Statue Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got to ask am I the only one who finds this tbd a little bit overboard. They have the Gray and green both sitting with tbd on the ex, I personally haven't ordered one because I'm still waiting. I know this isn't all about the number on the bottom but why not keep the ex exciting for the people who really like the collectibility aspect make a number and run with it and tbd the regs for those that aren't as excited about the ex factor.

I just got to ask am I the only one who finds this tbd a little bit overboard. They have the Gray and green both sitting with tbd on the ex, I personally haven't ordered one because I'm still waiting. I know this isn't all about the number on the bottom but why not keep the ex exciting for the people who really like the collectibility aspect make a number and run with it and tbd the regs for those that aren't as excited about the ex factor.
Be thankful it will have an Edition Size.
Check out the new Masked Predator LSB. That has a Regular & Exclusive but no TBD, will probably be Open Edition.

TBD is annoying but it may very well get worse.

Check out the new Masked Predator LSB. That has a Regular & Exclusive but no TBD, will probably be Open Edition.

I just noticed that yesterday. I really hope this isn't the direction SS is heading with future releases. Not committing to an ES so they can profit the most off the stuff that sells and make less of the product that may be less popular and doesn't sell. Once again it appears to be all about SS and less about the consumer. If they go with open edition on everything I will be done buying from SS

I hear what your saying about them having an es at all with the open es becoming more common. I have a few statues that are ex and some that are regs but love them all there is just somthing about the fear about missing an ex you really like on first day po that made this even more exciting.

I just noticed that yesterday. I really hope this isn't the direction SS is heading with future releases. Not committing to an ES so they can profit the most off the stuff that sells and make less of the product that may be less popular and doesn't sell. Once again it appears to be all about SS and less about the consumer. If they go with open edition on everything I will be done buying from SS

Agree and agree

I already have a personal policy about passing on ALL open ES pieces from SSC. If SSC decides to go with open ES on everything, I won't even hesitate to stop buying from them.

I don't think they would be arrogant enough to actually execute on this. I feel like SS is trying to test the waters one little bit at a time to see the crowd reaction. I don't collect these statues for the number on the bottom by any means but if I'm going to drop $400 to $600 on a statue you better believe I don't want SS getting shipments of that item two years later because the WL filled up with enough people to justify another crate of mass produced statues from China.

If they are arrogant enough to see this through... Well it will be quite a sight to see a company 20 years strong crumble like a house of cards . The masses certainly will not stand for this crap nor should we have to

Open Edition is one thing but to produce an Ex & Reg OE is crazy/greedy.
Keep selling the Ex direct for years while the Authorised Dealers have access to the Reg for years to come.

Open Edition is one thing but to produce an Ex & Reg OE is crazy/greedy.
Keep selling the Ex direct for years while the Authorised Dealers have access to the Reg for years to come.

My sentiments exactly Colin. You summarized it perfectly here

Yeah. It does sound greedy, but if it results in everything having an open ES, hopefully it will mean a price decrease? Or at least no more hikes?

(First line specific)

I also buy what I love, with no intent to sell initially. And I honestly don't think you should be able to sell these for a profit, or to get your money back. You buy it, don't like it, want to sell it you should lose money on it. (Or at most break even). People buying it just to sell for more is what is driving prices up.

Ok, let's hear the hate.

I also buy what I love, with no intent to sell initially. And I honestly don't think you should be able to sell these for a profit, or to get your money back. You buy it, don't like it, want to sell it you should lose money on it. (Or at most break even). People buying it just to sell for more is what is driving prices up.

Ok, let's hear the hate.

HulkAnimated02.gif

Neither do I and I have never done that. But... I also don't want my statues to be worthless when I need to sell to make room for new pieces.
You're alright as you have plenty of room at the moment, some of us have quite a few pieces and need to shuffle around.

Ok, let's hear the hate.

Your intentions and thoughts are in the right place but it's just not practical. Wait till you have a room filled to the brim one day and cuts become inevitable. There could be a day SS releases a new Cap or Hulk that you absolutely love more then the one you already have. Not everyone selling portions of their collection intends to do so to make a profit but with rising cost and countless releases it's nice to make a little extra money to recycle back into the hobby. I don't have a problem with flippers. They've been around in this hobby longer then I have and that will never change. Besides with the increasing ES that have accompanied recent and future releases, prices will never get out of control like they have on the older SS grails. There's too much product out there now.

LOL! Let it be known, on this very day. I do not support statue purchasing for the purpose of resale in order to make a profit!

you-shall-not-pass-o.gif

If this didn't exist SS wouldn't be in business because the retailers that buy their product wouldn't be able to make a profit. Its a business for them and a hobby for you and I buddy.

Back