Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just saw The Dark Knight mere minutes ago and just came back from the theatre
I thought it was really good and that Heath Ledger's acting in the film was over hype but he did a superb job as the Joker
Aaron Eckhart played Dent/Two-Face perfect I thought and the visuals for Two-Face were 'Rough,sick, and brilliant' as me and my friend said too each other as Dent turned his face towards Gordon
I think it would be about equal with Iron Man in my books being one of the better movies I have seen this year.
My only gripe is if they want to do Batman 3 who will be the villains and without Two-Face or the Joker who will they bring in that is not an unrealistic villain as Two-Face and Joker were very realistic as opposed to the Govenator's performance as Mr Freeze "Ice to see you" :lol

I also thought it was very sad after Harvey-Dent became Two-Face as you thought Dent would get out of the Building unscathed but as soon as he falls to the ground his face starts to rapidly burn. Also when Rachel died that was sad and unexpected :monkey2

Actually, I just updated my blog about my thoughts on the amount of money I have to spend on all the cool stuff that Hot Toys is churning out.

Then I posted this on my blog, which I thought I'd share as well. Enjoy :D

Batglare.jpg

This is me, pi$$ed off when I read/hear about all the cool Hot Toys stuff coming up (Notice the angry stare/glare in the eyes!)

JokerLaugh.jpg

This is Hot Toys, laughing in my face, all the way to the bank

Faceoff-1.jpg

This is me pi$$ed off at Hot Toys, trying to fight/resist, but futile, cause Hot Toys have already got me trapped

As The Joker says:

It's all part of the plan.....

Amazing movie. What else can be said?

Oh, and this is an interesting bit on Two-Face's fate.

Why not just recast the Joker and bring back Two-Face, you ask? With Heath Ledger dead and his portrayal of the Joker now indelibly etched into filmgoers' minds, we think it highly unlikely that the filmmakers would recast the role to bring the Clown Prince back. It would also be tough for that character to top what he did to Batman and Gotham in TDK so perhaps once is enough. Likewise, the ending of TDK seemed to suggest that Harvey Dent/Two-Face was dead, although producer Emma Thomas told IGN after an early press screening that Dent's last scene was ambiguous enough to suggest that perhaps he was still alive.

https://movies.ign.com/articles/892/892656p1.html

I did not like this movie at all when i saw it thursday but i have a strange urge to see it again:confused: (weird), maybe next week.

I truly don't think TDK can be topped. Not by anyother comic book movie or any sequels. They have hit the peak of greatness. I do think they can make part 3 better than Batman Begins but I don't see how in anyway possible TDK can be topped.

I saw this a few days ago and pretty much agree with this statement. TDK is one of the best movies I've ever seen. I suppose TDK "can" be topped in a "is it possible" sense but I don't think it ever *will* be topped. Not as far as superhero movies go.

When the credits rolled my wife and I looked at each other and both said "Wow!" Then we sat through the entire closing credits and all we could really say was "Wow!" repeatedly. Best movie since the LOTR trilogy.

Batman Begins was Star Wars, and this most certainly is its Empire Strikes Back. I have no idea how they can up the ante on this one. I'd be okay if they just ended the franchise (though of course I know they won't.)

I also thought it was very sad after Harvey-Dent became Two-Face as you thought Dent would get out of the Building unscathed but as soon as he falls to the ground his face starts to rapidly burn...

They did need a way for him to become Two-Face, I don't think anyone in that theater was expecting him to get away unscathed. We were just waiting the entire film to see his left side get scarred and how. Once his face was in a puddle of gasoline and you knew the thing was going to blow...you knew it was coming any second...amazing!

Got in my 27 x 40 Joker movie poster, and framed and hung it beside my Batpod poster, and they rock! :rock Getting most of the sticker cards now too, and mags and stuff, so other than the HT figs and eventual DVD etc., I am pretty much satisfied with my collection so far. Now, to go see it a third time, when I get the chance.
Amazing movie. Not my all-time favorite, but a great one nonetheless.
Amazing box office. Never saw that coming. Not this big I mean. I wonder where it tops out? Anyone got a guess? Will it close in on Titanic you suppose?

Will it close in on Titanic you suppose?

Doubtful, I'd love to see that ship sunk, but I think the age range to enjoy TDK, especially for multiple viewings, is much slimmer for Batman than Titanic. Much as I hate that movie's success, it was the perfect formula, couple and women from as young as 13 to as old as 100 could go and enjoy that movie. It got it's numbers because it had the biggest age range for appeal on the planet.

I'd put Dark Knight at Star Wars, POTC and Spider-Man level for success though, as successful as a movie can get with a very concetrated audience range.

I remember when I went to see that movie and when the boat started sinking I thought, "Oh good, it's almost over." :google :lol

Uhh... I don't think anyone thought that.

They did need a way for him to become Two-Face, I don't think anyone in that theater was expecting him to get away unscathed. We were just waiting the entire film to see his left side get scarred and how. Once his face was in a puddle of gasoline and you knew the thing was going to blow...you knew it was coming any second...amazing!

I mean it would be unexpected for an audience that has never seen heard or read Batman before, such as a younger audience
There were a few kiddies with their parents when I went to see it and I don't think that it was the sort of Batman Movie they would of expected

Watched it Thursday night, loved it, darker and more complex than I expected but that is all good. Much more grounded in the real world (OK, OK still a huge amount of suspending disbelief) but you felt like the Joker was just a real psycho, and to Nolan and Ledgers credit, you realy didn't know what he'd do next, making you feel his threat everytime he's on screen.

9/10 for me, which is what I'd give Begins as well, though begins had a much more emotional core, this is more moral. And like any good middle play, our heroes are left in a dark place at the end, meaning the light can come at the end of part 3, and I'd guess Nolan won't want to comit to any more than a trilogy... and to be fair I wouldn't want him to.

I mean it would be unexpected for an audience that has never seen heard or read Batman before, such as a younger audience
There were a few kiddies with their parents when I went to see it and I don't think that it was the sort of Batman Movie they would of expected

I guess, but who hasn't heard of Two-Face, the character has been around so long in so many different incarnations. My dad didn't know he was going to be Two-Face though, so I guess you'd hafta be totally ignorant to the Batman as a whole for that to happen...

Wookster, I agree with the trilogy, the heroes are always in peril at the end...Beaten, leaving a nice hanger for the third installment. And if Nolan makles a solid Batman trilogy I'd be happy. They don't need this so far brillant series to fall and start putting out shatty sequels just for the sake of a buck.

And here...

I took the studio pics from the Pic thread, and had some fun. Like the Joker one more...Bats was a bit of a rush job. I didnt know what to do with him, so I just did what I did....eh.

Jokerposter.jpg

Batposer.jpg

Hes not driving.

ht_dark_knight_080721_mn.jpg

AWESOME Pic. One of the most disturbing and iconic scenes from the movie. Heath Ledger after reading the script really took the comparison to a "mad dog" literally for his take on the character. With his puffy scarred cheecks looking like jowels, licking his lips, and then of course him here in this scene hanging out the car like a dog and shaking his hair ... I thought it was a brillaint touch.

BTW, where did you get this high quality pic? It's beautiful.

Back