Statue Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the past people have taken comfort with this expensive hobby knowing they could at the very least break even when selling a statue they no longer want or need to sale for financial reasons. I don't think a lot of people would continue in this hobby if they spend $400+ on a statue but could only get $150 for it in the aftermarket. This hobby is two expensive to just buy statues because you like the looks of it and then throw it out in the trash when you get bored with them... Maybe some people can afford that but I guarantee the majority can't, not to mention the earful would we get from our significant others :) I think a lot of wives and GF's put up with are hobby since we can usually get our money back.

I think overtime large ES's and Open ES's will start to hurt the aftermarket... Although on the flip side it will be great for bargain hunters :)

I can get down with that. I'm rooting for these same Edition sizes on exclusives, but ridiculously large Or open ES on regs.

Agree with both you and Sarakawa. As awesome as these are, I look at a $400 statue on my shelf and still get the guilt that I paid $400 for it.

Also, really think collectors should be wary of supporting open ES pieces. You realize it removes all incentive for them to come out with a new version of anything, when once demand spikes they can just dust off the 'already paid for' piece, charge the new going rate (cough, dinosauria, cough cough) and meet the new demand.

I dont buy anything to sell, but if these things plummet in value, that guilt I have when looking over something I already feel I am paying too much for? Well, thats the day I can't justify indulging myself any longer.

Yeah I think going past $350 was a tipping point for many, andIII think it is becoming more evident with time. At $400 the Batman Ex sold out in 5 days with an ES of 2000, the Superman Ex took 2 weeks with an ES of 2500, but after about 5 months the WW PF Ex is still not sold out. Now I know it has an ES of 3500, but it has EVERYTHNG going for it. AMAZING sculpt, AWESOME Ex, and it is a pretty woman... IMHO that piece wouldn't still be available if the price was $350 even with a high ES. Not to mention the new Thor or the Green/Grey Hulks... Those pieces are still around because a lot of us are priced right out of them, or at least we have to make fewer purchases.

Some statues we buy from now on will increase in value, stay level or just plain loose money on it. Its partially up to SS ES and some luck. The key is, just enjoy them and hope for the best, but expect the worst with resale.

The better half tolerates as is, I'm not pushing my luck

It would be fun to display around hallows eve with some of the other dead pieces. Btw your not telling me anything that my own half doesn't give me too bro. :lol

Great comparison to the cars. The couch...

Not so much :lol

Couch, TV, Bookshelf... Whatever... I don't plan on getting back what I paid.

PS - I think the couch is bloody brilliant ;) LOL :)

In the past people have taken comfort with this expensive hobby knowing they could at the very least break even when selling a statue they no longer want or need to sale for financial reasons. I don't think a lot of people would continue in this hobby if they spend $400+ on a statue but could only get $150 for it in the aftermarket. This hobby is two expensive to just buy statues because you like the looks of it and then throw it out in the trash when you get bored with them... Maybe some people can afford that but I guarantee the majority can't, not to mention the earful would we get from our significant others :) I think a lot of wives and GF's put up with are hobby since we can usually get our money back.

I think overtime large ES's and Open ES's will start to hurt the aftermarket... Although on the flip side it will be great for bargain hunters :)

I see what you are saying... However I have to say when I first started collecting I gave no thought about selling these items again... that just ended up being a bonus. I also have yet to sell any SSC that I bought for 300.00 or more and taken any more then a 25.00 to 50.00 hit. Most of the time I break even or end up ahead.

More recently I have bought pieces before that I have thought to myself "Well if I don't love it, I can always sell it" and I have been able to do that. However with these larger edition sizes it may be harder... I have not come across that yet... I guess I would take a pretty big hit on my Hulk Maquette. But if that is the case then we as consumers will have to be a little more careful in what we buy and go for things that we really feel like we want and not just on a whim. After all that is how I chose my Big screen TV Shouldn't I at least be as careful with these statues?

Yeah I understand. I guess I'm really just holding on to a fools dream of getting the best of both worlds. Because part of me wants value of the statues I buy for 400$ to go up after owning them. But at the same time, if me making money means sideshow charging more for new statues. I'd rather lose money on my 400$ statue, and keep the new statues at $400-$550 ya know?

If the after market prices didn't go up on pieces then Sideshow would lose buyers and/or licenses because sales would drop. One only needs to look at Gentle Giant products and lines over the last several years.

Where your argument about Sideshow seeing secondary market prices and thinking they can charge similar prices is in the quantity. 100 or so statues selling on Ebay for double MSRP from Sideshow is a far cry from Sideshow producing and selling 1500 statues at that same price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The product weights have been going down. Meaning shipping should be going down right. And I swear I've read that the mixes of materials they use has made the process cheaper?

But I agree that they will increase prices so they make more profit. But you can't deny that aftermarket prices might have sped up the price hikes or made them larger.

Weight has little to no impact on shipping charges because shippers charge dimensional weight vs actual weight.

If your 2nd statement were true, PF prices would have been $400-500 5 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back