Premium Format Planet Hulk / Gladiator Hulk Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what's the point of having authorized resellers if you only give them less than a handful to sell, if you want all the profit to yourself via direct sales, then just get rid of the program. More ways to be lame...

Almost pulled the trigger three times today... Had it the basket and wimped out :)

Caving

I thought you had no interest in this Jaws? Probably better to wait and see what else is revealed at the con before deciding on such a pricy piece.

A little push... I didn't think you wanted it which led to the realization of "oh I so want it" ... And

No regrets.... Just madness and Anger...

If I had no other Hulks this piece would be mine.

As it is it's mine anyways cause

I just Ordered this *****es!!!!!!!

Did it while looking for the above photos.... Had it in the cart.. I knew just finding the photos and talking about them would be enough...

67.00 a month... Hell that isn't even a scratch...

Even though this is not WWH he still has the Worldbreaker personality and the story is just so great!

Figure If I can't find the room (which I probably can) I can switch out Hulk Maquette with PH every 6 months.

Getting some Bestas this weekend so I will shop with this guy in mind!!

Happy 4th of July

:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

CAVED!!!! And it absolutely the RIGHT call congrats m8

Good to hear I am not the only one who takes so much into consideration when deciding to spend so much cash on a collectable. Sounds like you did your due diligence on this one JAWS you'll defiantly be happy with your order. I'll see what the future brings at SDCC and make a well thought out decision then. I agree about the flex pay. I didn't do it with my first two orders since I got in this hobby but I think it will be the way I go from here on out.

I think it all through myself, but it was a faster process

Ya know. Being a PF without the Legacy name attached to it and being only 50.00 less then the maquette... Perhaps there is a chance this guy will be a bit more solid then the Avengers Hulk...

Just saying, for those of you who have eggshell phobia.

I want it to have some weight but I don't care that much. I just can't wait to see this in person

It is light because it is made of fiberglass which actually makes it stronger than polystone. I know PCS have said that a lot of detail is lost with polystone. Considering how much detail there is in rhino's skin (subtle wrinkles and folds) it may be that fiberglass better preserved the intended detail.

I don't believe that for a minute Snad. The Hulk Maquette was produced in the same manner and had none of the detail in it's body that the Rhino Com had. They were constructed that way to skimp on materials and generate a larger profit for SSC. IMHO it had nothing to do with shipping costs or detail of sculpts but everything to do with SSCs bottom line. I'm with Bodie, no way characters like Hulk or Rhino should ever weigh 20 lbs.The Hulk Com at 1/5 scale weighs 30 lbs and is constructed with fiberglass and is mainly hollow as well yet feels like a real statue when you pick it up. I hope they put as much effort and materials into making the gladiator Hulk as they did Skaar or the Hulk Com. For $600 they should.

Hulk is fiberglass? Thought it was a thinly cast polystone?

I don't own it but if the Hulk maquettes were made of thin polystone then a bunch of them would've arrived shattered in shipping. No way a pure thin polystone cast can be used. It wouldn't hold up and would break very easily. Fiberglass has been used by SSC well before Rhino. The Hulk Com and Maquette as well as many busts all are made using the same process. The difference is that the Hulk Com weighs 10 lbs more and feels like a statue when you pick it up. Also, don't forget that the Com is smaller in scale and weighs more than the Maquette and the Rhino Com. Why is that?

I don't own it but if the Hulk maquettes were made of thin polystone then a bunch of them would've arrived shattered in shipping. No way a pure thin polystone cast can be used. It wouldn't hold up and would break very easily. Fiberglass has been used by SSC well before Rhino. The Hulk Com and Maquette as well as many busts all are made using the same process. The difference is that the Hulk Com weighs 10 lbs more and feels like a statue when you pick it up. Also, don't forget that the Com is smaller in scale and weighs more than the Maquette and the Rhino Com. Why is that?

Because the walls of the cast are thicker?
Ah well, poly, fiberglass, who cares? Awesomeness is all I see :yess:

Because the walls of the cast are thicker?
Ah well, poly, fiberglass, who cares? Awesomeness is all I see :yess:

Unfortunately, that's not what some peeps see when they look at their Rhino Coms. And yes, thicker is better. It is also more expensive to make. Hopefully the $600 price tag on this piece translates into a well constructed statue. This will be hollow. Of that I have no doubt. I just hope everyone that orders it gets a quality piece. For $600, they should.

Unfortunately, that's not what some peeps see when they look at their Rhino Coms. And yes, thicker is better. It is also more expensive to make. Hopefully the $600 price tag on this piece translates into a well constructed statue. This will be hollow. Of that I have no doubt. I just hope everyone that orders it gets a quality piece. For $600, they should.

If I don't get a piece that deserving of the $600 I spent, e.g...what I did with the cheaply made Rhino. I have no problem sending it back to SSC for a full refund. It has gotten a lot easier these days to send statues back. I remember the days that it was tough to make a return.

The Comiquette also has Polystone. It's fiberglass is used in its core in order to give it strength in its position or it would break under its tension. Fiberglass is actually a better material in the end. Whether it is cheaper or not, I do not know. Maybe someone has some factual data on that.

Yes agreed, that would be even better.

Also do we really need to have the same discussion on weight in every release? You guys plan to use those statues as a weapon or something?

1) weight makes no difference how the statue is displayed. I have both hulk and rhino and they both look stunning. It will look the same if it weighted 100 lbs.

2) heavy weight adds more stress to the shelves especially when you have many on 1 shelf.

3) heavy weight cost more to ship.

4) heavy weight does not make a statue more durable unless you plan to smash someone over the head with it. There are min breakage issues on hulk and many much heavier statues like arthas are cracking in half..

There is no benefit to have a solid heavy statue. I have no problem with sideshow making the statue light and actually preferred.

If weight was so much better, why did we not make rocket ships using Iron rather than the lighter, thinner and more durable Titanium?

I mean if I want to rocket my Rhino in space like the garden gnome in Half-Life 2 EP2, then it should be made of lighter materials for that long *** transport... no? I digress.

I agree 100% weight shouldn't be an issue. I was all about things not weighing enough until I received my Hulk Maquette. It really is about the quality of the detail, not the weight. My shelves hold 75 pounds so I don't want a 75 pound Hulk using up space on a shelf that I can fit three PFs on.

If weight was so much better, why did we not make rocket ships using Iron rather than the lighter, thinner and more durable Titanium?

I mean if I want to rocket my Rhino in space like the garden gnome in Half-Life 2 EP2, then it should be made of lighter materials for that long *** transport... no? I digress.

ok im sold. make em light.. eyeroll

Don't you know people like to carry these statues around with them when they go out? I use mine to keep doors open too.

I do prefer the heavier sideshow pieces for working out with , these new eggshell casts just don't make me feel the burn:rotfl

Back