Palpatine 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^i think its a toss up. i just ordered palpatine today so he should arrive next week hopefully. Maul is on my to do list. sometime next year i'd like to track one down.
~~the next star wars bust i want them to make is old Ben. there's already some great custom ones on the market, but i think SS can make the best one if they wanted to.

Which do you prefer between this and the maul bust MF ?.
(Sorry if its already been answered but I have seen the maul bust personally and I was blown away by it. If this is better I have to see one in person at least )

Quite honestly, it's a dead tie for me, they're equals. One thing I do like about Palpatine over Maul is the clothing; it was always a little dissappointing to me the way the hood on Maul has a little floppy part that is supposed to act like part of his robes instead of them being made and put on the piece plus the hood, the way the hood goes on Palpatine and hangs off the shoulders shows a much nicer construction. I judge the 1:1 busts by the ability of pose, expression and execution reflect the character because in the scale, you should feel like they're in the room with you and you're in the movie, which can't be done if you don't capture them right. Maul makes you feel like he's going to break out the double-bladed saber and woop your ass, and Palpatine has this power trip evil grin with a glare in his eyes like he owns you and you should just feel ^^^^ed :lol To me, that embodies Maul, and Palpatine embodies the raw evil and hate within him. The character in the movies is a combination of that and a calm, calculating man, but when I dreamt of them making a 1:1 bust of Palpatine, I always wanted it to represent the raw evil he could be and they delivered that, instead of going with something more static and reserved like the infamous Palpatine promo shot everyone's seen from Jedi, they gave him evil life and it's great.

Quite honestly, it's a dead tie for me, they're equals. One thing I do like about Palpatine over Maul is the clothing; it was always a little dissappointing to me the way the hood on Maul has a little floppy part that is supposed to act like part of his robes instead of them being made and put on the piece plus the hood, the way the hood goes on Palpatine and hangs off the shoulders shows a much nicer construction. I judge the 1:1 busts by the ability of pose, expression and execution reflect the character because in the scale, you should feel like they're in the room with you and you're in the movie, which can't be done if you don't capture them right. Maul makes you feel like he's going to break out the double-bladed saber and woop your ass, and Palpatine has this power trip evil grin with a glare in his eyes like he owns you and you should just feel ^^^^ed :lol To me, that embodies Maul, and Palpatine embodies the raw evil and hate within him. The character in the movies is a combination of that and a calm, calculating man, but when I dreamt of them making a 1:1 bust of Palpatine, I always wanted it to represent the raw evil he could be and they delivered that, instead of going with something more static and reserved like the infamous Palpatine promo shot everyone's seen from Jedi, they gave him evil life and it's great.

:rock:rock!!!!

Thanks as for Vader, unless things have changed, Sideshow can't do it, no matter how much they want to. When MR had the prop license, the stipulations of it meant Sideshow could not do any 1:1 pieces involving helmets and I assume a similar deal exists with EFX, so no Vader or Stormies or anything like that. At this point, there are 3 1:1 busts I'd like to see made and get; Grievous, whom we've been teased on and hopefully becomes a reality at SDCC, and an Ewan McGreggor and Alec Guinness Obi-Wan bust, 1 of each would be great, preferable ROTS for Ewan, but any would be fine. They said at one point they wouldn't do humans, but maybe that's changed, Palpatine is borderline, I used to fear he wouldn't be done because of that so this piece was a big surprise and a great satisfaction now that I have him.

I would imagine they'd be able to do an unmasked Vader though.

I also remember them saying they wouldn't do humans in this line because the aliens are much more interesting to look at. I would think that 1:1 busts of Han and old Ben would be very popular though. How could they not take advantage of that at some point?

I would imagine they'd be able to do an unmasked Vader though.

I also remember them saying they wouldn't do humans in this line because the aliens are much more interesting to look at. I would think that 1:1 busts of Han and old Ben would be very popular though. How could they not take advantage of that at some point?

Well, again I don't know the specifics on the MR contract and whether EFX has the same stipulations, but I think a bust featuring any part of Vader's helmet would be a no-no, sucky scenario for sure but can't blame MR for having the smarts to make themselves the only source for things.

As for people, artisticly humans are as intriguing or complex as aliens, but certainly some humans from SW would sell very well if done, I think an Old Ben could be the all time best seller of Star Wars 1:1 busts if the expression and everything were done right, I hope they do it some day. At the moment though, looks like Grievous will be the last of my dipping into the 1:1 pool. If they ever did a Padme I'd be on that like a fat kid on a cupcake, though future ladies in my life may have a problem with it haha.

:lol

Yes, I think a Padme 1:1 would sell very well indeed.

Old Ben would be a must have. It would be cool to have a 1:1 Han to go with the 1:1 Indy (that I'm hoping to see at SDCC). :whip

I'd be impressed with a 1:1 Han, but I don't enjoy the character enough to get a 1:1, between the size and the money. Kenobi, Jedi Luke and Padme are the only sure thing human 1:1 busts I'd get from Star Wars, possibly ROTS Anakin, depending on the style of his hair and everything, because of the wig, his hair is somewhat open to different styles and my preference would be like Andy did the hair for the 1/6 figure.

MaulFan, I am seating half a world away from you and waiting anxiously for your palpatine pics.
Please take the pics and show them to the world :)

Thanks

MaulFan, I am seating half a world away from you and waiting anxiously for your palpatine pics.
Please take the pics and show them to the world :)

Thanks
lol....
Coming within the hour, lunch time :)
great!!!! i just got my shipping notice from DSC.. next week is gonna be huge!!!! Yoda will get here on Tuesday and Palpatine will be here before Friday (whats with UPS not updating their info right away???)

OK, finally picture time.

First up, here's my little display area on my desk here at the office, the Phantom Menace overlooking his disciple.

2.jpg

And here, a true lighting shot, this is how it looks when I see it on my desk, true colors, everything.

3.jpg

I am still so torn on this one! In some photos I love it and in others I just don't dig it. :lol

I guess I will pass for now since I can't afford one anyway. Congrats though and nice pics Maulfan. :rock

Back