Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, so. We also didnt set joker makeup ona white brick wall, the pod busting out of a office building window or joker writing why so serious on a fogged window. And not seeing those didn't let me down one bit.

we also didn't see bruce in full batman gear in wayne tower looking out the window, nor did we get harvey dent holding up his "I believe in harvey dent" pin, while Batman holding his batnarang and joker with his card with a pic of batman.. haha

Yea, so. We also didnt set joker makeup ona white brick wall, the pod busting out of a office building window or joker writing why so serious on a fogged window. And not seeing those didn't let me down one bit.

Don't mistake my comments for complaints. And the posters of the Joke writing "why so serious" on a fogged window is an image that is quite insignificant in the grand scheme of a film. It could have happened at any time, whatsoever, it's a small event. And for what it's worth, there was a scene in the movie where the batpod busts out of a glass window, office building or not.

A building exploding and across it a flaming bat-symbol is a bit more conspicuous.

we also didn't see bruce in full batman gear in wayne tower looking out the window, nor did we get harvey dent holding up his "I believe in harvey dent" pin, while Batman holding his batnarang and joker with his card with a pic of batman.. haha

Those posters fit in with the kind I mention in my first comment, the ones that just display the principle characters in some generic way to catch the eye. It's not a poster that would lead people to believe in some situation in the film where Batman, Joker, and Dent are in some police line-up, each holding up a personal item. It's ridiculous, of course.

Yeah, Batman never looked down from the penthouse in the film, but one could believe that it could have happened in a scene not shown in the film. And is that really the penthouse? There's a similar poster in which Batman prepared to jump out of a broken window, kinda like he did in Hong Kong in the film.

I'm just saying I was a bit disappointed that the flaming building never made it to the final movie as an actual filmed sequence. I think it would have been awesome, and the poster lead me to believe just that. Of course, I understand that that particular poster was made to illustrate an idea and also simply to catch the eye, but I just thought it was worth talking about.

I think the main intent with the poster was to capture the feel of the movie, which I think it does, a world without rules, Batman pushed, dark times. If a shot like that were in the movie, I think it'd be a poor marketing decision to make a pre-release poster that showed it off, major spoiler to me. The goal of the marketing designs for these films is to make you curious to see the movie, and images like that of Batman, the Batpod poster and the Joker poster are effective at that, more so than the generic, repeatedly used promo montage of main characters mosts film posters use. Some have nice compositions and look cool, but most of the time, using that style gives no indication what type of film you're going to see and doesn't really do much in the way of making you curious to check out the movie. i find, unless you knnow about the movie already, you don't get much from seeing that style poster. I think the Dent, Joker and Batman ones with them holding their crap are the weakest posters from the whole TDK campaign, with the 3 like the burning Bat symbol being the strongest and the more artsy ones like Joker walking down the street and Batman overlooking from the window coming in closely behind.

A Dog Chasing Cars isn't at all from when Bruce is following Reese with Gordon's men, that whole moment is covered in "And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad", I think Dog Chasing is music not used in the movie after the first few minutes capture the tension building on the boats and the rooftop dialogue between Batman and Gordon before he leaps over to the Joker's building. I can't figure it out, but there's some music bridging Dog Chasing and Introduce a Little Anarchy which covers the entire SWAT fight and Joker beating Batman with the pipe and dogs.

Oops! Sounded so alike, so you cant fault me for thinking so. :eek:

It's all good. The new heroic theme is in a lot of the tracks, so it sounds the same. But the first part of Chasing Dogs is definitely the beginning of the end credits fo sho!
And you can trust me on this, since track 8 repeats incessantly in my car whenever I drive anywhere now. :lol

It's all good, I'm just very enthusiastic about the score, I love it, and I've been working dilligently when I get a chance to identify where each piece on the score comes into play in the movie.

Dog chasing cars is in ways the exact music from the SWAT scene, but it's missing pieces and doesn't quite sync up, which is why I think it's extra music that wasn't in the film because that was the only scene with scoring like that, but the first few minutes is definitely in the film. Next time I see TDK I'm going to check out the credits and see what's playing there. I think part of Why So Serious is excess too, the first half is almost just like the bank robbery, but it's the second half that's the bank robbery and it plays right into I'm not a hero same way it does in the movie as the bus is pulling away and the film fades into recapping what Batman's been up to and his effect on Gotham and all. I'll probably have to wait for DVD to really pick apart the score, but it's fun piecing it together now.

It's all good, I'm just very enthusiastic about the score, I love it, and I've been working dilligently when I get a chance to identify where each piece on the score comes into play in the movie.

