Statue Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neither do I and I have never done that. But... I also don't want my statues to be worthless when I need to sell to make room for new pieces.
You're alright as you have plenty of room at the moment, some of us have quite a few pieces and need to shuffle around.

Your intentions and thoughts are in the right place but it's just not practical. Wait till you have a room filled to the brim one day and cuts become inevitable. There could be a day SS releases a new Cap or Hulk that you absolutely love more then the one you already have. Not everyone selling portions of their collection intends to do so to make a profit but with rising cost and countless releases it's nice to make a little extra money to recycle back into the hobby. I don't have a problem with flippers. They've been around in this hobby longer then I have and that will never change. Besides with the increasing ES that have accompanied recent and future releases, prices will never get out of control like they have on the older SS grails. There's too much product out there now.

Yeah, I mean I can respect someone trying to get their money back. But I think it tarnishes hobbies to purchase something, wait for it to sell out, then sell it and make 100$. But I agree, flippers are here to stay. Past, present, and future.

Also, I completely agree. I don't doubt that one day there will be a better hulk or cap made. And I will want to upgrade. But I'm not purchasing those two pieces thinking "when another cap comes out, atleast I'll get my money back". I'm thinking if a better cap arrives, I'm prepared to sell this allied charge cap (at a loss if that's where the prices are) to get it. Luckily for most of us, there's enough flippers in the business to pretty much guarantee that you will atleast get your money back on any A-list/ popular character statue.

And what those second hand prices do is boost prices for new pieces. Because sideshow goes on ebay, sees what some of these sold out statues go for and they think "hmmm, more people want this, next time, we make it a bigger ES. Hmmmm look at these prices they are paying for the same statues we sell aftermarket! Let's bump the price up a bit!".

If this didn't exist SS wouldn't be in business because the retailers that buy their product wouldn't be able to make a profit. Its a business for them and a hobby for you and I buddy.

I understand it's a business first and hobby second, but we are hurting out own cause by making second hand prices so high. I also understand business up prices until they lose large amounts of business, then they drop it just enough to make the most profit. But I believe, fully, that the extremely high prices of some after market statues (even if it's worth it) motivates SSC to up their prices.

I see your intent, but I agree with collectorol--I would hate to see them to lose value.

I've been collecting comics for decades, and I would hate to see them go down in value. I read them, share them, put them in mylites and store them. Love this hobby and it grew into collecting these statues. As expected, I do have quite a few things on display with great pride--it's part of the hobby--so I appreciate the value of them going up. It adds to exclusivity of the piece as both a collector and as an investment--nothing wrong with that. While there might be older grail pieces that are hard to come by (like the xmen vs sentinel diorama 1), I would say the increase in value of piece reflects the growth and maturity of the hobby. Would one expect "Amazing Fantasy" 15 to stay the same value? No. Would one expect this trend to extend to their statue counterparts? Yes.

Yeah I understand. I guess I'm really just holding on to a fools dream of getting the best of both worlds. Because part of me wants value of the statues I buy for 400$ to go up after owning them. But at the same time, if me making money means sideshow charging more for new statues. I'd rather lose money on my 400$ statue, and keep the new statues at $400-$550 ya know?

Can I make a confession? I look at the pictures of Cap, Hulk and Thor at least once every 2 or 3 days. Haha

The aftermarket price has no effect on what SS sells their new pieces for. Even if aftermarket prices drop to where you could buy a PF for $10, SS would still be selling new statues for $400+

The reason prices go up on SS statues is because Material Costs go up, shipping goes up, hiring talent goes up, factories want more money, and CEO's who need bigger paychecks so they can afford to buy several more beach houses.

The aftermarket price has no effect on what SS sells their new pieces for. Even if aftermarket prices drop to where you could buy a PF for $10, SS would still be selling new statues for $400+

The reason prices go up on SS statues is because Material Costs go up, shipping goes up, hiring talent goes up, factories want more money, and CEO's who need bigger paychecks so they can afford to buy several more beach houses.

The product weights have been going down. Meaning shipping should be going down right. And I swear I've read that the mixes of materials they use has made the process cheaper?

But I agree that they will increase prices so they make more profit. But you can't deny that aftermarket prices might have sped up the price hikes or made them larger.

I actually disagree. The main thing that drives costs are the demand. Clearly business is booming and SSC knows collectors are willing to pay more every year. I'm willing to bet SSCs costs do force them to increase prices a little but not to the extent they are doing.

I actually disagree. The main thing that drives costs are the demand. Clearly business is booming and SSC knows collectors are willing to pay more every year. I'm willing to bet SSCs costs do force them to increase prices a little but not to the extent they are doing.

If Ebay didn't exist prices would still be going up, be it cost issues or just to make bigger profits, companies will always keep pushing the price point to see how much their core customer base will pay.

I think right now SS is getting close to a breaking point, I think their prices will start to move out of a lot of their core customers price range, and people who do have money are not going to pay $500-$600 for a PF unless the QC goes WAY UP.... And I don't see that happening with the way they mass produce statues, you can't make 9000+ statues and not have QC issues... Not unless it's all done by machines, as long as the statues are hand painted big Edition Sizes are always going to mean lots of QC issues.

If Ebay didn't exist prices would still be going up, be it cost issues or just to make bigger profits, companies will always keep pushing the price point to see how much their core customer base will pay.

I think right now SS is getting close to a breaking point, I think their prices will start to move out of a lot of their core customers price range, and people who do have money are not going to pay $500-$600 for a PF unless the QC goes WAY UP.... And I don't see that happening with the way they mass produce statues, you can't make 9000+ statues and not have QC issues... Not unless it's all done by machines, as long as the statues are hand painted big Edition Sizes are always going to mean lots of QC issues.

