realize there've been a bunch of contests with good prizes missed. Even in Chat.

I want more chat contests! I miss doors of indecision and word of the day and I want more hidden freebees that you get clues from chat from. I want a huge scavenger hunt like we had a few years ago.

As for new or crazy ideas, I'd love to have a couple of contests where you could win stuff signed by the Sideshow team or something off of the Sideshow display shelves that we're always seeing. That'd be cool to actually see them take it off of the shelves and send it off. I wouldn't mind some IOU prizes where you could win something not yet released, you get it placed in your online account as an order zero'd out!

Finally, I want a STEALTH PATIENT ZERO. It was an April Fools joke, it was one that we would probably have never seen but since there is an embargo on them I'd love to see a few, small handful painted by the in-house Sideshow paint staff and have the clothes dyed with red painted eyes (since glowing ones are probably out reality even more than the figure itself) and have them be a prize. I know you guys have at least one or two, cast that head (is it recasting if its your own sculpt?), put those old bucks lying around to use!

I've been wanting a SPZ since that April Fools day, Sideshow make it happen!

a spooktacular edition new 12" dead figure

Perhaps a military zombie?? Or a hunter, complete with sniper rifle and big buck knife. Seriously, there should be a time when SSC comes to us for random zombie ideas.

And we're still waiting on that P!tu zombie! :tap

Back