Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, see it in IMAX again! Much better visually and helps add a few more $$ to the box office take-in :lol

I've seen it twice in IMAX and twice in a standard theater, and there is just no comparison. IMAX is the way to see this film at its best! :rock

I hate Titanic and was pissed when it bumped Star Wars. Since Star Wars can't get it back, at least let the Bat take it!

You know I used to think Titanic was good. But, the more I thought about it over time, I really can't stand it. They took the tragedy and turned it into a love story. It's so over-rated, bloated, and annoying...and if I hear Celine Dion "My Heart Will Go On" one more time I'm gonna put a gun to my head. :pow

On a brighter note. I am gonna def. try for one more IMAX viewing of TDK. Maybe I can talk the wife into it. She hasn't seen it yet.

I don't really know why but it wasn't even until TDK that I even really knew about Imax or cared for it. Now though when I go to the regular theatre it is kind of dull.:monkey1

TDK has officially moved into third place all time and is only 20 million behind Star Wars. There is little doubt that it will pass Star Wars for second place by this time next week. Just blows my mind.

I can't stop thinking about this f'n movie. It is that good. I saw it a week ago for the second time and I already want to see it again. I wish I owned this movie on BR already so I could watch it whenever the hell I felt like it

:rock:rock:rock:rock
You rock man! Like you, I can't stop thinking about the movie either. I seriously think I get withdrawals since its been more than a week since the last time I saw it.(Yes, I admit I am addicted to Dark Knight) I'm thinking about just going to the IMAX after work tomorrow just to watch it by myself! And yes, it needs to be on Blu-ray already!!

A Knight's Tale has been on TV today, so I've watched a bit of it again. I still can't believe that is the same guy that played the Joker. Heath totally got into the role. Those that don't think he deserves the Oscar, just watch a Knight Tale and see just how different he really is. Honestly, if it wasn't for the Honor Guard non-make-up shot, I still wouldn't believe that was Heath. Doesn't look or sound like him at all. :google

A Knight's Tale has been on TV today, so I've watched a bit of it again. I still can't believe that is the same guy that played the Joker. Heath totally got into the role. Those that don't think he deserves the Oscar, just watch a Knight Tale and see just how different he really is. Honestly, if it wasn't for the Honor Guard non-make-up shot, I still wouldn't believe that was Heath. Doesn't look or sound like him at all. :google

Have you seen any of Heath's other films? He's a chameleon.

You're right, for the most part his look never quite shines through the makeup and prosthetics, you know it's in there and shapes what you see, but they departed his base face very well, which is good because Heath was a handsome dude and Joker can't look handsome. His voice is an amazing transformation, a lot of movies I've seen Heath in, his Australian accent doesn't shine, but it gives his voice and undertone of nobility, his Joker voice is just downright creepy and dimented, I can't imagine the training he had to put his voice through for it, him and Bale.

It was #1 at the BO, again!?! That's insane! I thought P-Express would trump it!

But if there's any justice in the world, "Pineapple" will get at least one more chance to square up against "The Dark Knight" — when Heath Ledger and James Franco both get nominated for Best Supporting Actor at next year's Oscars.

Franco on the same level as Ledger? Ummm...no.

Wow.... That's awesome. Maybe Tropic Thunder will dethrone it. :lol

I went and saw this for the 4th time last week and it was amazing that the theater was still packed with people to see it, even in my small town. I was really shocked. And I have to say that even after viewing number 4, I am not tired of it. I leave wanting more, it's just crazy how much I love this movie. I seriously could go and see it yet again...

Wow.... That's awesome. Maybe Tropic Thunder will dethrone it. :lol

I went and saw this for the 4th time last week and it was amazing that the theater was still packed with people to see it, even in my small town. I was really shocked. And I have to say that even after viewing number 4, I am not tired of it. I leave wanting more, it's just crazy how much I love this movie. I seriously could go and see it yet again...

I feel the same way. Usually there are scenes in a film that are "the boring part" after you've seen it twice or more. But not this film. I continue to enjoy every scene, especially the Joker ones. I honestly feel this film has a shot of at least being nomiated for best picture. It is leaps and bounds better than Titanic and 99% of the crap they nominate. But if Heath isn't nominated, the Academy has offically lost all sense of reality.

It was #1 at the BO, again!?! That's insane! I thought P-Express would trump it!

You can say that again!

I wanted to watch it yesterday (3rd time) because a friend hasn't seen it (OMG!) but tickets were sold out! We couldn't book the tickets online and when we got there at 12pm and the 12pm show already sold out.

We wanted to get the 3:10pm show but there was only 1 ticket left so it was a no-go.

We had 2 other options:

Option 1: try the other cineplex in the mall, which had 2 screenings which were both sold out as well.

Option 2: wait until 2:40pm to see if we could get the uncollected reserved tickets, which was 15 uncollected at the time we were queuing up.

In the end, all of the reserved tickets were collected as well and there was just that 1 seat left.

Finally, we just decided to watch "21" :p

Still, its quite a feat for any movie to be sold out, at this point, its been more than 3 weeks, going on 4, and the theaters are still packed. I don't remember any other movie quite like this.

My goodness, this one is terrifying!! Glad they didn't use it - not sure if I would have been able to watch!

woose :p

His face would have been covered in make-up for the most part. Plus, That pic makes him look totally psychotic, I would have loved a R rated DK. BUT...I wouldn't doubt WB said no to those concepts, just like they said no to blood.

With the box office numbers they are getting from a PG-13 TDK, there's no doubt in my mind that they are happy with the PG-13 rating on the upcoming Terminator movie, and somebody in some office is trying to figure out how to produce a PG-13 cut of Watchmen.

They wont. Look at 300, and The Matrix. Warner knows that when marketed will R-Rated films can bring in the money.

I'm pretty confident they won't but I think they can see that a PG-13 film that can attract teenagers has a bigger potential for profit.

Rated PG-13
Dark Knight: 440m+
Pirates 2: 420m+
Spider-Man: 400m+
Episode III: 380m+
LOTR: ROTK: 380m+
Spidey 2: 370m+
Jurassic Park: 357m+
Transformers: 319m+
Iron Man: 316m+
Indy IV: 314m+

Rated R
Matrix 2: 281m+
300: 210m+
Matrix: 171m+

There's no comparison when it comes to box office potential for films that have ratings that allow families and teens to buy tickets. Do they want to turn away teenagers all summer, or have them come back for their fifth and sixth viewing? Movies like these make the money over time in part due to repeat business from adolescents, which can't happen when it receives an R rating.

I should make it clear that I don't want to see a PG-13 Watchmen, but there's got to be some accountants at WB who are dreaming of it.

Nope. Warner is a good company. They seem to let the directors make the film they want to make, how they want to make it.

Also, Watchmen WILL have more viewings because it'll (hopefully) be deep, and full of new meanings on things, like the book. I've re-read stuff, and found totally new things I've never noticed before. Plus, kids wouldnt want to see this....they'll think its boring crap. This is an adult movie....(although me not being an adult is ironic..but still).

Back