Statue Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see what you are saying... However I have to say when I first started collecting I gave no thought about selling these items again... that just ended up being a bonus. I also have yet to sell any SSC that I bought for 300.00 or more and taken any more then a 25.00 to 50.00 hit. Most of the time I break even or end up ahead.

More recently I have bought pieces before that I have thought to myself "Well if I don't love it, I can always sell it" and I have been able to do that. However with these larger edition sizes it may be harder... I have not come across that yet... I guess I would take a pretty big hit on my Hulk Maquette. But if that is the case then we as consumers will have to be a little more careful in what we buy and go for things that we really feel like we want and not just on a whim. After all that is how I chose my Big screen TV Shouldn't I at least be as careful with these statues?

I just hope I can break even in each purchases when it's time to part with the statue :wave

I just hope I can break even in each purchases when it's time to part with the statue :wave

And hats exactly how it should be. That's the highest I expect to make, is to break even. I understand that if 40 years from now they're worth more... Ok. But months after release? And people being Willy dilly with their money because deep down they know they will "atleast get their money back".

I mean, final word on this topic is it's always going to be this way. But it just sucks that it hurts those of us who collect out of pure desire to own the piece, and always own it/proudly display it.

Please no one take offense to this, I mean nothing by it. I just don't like it. But I do understand that they are called "collectibles" for a reason, and anytime something is collectible, it is worth money.

Idk, I didn't mean for this topic to turn into complaining like I'm doing. Just sucks to hear people expecting mad prices hikes again, because anything more will sadly price me out. I guess I'm just being a baby about it...

tumblr_mfu24ss8UD1qif8e9o1_500.jpg

And hats exactly how it should be. That's the highest I expect to make, is to break even. I understand that if 40 years from now they're worth more... Ok. But months after release? And people being Willy dilly with their money because deep down they know they will "atleast get their money back".

I mean, final word on this topic is it's always going to be this way. But it just sucks that it hurts those of us who collect out of pure desire to own the piece, and always own it/proudly display it.

Please no one take offense to this, I mean nothing by it. I just don't like it. But I do understand that they are called "collectibles" for a reason, and anytime something is collectible, it is worth money.

Idk, I didn't mean for this topic to turn into complaining like I'm doing. Just sucks to hear people expecting mad prices hikes again, because anything more will sadly price me out. I guess I'm just being a baby about it...

Can you please stop with the, I collect because I love them and never want them to leave my sight nonsense, unlike the rest of the dirtbags who are making it too expensive?!? Seriously, just about everyone buys this stuff for the same reason. Does it suck that I didn't get into this hobby 10 years earlier? Well no, because I would have been living on the street by now. Just buy what you like, if prices go over your comfort zone, move on. They will make more!

Can you please stop with the, I collect because I love them and never want them to leave my sight nonsense, unlike the rest of the dirtbags who are making it too expensive?!? Seriously, just about everyone buys this stuff for the same reason. Does it suck that I didn't get into this hobby 10 years earlier? Well no, because I would have been living on the street by now. Just buy what you like, if prices go over your comfort zone, move on. They will make more!

I understand everyone collects because they like the characters. Doesn't mean I can't complain about price hikes and why they are happening like everyone else here!!!! Hahaha :rotfl

I understand everyone collects because they like the characters. Doesn't mean I can't complain about price hikes and why they are happening like everyone else here!!!! Hahaha :rotfl

These are luxury items. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

These are luxury items. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

I am... That's why I'm hoping to finish my avengers display. Would be nice to be done with what I set out to do, then really buy sparingly for what I really really want.

I've give up about ten times over the last couple of years. Infact I quit now!

But there's the 1:4 MkIII & VII. Then the Doom PF could be pretty sweet...
Wonder what the next 1:5 or 1:4 Predator could be, or a LSF!!!
LSB, what could be next? Unmasked P2, Wolf with or without Bio...

That's what this hobby does to you :gah:

I've give up about ten times over the last couple of years. Infact I quit now!

But there's the 1:4 MkIII & VII. Then the Doom PF could be pretty sweet...
Wonder what the next 1:5 or 1:4 Predator could be, or a LSF!!!
LSB, what could be next? Unmasked P2, Wolf with or without Bio...

That's what this hobby does to you :gah:

Hahaha. Right! I make up stuff bad about some statues so I won't buy them. Haha

"That hulk is almost too green. Think I'll wait..." XD

Yeah price hikes suck, statues rock. We're f'd but we love these things all the same. Here's to collecting :duff

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

It's all about profit for me cos I'm greedy like that. Collecting is for emoticons that drink beer

The statue collecting world is not for the meek my friend :lecture

It'll eat you alive given half a chance! :Wizard

I can't wait to have my avengers display done. But in my mind, the team keeps growing. Haha

Cap, Hulk, Thor, Ironman, Spidey, Hawkeye, Widow (only at a ridiculously good price), scarlet which( because her and caps fling), vision, quicksilver...

Back