Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same one, and it plays PsOne games...now, i have only tried the original Silent Hill, but it worked without issue (from what I could see)

Question for all of you: I am using a pretty generic HDMI cord with my PS3....will 'brand name' versions or more expensive ones actually improve on picture, or are they all about the same?

You got the MGS4 80GB Bundle and PS1 games work?

You got the MGS4 80GB Bundle and PS1 games work?

I do have that one - bought it the day it hit with the MGS4 game (I was holding out until they came with Rumble controllers), and while I have only tried Silent Hill, it is a PSone game and it works without issue...

Last edited:
I have the same one, and it plays PsOne games...now, i have only tried the original Silent Hill, but it worked without issue (from what I could see)

Question for all of you: I am using a pretty generic HDMI cord with my PS3....will 'brand name' versions or more expensive ones actually improve on picture, or are they all about the same?

Hmmm... I have the same one, I'll have to find MGS and try it out!!!!

Na, most HDMI cables are all the same. That's how they get you at the B&M stores. They charge out the ass for cables & accessories!!!! I get most of my stuff from partsexpress.com. Cheaper than a lot and still good stuff.

Hmmm... I have the same one, I'll have to find MGS and try it out!!!!

Na, most HDMI cables are all the same. That's how they get you at the B&M stores. They charge out the ass for cables & accessories!!!! I get most of my stuff from partsexpress.com. Cheaper than a lot and still good stuff.

Thanks for the link! I figured that the cable themselves are all about equal....good to know for sure.....!

I will likely be getting a new HDTV and a PS3 this weekend. I will mostly be using it for Blu-Ray but I will play some games on it too. I'm interested in the Uncharted: Drake's Fortune game, so I was thinking about going with the 160gb model. I'm not sure if I will really need that much hard disk space though. How much space does the average game save use up?

Game saves are tiny. Game installs are pretty sizable though. We're talking 50-ish MB to 10 GB. They can also take 20 some minutes to install :monkey4

I think I'm going to upgrade my HD this weekend. Mine's only 40 GB and I'm out of space. :monkey2:monkey2

I need space for more Singstar songs! :rock

Are there many games that require an install the first time you play them? I know Devil May Cry 4 does...

I'd have to check. I'm pretty sure all of my 2008 games had installs, but I could be wrong. The only two that really stick out are DMC4 and GTAIV which were obnoxiously long.

Mercenaries 2 and Bioshock both took a while to install as well...with Merc. 2 being one of the longest of all the games that I have.

I think my PS3 just bit the dust it will not read any game or blu ray discs.

That sucks man. You may try calling Sony's product support to see if they can walk you through anything that might fix the problem. Its a long shot, but it could save you money in the end, so its worth it to at least try.

I'm on my second one myself. I had an extended warranty through Wal-Mart with my first one and after attempting to fix it at their repair center (Professional Satellite Repair) they finally refunded me my $600 that I initially bought my 60 Gig with. I had already bought a 80 gig before I got the refund...so I ended up buying a Wii and lots of accessories with the refund money.

That sucks man. You may try calling Sony's product support to see if they can walk you through anything that might fix the problem. Its a long shot, but it could save you money in the end, so its worth it to at least try.

I'm on my second one myself. I had an extended warranty through Wal-Mart with my first one and after attempting to fix it at their repair center (Professional Satellite Repair) they finally refunded me my $600 that I initially bought my 60 Gig with. I had already bought a 80 gig before I got the refund...so I ended up buying a Wii and lots of accessories with the refund money.

Yeah I might try that tomorrow I just started filling out the repair form and its gonna cost $149 to repair it. Just my luck the thing was just a little over a year old and out of their warranty.

Ah, that sucks man. Sorry to hear about it being just out of warranty. Hopefully they can help you out tomorrow.

I've read about plenty of people in the UK getting offer a refurbished 60GB model or a new 80GB model when their console broke down

Back