OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2010 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does work great. The only problem I see is if the QR code as been resized on the page, sometimes the scanner doesn't recognize it, and you have you open the image in a new tab to get it the correct size.

Yeah, all of the QR codes Sideshow has used so far have been tiny. My phone wouldn't even recognize them most of the time. I'm guessing the spook codes will be the same.

Thanks Lonnie!

That does work great. The only problem I see is if the QR code as been resized on the page, sometimes the scanner doesn't recognize it, and you have you open the image in a new tab to get it the correct size. It's a shame it doesn't support drag and drop. I've actually thought about writing my own version that does that.

There is a "capture" button on the left... just pick two opposite corners around your image and it will usually decode it if the "screen shot" button fails.

There is a "capture" button on the left... just pick two opposite corners around your image and it will usually decode it if the "screen shot" button fails.
Tried both methods. Neither worked for me on the reduced size QR on the Readyness Kit preview page, until I open that image in a new tab. Are you able to get it to work on that page?

[Edit]
Hmmm... I just tried the page in (ugh) Internet Explorer, and it worked. So maybe the decoder doesn't work as well with Firefox, or maybe one of my extensions is interfering with it. One thing I know for certain, though, is that I will NOT be using IE during Spook. :yuck

Tried both methods. Neither worked for me on the reduced size QR on the Readyness Kit preview page, until I open that image in a new tab. Are you able to get it to work on that page?

[Edit]
Hmmm... I just tried the page in (ugh) Internet Explorer, and it worked. So maybe the decoder doesn't work as well with Firefox, or maybe one of my extensions is interfering with it. One thing I know for certain, though, is that I will NOT be using IE during Spook. :yuck

Has anybody since 2008? :lol

I love mort. Have all of them and glad I do. Just a neat character. Plus the artist is a pretty cool guy. :)

I would get them all but with the severe lean it looks like a bunch of zombies praying towards Mecca. Too controversial for me.

[Edit]

Yeah, I had no problem getting it to work... using IE or Google Chrome either one. One thing though... if you have a multiple monitor setup, it needs to be on the monitor you are trying to capture.

Has anybody since 2008? :lol

Yeah, I still use it... wanna make something of it??? :nana: :pfft: :rotfl

Yeah, I had no problem getting it to work... using IE or Google Chrome either one. One thing though... if you have a multiple monitor setup, it needs to be on the monitor you are trying to capture.
I've confirmed that it a Firefox incompatibility. If the image is not scaled down, either method works fine. But if it's scaled, then Bar Capture doesn't recognize it as a valid QR. It's not a problem though, because I have a nice button on my Firefox toolbar that opens the current page in chrome. So it adds one click to the process.

Oh, and as for the multiple monitor issue you described, that hasn't been a problem for me at all. I have my browser on my left side (main) monitor, and Bar Capture on the right monitor, and it works fine with Chrome.

Yeah, I still use it... wanna make something of it??? :nana: :pfft: :rotfl
Oh, I definitely wanna make something of it, Microsoft boy. :lol

At least you mentioned that you have Chrome, so your coolness rating is (mostly) safe, but still. Internet Explorer?? It is the slowest, least configurable, most difficult to use browser out there. Why would anyone want to use it without being forced to? You need to make Chrome or Firefox your default browser. Stat!

Back