Agree with both you and Sarakawa. As awesome as these are, I look at a $400 statue on my shelf and still get the guilt that I paid $400 for it.

Also, really think collectors should be wary of supporting open ES pieces. You realize it removes all incentive for them to come out with a new version of anything, when once demand spikes they can just dust off the 'already paid for' piece, charge the new going rate (cough, dinosauria, cough cough) and meet the new demand.

I dont buy anything to sell, but if these things plummet in value, that guilt I have when looking over something I already feel I am paying too much for? Well, thats the day I can't justify indulging myself any longer.

Agree with both you and Sarakawa. As awesome as these are, I look at a $400 statue on my shelf and still get the guilt that I paid $400 for it.

Also, really think collectors should be wary of supporting open ES pieces. You realize it removes all incentive for them to come out with a new version of anything, when once demand spikes they can just dust off the 'already paid for' piece, charge the new going rate (cough, dinosauria, cough cough) and meet the new demand.

I dont buy anything to sell, but if these things plummet in value, that guilt I have when looking over something I already feel I am paying too much for? Well, thats the day I can't justify indulging myself any longer.

I'm inclined to agree. I am close to being phased out. They are sorta keeping me around because the PF's I really want have been right at the $400 pt so far. But if they start going over that with regular sized PFs...such as female PFs, I'm gonna cut back. Although I don't let ES dictate what I buy, it will factor in if I'm on the fence about a piece. Hopefully SSC doesn't go that route too often. So far, i've only bought one open ES piece which I still love so I don't regret buying it at all. I POed grey hulk so I'm in for at least one of these hulks!

Sometimes you just got to forget the money aspect, there will always be flippers looking to make money. At the end of the day I just want to have a piece of art that has some exclusivity to it as I enjoy having things that the whole world can't have or look at with the love I do. If I pay for an ex that I like and it makes no profit so be it, but if it does great. It's not a perfect world but let's keep some collectibility to it and have number on it to keep it special, at least the ex.

Personally I think flipping is dead. The market is choked out and feed out between eBay and PayPal. Last few items I have sold were all at losses. On top of that were a stingy lot. When selling everyone wants to only pay retail and they think there doing me a favor

Personally I think flipping is dead. The market is choked out and feed out between eBay and PayPal. Last few items I have sold were all at losses. On top of that were a stingy lot. When selling everyone wants to only pay retail and they think there doing me a favor

I think the items peeps are trying to sell plays a LARGE part in that. If an item is hot or in great demand...those pieces still sell for decent to great $$$ in the aftermarket. The problem is that we are usually selling pieces that aren't in great demand or we no longer want. Very few peeps want to sell off the pieces that will generate big $$$ in the aftermarket. We usually like keeping those in our collection.

Your intentions and thoughts are in the right place but it's just not practical. Wait till you have a room filled to the brim one day and cuts become inevitable. There could be a day SS releases a new Cap or Hulk that you absolutely love more then the one you already have. Not everyone selling portions of their collection intends to do so to make a profit but with rising cost and countless releases it's nice to make a little extra money to recycle back into the hobby. I don't have a problem with flippers. They've been around in this hobby longer then I have and that will never change. Besides with the increasing ES that have accompanied recent and future releases, prices will never get out of control like they have on the older SS grails. There's too much product out there now.

Yeah, I mean I can respect someone trying to get their money back. But I think it tarnishes hobbies to purchase something, wait for it to sell out, then sell it and make 100$. But I agree, flippers are here to stay. Past, present, and future.

Also, I completely agree. I don't doubt that one day there will be a better hulk or cap made. And I will want to upgrade. But I'm not purchasing those two pieces thinking "when another cap comes out, atleast I'll get my money back". I'm thinking if a better cap arrives, I'm prepared to sell this allied charge cap (at a loss if that's where the prices are) to get it. Luckily for most of us, there's enough flippers in the business to pretty much guarantee that you will atleast get your money back on any A-list/ popular character statue.

And what those second hand prices do is boost prices for new pieces. Because sideshow goes on ebay, sees what some of these sold out statues go for and they think "hmmm, more people want this, next time, we make it a bigger ES. Hmmmm look at these prices they are paying for the same statues we sell aftermarket! Let's bump the price up a bit!".

I look at my statues like a car.... If it's just a reg old car then the value might not go up. I don't expect it to go up. But sometimes you get lucky and buy a classic before it becomes a classic and then you hit the jack pot :)

Seriously though. There are very few things that I but that keep their value. I don't know why people expect these things to. When you get right down to it they are cheaper then say... A new Couch... But you are not going to sell that couch for the same price 10 years from now.

I look at my statues like a car.... If it's just a reg old car then the value might not go up. I don't expect it to go up. But sometimes you get lucky and buy a classic before it becomes a classic and then you hit the jack pot :)

Seriously though. There are very few things that I but that keep their value. I don't know why people expect these things to. When you get right down to it they are cheaper then say... A new Couch... But you are not going to sell that couch for the same price 10 years from now.

I endorse this statement! I expect to lose money on a statue when reselling. Wether it's an a list, b list or custom... I buy for look. No plan to sell my skaar hulk or cap. But I also understand something better might come, if it does, I'd be willing to sell the old one at a loss to get the new one. Just like you said with cars. The lotto winners or statues that gain value over time like the grains should be rare. The fact that people purchase these, and sell them a year later at a 100-200 dollar boost is going to raise the overall price of this hobby. First or second hand purchasing...

The product weights have been going down. Meaning shipping should be going down right. And I swear I've read that the mixes of materials they use has made the process cheaper?

But I agree that they will increase prices so they make more profit. But you can't deny that aftermarket prices might have sped up the price hikes or made them larger.

Are you kidding? Some of these boxes are bigger than mini refrigerators

Back