Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The choice for Catwoman and that costuming is horrid. I like the idea of Kristen Bell as Harley Quinn although her being the main villain or even involved is really a long shot.

The choice for Catwoman and that costuming is horrid. I like the idea of Kristen Bell as Harley Quinn although her being the main villain or even involved is really a long shot.

yeah I agree about kristen Bell as harley but still looks pretty cool

I love that The Dark Knight seemingly took Michael Mann's "Heat", added Batman and the Joker and transcended both genres in the process. Incredible.

Agreed. It was all just perfect, the feel, the environment, the whole setup! I loved how similar both came to be, once again i'd have to say that Nolan is a genius all in his own.

IMO he's Batman (1989) standing on the building top with the Bat signal reflecting the clouds in the background!

I will NEVER get tired of this film and can't wait to buy the DVD!

It's probably time to introduce you to the words "tabbed browsing" and "multitasking." But well done on another post that skips out on addressing any actual issues. ;)

You can make all the excuses you want. And the issues been addressed. You're the Michael Moore of internet posting. Ask why and give no answers. We're still waiting. More than likely another 30 minutes for you to "tab browse" (i.e. look up terms in the dictionary) and "multitask" (i.e. an hour of alone time to come up with an empty thought)

catwoman-batman-3.jpg

Geez that's just poorly done.

Not sure if someone posted these...more fan made Batman 3 posters:

https://bamkapow.com/even-more-batman-3-fan-posters--1784-p.html

The only one I really like of that line-up is Kristen Bell as Harley. But if she's in the next movie I'd only want her appearing in the opening scenes as a throwback to the last film (like they did with the Scarecrow.) Let her have a sweet encounter with Batman reflecting a very literal extension of the Joker, have him deal with her then move on to the real villains.

harley-batman-3.jpg

I don't know much about Harley Quinn, and it's been a long time since I've watched Batman TAS, but it seems to me that the Joker in Nolan's world is a loner, no attachment to anyone or anything, just a stray dog chasing cars. I'm not sure it'd feel right for him to have that relationship.

If I recall in the comics she was a therapist at Arkham and and Joker cultivated a relationship so she helped him get out. Don't recall exactly why he let her keep hanging around, but I think it was not voluntary (on his part) until he realized she could still be useful. So I could see that working out, but with no Joker I dunno.

I kinda like Khev's idea of her having a small cameo, she could be a Joker copy cat.

And....also impossible.

Anyway, whats up with the Gotham City title? Its horrid. Why does anyone think that would be a good title at all?

No idea, but whatever the title is, it'll be Batman-centric again, or it should anyway, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, not sure what a good third title would be, but if it's a Nolan film, the title should fit so they all feel like a whole. Maybe Batman Redemption or something.

Eh, I don't care too much for Batman Redemption because it's a little too blatant of a title if the theme is going to be the same. Plus I'll be honest I have a difficult time with the whole redemption as a theme. Something about it doesn't sit well with me, but I haven't figured out what yet.

I Believe they're trying to stay away from the Returns type titles, I thought I read once something like that. So far, every title has been pertinent to how Batman is established in each film, created, quantified. Whatever they do with him in a third film will lead to that title.

"The Dark Knight Returns" seems the most obvious choice to me unless they're saving that for a potential adaptation of the original miniseries by that name.

That's my theory, as well. It's fitting and the only decent one I've seen of all of the proposed titles. Plus, the comic kicks ass.

Back