Premium Format Planet Hulk / Gladiator Hulk Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes agreed, that would be even better.

Also do we really need to have the same discussion on weight in every release? You guys plan to use those statues as a weapon or something?

1) weight makes no difference how the statue is displayed. I have both hulk and rhino and they both look stunning. It will look the same if it weighted 100 lbs.

2) heavy weight adds more stress to the shelves especially when you have many on 1 shelf.

3) heavy weight cost more to ship.

4) heavy weight does not make a statue more durable unless you plan to smash someone over the head with it. There are min breakage issues on hulk and many much heavier statues like arthas are cracking in half..

There is no benefit to have a solid heavy statue. I have no problem with sideshow making the statue light and actually preferred.

While the products end weight means little to me I'd prefer a statue that is well put together considering its less likely to be damaged in shipment. As far as the shipping cost they've been using DIM lately any way, which basically translates into you paying for the weight the box demesions hold, so you're screwed either way.

Don't you know people like to carry these statues around with them when they go out? I use mine to keep doors open too.

I do prefer the heavier sideshow pieces for working out with , these new eggshell casts just don't make me feel the burn:rotfl

That's some good stuff there!:lol

Don't you know people like to carry these statues around with them when they go out? I use mine to keep doors open too.

I do prefer the heavier sideshow pieces for working out with , these new eggshell casts just don't make me feel the burn:rotfl

deadlift?:dance

I had issues when SS halved the weight specs on the Maquette but now I see there is more advantages to a lighter piece as long as it looks good...
They are designed to look good after all.

Also do we really need to have the same discussion on weight in every release? You guys plan to use those statues as a weapon or something?

1) weight makes no difference how the statue is displayed. I have both hulk and rhino and they both look stunning. It will look the same if it weighted 100 lbs.

2) heavy weight adds more stress to the shelves especially when you have many on 1 shelf.

4) heavy weight does not make a statue more durable unless you plan to smash someone over the head with it. There are min breakage issues on hulk and many much heavier statues like arthas are cracking in half..

There is no benefit to have a solid heavy statue. I have no problem with sideshow making the statue light and actually preferred.

Yep, that's the way I feel as well. Weight is overrated. That Rhino is probably 10x more durable than the Hulk PF but since it weighs 1/2 as much everyone thinks its junk... oh well.

I had issues when SS halved the weight specs on the Maquette but now I see there is more advantages to a lighter piece as long as it looks good...
They are designed to look good after all.

Not sure about that, skimping on materials really showed with rhino... He had cracks all over, air holes.. The cracks were not skin folds either..

I get the want for hefty statues specially big guys like hulk and rhino, but i must agree with the post above, it has many benefits if its lighter to me majorly when it comes to displaying them it could be nice to not just bottom shelf them all the time(I have mainly glass shelves) now on the price subject it doesnt seem to be helping us the costumers, hulk MQ is twice as much as the old pf hulk and rhino cost more too.

The eggshell I kind of like now, as for rhino details are great, it's not too heavy to display, the main thing I hated was rhinos base. Now that looked like a piece of play dough. The paint was thick and cheap looking on that statue. Otherwise light weight I don't mind. Too bad the saving don't get passed to the buyers.

Geez...this hollow argument is getting old.

The Hulk maq is an amazing piece, hollow or not. It looks freaking great.

The Rhino looks great, too. I know it had problems with cracks, but who is to say that a solid pice wouldn't crack the same way? I think that the problem is most likely due to the skin folds...the folds would likely act similar to a crack control joint in a concrete slab (i.e. inducing cracks to occur at those locations).

This Gladiator Hulk will be hollow, but it will still weigh a ton because of that shield. The shield will be solid, and will be heavy. This piece is going to look great.

The Comiquette also has Polystone. It's fiberglass is used in its core in order to give it strength in its position or it would break under its tension. Fiberglass is actually a better material in the end. Whether it is cheaper or not, I do not know. Maybe someone has some factual data on that.

I full well know that the days of solid statues are over. Cost wise it just won't work for SSC as a business. I accept that. What I'm hoping for is a middle ground between cheap (statues that arrive with cracks) and solid. The Hulk Com and Skaar PF are a fine example of statues that have a quality feel to them but are not solid. That's the kind of quality I'm hoping for in future SSC releases. Especially when prices are reaching $400 a pop for statues and in this case is hitting $600. Believe it or not, I'm not asking for 60 lbs statues. However, I'm also not looking for 20 lbs pieces with cracking issues either. SSC has already shown they can make quality statues of large sized characters that are not solid. We just need to see more of that.

I full well know that the days of solid statues are over. Cost wise it just won't work for SSC as a business. I accept that. What I'm hoping for is a middle ground between cheap (statues that arrive with cracks) and solid. The Hulk Com and Skaar PF are a fine example of statues that have a quality feel to them but are not solid. That's the kind of quality I'm hoping for in future SSC releases. Especially when prices are reaching $400 a pop for statues and in this case is hitting $600. Believe it or not, I'm not asking for 60 lbs statues. However, I'm also not looking for 20 lbs pieces with cracking issues either. SSC has already shown they can make quality statues of large sized characters that are not solid. We just need to see more of that.
:exactly:
:goodpost:

Geez...this hollow argument is getting old.

The Hulk maq is an amazing piece, hollow or not. It looks freaking great.

The Rhino looks great, too. I know it had problems with cracks, but who is to say that a solid pice wouldn't crack the same way? I think that the problem is most likely due to the skin folds...the folds would likely act similar to a crack control joint in a concrete slab (i.e. inducing cracks to occur at those locations).

This Gladiator Hulk will be hollow, but it will still weigh a ton because of that shield. The shield will be solid, and will be heavy. This piece is going to look great.

After the first sentence you are completely :slap

While the products end weight means little to me I'd prefer a statue that is well put together considering its less likely to be damaged in shipment. As far as the shipping cost they've been using DIM lately any way, which basically translates into you paying for the weight the box demesions hold, so you're screwed either way.

Believe it or not heavy solid statues are actually more easily damaged during shipping because 1) most shipper will just drop them instead of putting it down as they weigh so much 2) when a heavy statue moves within the styrofoam during shipping it will cause much more strain on the structure or anything that supports it like an extended arm etc It's no different than why hot toy dolls rarely get damaged during shipping.

I am all for quality, but Hulk maquette did not feel less quality because it weighs less people keep saying that without any reason. Rhino everyone have their opinion I personally have no issues and think those tiny "crack" are just part of the skin. But the bottom line is lighter statues do not degrade quality, if it did I will be the first in line opposing it.

People with weight issue shouldn't buy it. Its their money and I can care less.

I just hope I get quality on mine like good details, paint, etc.

Back