Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like she says. :D

I don't see them reusing the Joker again for a while after this. Just keep him alive for a future film, maybe 8 years down the road or so... focus on other villains and it will be fine.

But with this film being a revamp, they needed the Joker. ESPECIALLY since he was killed off in the 89 film.

I think these series of film will make a nice trilogy and just that.

Although, I would LOVE to see a new, serious, live-action Batman TV show done in the realistic Nolan style. They would almost certainly recast everybody then, so recasting the Joker wouldn't be an issue likeness wise, only performance wise.

With budgets of TV shows now-a-days, I don't think this is a far fetched or unreasonable dream. Heck, Superman has a teenage version of himself TV show that did/is doing quite well (I hate Superman so I have no idea if Smallville is still going).

Depp as the Joker, ugh. hope not. that would really confuse the casual fans. They'll just go with a shadowy cameo in the 3rd film.

^^smallville is still going, but probably not much longer. and the concept of a batman show has been tossed around but shot down numerous times. there was a spin-off show called "birds of prey" that didn't do so well.

^^smallville is still going, but probably not much longer. and the concept of a batman show has been tossed around but shot down numerous times. there was a spin-off show called "birds of prey" that didn't do so well.

Right. That wasn't a BATMAN Tv show. I hope that after Nolan finishes the Trilogy, that they seriously consider a new Batman TV show.

Joker won't be recasted I think not to mention that while Bale said he would be Batman for the rest of his life, Nolan is only signed for three and hasn't made any motion to do more....This will go three and then another director will take up and it'll the other films route. Die off and then in a few years another reboot after a failed TV Series starring Dean Cain that started out popular then fails horribly and then a TV Series about Bruce Wayne's childhood in Gotham.....wait........that doesn't sound right.....

According to what I was able to ferret online this is the look that Nolan wants for Two-Face:

batman_thelonghalloween_8.jpg

Tim Sale's art is great and make the digital manipulation make a little more sense.

Right. That wasn't a BATMAN Tv show. I hope that after Nolan finishes the Trilogy, that they seriously consider a new Batman TV show.

i didn't say it was, i said it was a spinoff. when smallville took off the WB started looking for another hit series and almost made another flash, they even made a pilot for Aquaman, and a young Bruce Wayne show was pitched. it was shot down after many attempts.

Young Bruce Wayne was immediately shot down by WB due to Batman Begins....they wouldn't even let him be featured in one episode.

^^^i think it would be lame anyways. smallville was a great concept, but i think it should have been limited to his high school years. since most of the characters moved out of smallville i dont really see the point. and i think they've seriously run out of good ideas with the show.

The interesting thing is that Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne do cross paths once in the past....

From Cinemablend:

The Dark Knight may still be months away, but planning for a third Batman movie is already happening, somewhere deep in the Warner Bros. lair. Tonight, in a flurry of superhero related messages between me and a long time scooper and friend of the site, we uncovered some of the details about where exactly Batman goes next, after he’s finished with the Joker in Dark Knight.

Make no mistake by the way, Joker really is out of the picture after this movie, at least according to our source. We’re told that the Joker indeed was supposed to be back for another film, and that they did consider simply recasting the part for the inevitable Batman 3, but that those plans have been scrapped after the tragedy of Heath Ledger’s death. Joker has been written out of the Batman 3 script.

Instead, our scooper tells us we’ll get a lot more Two-Face. No surprise there. Anyone who’s seen the recent trailer for The Dark Knight knows the current movie will be dealing with the creation of Batman’s scarred, coin-flipping bad guy. It looks like Batman 3 will continue with his story. We couldn’t get specific details from our source, but she says the third film will be referencing the Batman graphic novels “The Long Halloween” and “Dark Victory”.

“The Long Halloween” seems to deal with a lot of the plot elements we’ll see in The Dark Knight. According to Wikipedia, it involves the Joker, and the creation of Two-Face. More importantly, it involves the evolution of the gang of criminals Batman fights into full fledged supervillains. “Dark Victory” is a sequel to “The Long Halloween”, in the same way Batman 3 will likely be a direct sequel to The Dark Knight. “Dark Victory” continues the story of “The Long Halloween” and seems primarily focused on Two-Face, while introducing Batman’s sidekick Robin. Does that mean we’ll get the return of the boy wonder in Batman 3? If the story follows along this same track, it could.

For any of this complex storytelling to work, they’re going to need director Christopher Nolan. From what our source tell us, he’ll be back for Batman 3… but only Batman 3. Whether the series goes on from there is anybody’s guess, but all indications are that no matter what happens Nolan quits the world of Batman after the third one, and moves on to something else.

Take it with a grain of salt. Nolan being out after 3 isn't news but he has been hellbent on No Robin so that part is probably BS, although I wouldn't put it past the new director to do it ala Batman Forever.

At least he is using the GOLD that is the Sale/Loeb stories. Long Halloween and Dark Victory are some of my absolute favorite stories, will be sweet to see some of that story make it's way onto the screen. :rock

I really need to get around and read TLH and DV. I've heard a lot about them, but still haven't read them. I'll probably love them too since I'm a big Two-face fan.

I really need to get around and read TLH and DV. I've heard a lot about them, but still haven't read them. I'll probably love them too since I'm a big Two-face fan.

You haven't read The Long Halloween??? :google

Get it TOMORROW.

(BTW, some of it obviously influenced Batman Begins as well :lecture )

TLH is great. Get the new(er) paperback edition. It's a great piece to own. Love the artwork.

You haven't read The Long Halloween??? :google

Get it TOMORROW.

(BTW, some of it obviously influenced Batman Begins as well :lecture )

Definitely... You MUST OWN this as a Batman fan.

Here are IMO, the must own Batman stories... Batman: Year One, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, The Dark Knight Returns, The Killing Joke, Hush, Haunted Knight and The Man Who Laughs. At least to me... There are many more great stories, but these are CLASSICS.

Definitely... You MUST OWN this as a Batman fan.

Here are IMO, the must own Batman stories... Batman: Year One, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, The Dark Knight Returns, The Killing Joke, Hush, Haunted Knight and The Man Who Laughs. At least to me... There are many more great stories, but these are CLASSICS.

I did get the new 20th anniversery edition of the Killing Joke. My Dad has Year One and Dark Knight returns, so I've read them both.

Maybe I can con my Dad to go to the comic shop tomorrow after lunch. He has been wanting to go there for a few weeks now. :D

Back