Palpatine 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, no, no, no...you will dieeeeeee:emperor

:lol:lol Sorry Sean but this one is looking like a pass to me at the moment.

The Iron Man bust looks perfect. There are a few things that really bug me about the Palpatine bust though. Mostly that for it to look great you have to have dark lighting.

I am not into the busts but I need to say, the Palpatine looks kind of lifeless... The Maul (minus the eye issue) was full of life.

:lol:lol Sorry Sean but this one is looking like a pass to me at the moment.

The Iron Man bust looks perfect. There are a few things that really bug me about the Palpatine bust though. Mostly that for it to look great you have to have dark lighting.

It's all good, I just felt like using a Palpatine quote in my time of enthusiasm.

Well he's here sitting beside me on my desk, and I will try get pictures before I leave work of him, if not I'll do it on lunch break tomorrow. Here are some thoughts.

Skin tone, much paler than I was anticipating, which is good, it's the same kinda pale pale yellow color you see Palpatine having in many of the ROTJ promotional images, and a nice mix of pink hues to give it some life instead of looking like prosthetic, even though that's what it is.

While the eyes are not pure red and yellow or even red and orange like Maul's, the gloss and overall look comes off as very alive and while they're not as Sithly in color, they look very psychotic like the final shots of him shocking Luke when he says "Now young Skywalker, you will die," and he makes a nast face as his lighting shoots out, the eyes totally capture that mad with power look they had in those shots, which is great because I loved that look.

Texture and sculpting really don't need much promotion from me, I think they speak well in the prototype and in hand shots, great work there.

McDiarmid likeness is fantastic and perfect if you as me, I totally feel like I'm in ROTJ when I look at it, it almost feels like he's turned to bark orders at someone, and I think not making him straight on posed like the others helps this pice, I was weary of the concept a bit but I'm sold, really like it here.

Being an owner of the Maul bust, I can say this one feels just as alive as Maul, maybe some of the in hand shots aren't selling that yet, but hopefully I can capture it in my photos because really, if you saw this thing in person you'd expect it to start talking.

It's a great bust, very happy with the overall execution of it, and as someone who really wanted to see him done in this product line, I am completely satisfied, Sideshow delivered everything I could want in a 1:1 Emperor bust. I'd rank the SSC Star Wars 1:1 busts as

1. Darth Maul / Emperor Palpatine
2. Yoda
3. Bossk
4. Greedo

Not counting Crumb because he's full 1:1 like R2 and 3PO.

Me too! I know once Maulfan starts posting photos it will likely look a lot better to me. I must resist this temptation... I have a collection plan I need to stick to. :lol

It's so hard with this lull in big statues to not go and get this (kinda what I did with Salacious) :eek:

1.jpg

This was all I was able to get on my way out tonight, more tomorrow.

wow !! sean that is just amazing !! dam man I want him now.

I wonder if SIDESHOW will do a VADER 1:1.
I will buy that for sure .

congratz sean on PALPATINE !!

Thanks as for Vader, unless things have changed, Sideshow can't do it, no matter how much they want to. When MR had the prop license, the stipulations of it meant Sideshow could not do any 1:1 pieces involving helmets and I assume a similar deal exists with EFX, so no Vader or Stormies or anything like that. At this point, there are 3 1:1 busts I'd like to see made and get; Grievous, whom we've been teased on and hopefully becomes a reality at SDCC, and an Ewan McGreggor and Alec Guinness Obi-Wan bust, 1 of each would be great, preferable ROTS for Ewan, but any would be fine. They said at one point they wouldn't do humans, but maybe that's changed, Palpatine is borderline, I used to fear he wouldn't be done because of that so this piece was a big surprise and a great satisfaction now that I have him.

I love how Sideshow got so detailed they even sculpted the wrinkles from the prosthetics being loose around his neck.

not posted once in this thread because I'm trying to not collect much star wars stuff on top of everything else. I can't help it though. I just want to congratulate everyone who got this beauty , truly a work of art. Congratulations Sean.

Which do you prefer between this and the maul bust MF ?.
(Sorry if its already been answered but I have seen the maul bust personally and I was blown away by it. If this is better I have to see one in person at least )

Back