Dog chasing cars is in ways the exact music from the SWAT scene, but it's missing pieces and doesn't quite sync up, which is why I think it's extra music that wasn't in the film because that was the only scene with scoring like that, but the first few minutes is definitely in the film. Next time I see TDK I'm going to check out the credits and see what's playing there. I think part of Why So Serious is excess too, the first half is almost just like the bank robbery, but it's the second half that's the bank robbery and it plays right into I'm not a hero same way it does in the movie as the bus is pulling away and the film fades into recapping what Batman's been up to and his effect on Gotham and all. I'll probably have to wait for DVD to really pick apart the score, but it's fun piecing it together now.

Yeah definitely check out the end credits dude. Lots of different tracks are put together in it!:banana

I wish they'd do an all encompassing score, maybe with the movie's success one will come out for the holidays, it's just really nice beginning to end.

I wish they'd do an all encompassing score, maybe with the movie's success one will come out for the holidays, it's just really nice beginning to end.

They did one for one of the Star Wars prequels, right? That would be sweet for the Dark Knight as well. I just want the movie on Blu-ray already!! :monkey4
:D

They did one for one of the Star Wars prequels, right? That would be sweet for the Dark Knight as well. I just want the movie on Blu-ray already!! :monkey4
:D

Sadly, they only did it for Episode 1 from Star Wars, which sucks because Episode III was the best score of the PT.

I keep trying to find the Begins extended score on torrent sites and all, but not much luck with that.

I was talking about this movie at work today, and my boss/supervisor admitted that he hadn't seen it yet. I said (jokingly) that he should drop whatever he was doing and go see it right away. He said, "OK, but only if you come with me!"

We just got back and he said it was fabulous.

:chew :chew :chew

I was talking about this movie at work today, and my boss/supervisor admitted that he hadn't seen it yet. I said (jokingly) that he should drop whatever he was doing and go see it right away. He said, "OK, but only if you come with me!"

Damn, that is an excellent boss!

You've got an awesome boss! Tell him NOT to see more movie often so you guys can go during work! :lol

well I'm definitely doing my part to help DK sink Titanic... a friend from my gym asked if I saw it yet. I told him yeah ..a few times . Then I asked him if he saw it yet and he said no.... we're gonna see it on Sat ... that'll be 8 times. I think I've got the script memorized now!

Downey Jr.: 'The Dark Knight Is Too Smart For Me'
posted by Jay Cocrock in Movies at 06:35 PM on 2008.08.11
ShareThis

Source: MovieHole.net

IRON MAN has sparked a feud with BATMAN - ROBERT DOWNEY JR. insists THE DARK KNIGHT is too complicated.

The actor admits he's still scratching his head about the Batman Begins sequel's plot - and he feels sure he's not the only one.

He tells MovieHole.net, "I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get many things that are so smart. "(The Dark Knight) is like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and scriptwriting and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.'

"I didn't understand The Dark Knight... I still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and, in the end, they need him to be a bad guy.

"I'm like, 'I get it - this is so high brow and so ^^^^^king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.'"

ShareThis

IRON MAN has sparked a feud with BATMAN - ROBERT DOWNEY JR. insists THE DARK KNIGHT is too complicated.

The actor admits he's still scratching his head about the Batman Begins sequel's plot - and he feels sure he's not the only one.

He tells MovieHole.net, "I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get many things that are so smart. "(The Dark Knight) is like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and scriptwriting and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.'

"I didn't understand The Dark Knight... I still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and, in the end, they need him to be a bad guy.

"I'm like, 'I get it - this is so high brow and so ^^^^^king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.'"

In a similar (very similar) interview he mentions his respect for what Nolan and crew have accomplished with TDK.

And there's no feud, he made those comments half-jokingly anyway, with the usual Downey Jr. sarcasm.

Film School Rejects sits down for an interview with RDJ:
https://www.filmschoolrejects.com/j...-iron-man-2-the-dark-knight-colin-farrell.php

Last edited:
ShareThis

Nice posting Mike, what are you the Michael Moore of message boards!:D

In a similar (very similar) he mentions his respect for what Nolan and crew have accomplished with TDK.

And there's no feud, he made those comments half-jokingly anyway, with the usual Downey Jr. sarcasm.

Film School Rejects sits down for an interview with RDJ:
https://www.filmschoolrejects.com/j...-iron-man-2-the-dark-knight-colin-farrell.php

well I'm definitely doing my part to help DK sink Titanic... a friend from my gym asked if I saw it yet. I told him yeah ..a few times . Then I asked him if he saw it yet and he said no.... we're gonna see it on Sat ... that'll be 8 times. I think I've got the script memorized now!

EIGHT TIMES?!?! You the man! Sink that over-hyped cruise ship :rock

Back