Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think my PS3 just bit the dust it will not read any game or blu ray discs.

Mine just took a shat on me too, it blinks green then amber (yellow) and then red blinking. Won't do sh_t. So I called Sony and they said it would be $150 to fix it. It sucks, I have the awesome 60 gig PS2 compatible one too.

Mine just took a shat on me too, it blinks green then amber (yellow) and then red blinking. Won't do sh_t. So I called Sony and they said it would be $150 to fix it. It sucks, I have the awesome 60 gig PS2 compatible one too.

Sounds like you got what they call the Yellow Light Of Death and come to find out I have a dead blu ray drive. After a visit to the PS3 forums it looks like both are a common problem that are just now affecting the PS3's and in my opinion Sony should eat the repair cost.

LE Japanese console ..looks niiiice!

183.jpg

I played the demo for Heavenly Sword, and it was alright. But, in my opinion, the game seemed to have borrowed combo moves a bit too liberally from God of War. Don't even get me started with the main character's chain blade, which looks exactly (and I mean EXACTLY), like the chain blades that belong to Kratos. If Heavenly Sword's dev. team was trying to create a female version of Kratos, they did a pretty danged good job :rotfl.

Now, as for God of War, that game is top on my list for upcoming PS3 releases in 2009!!

Possible next GTA coming in by the end of 2009!!

Rumor: Rockstar ready to release next GTA by end of 09

Posted on January 14th, 2009 at 11:02 EDT

According to Loose Talk in the latest Game Informer, RockStar North is already working on the next instalment in the Grand Theft Auto franchise, which should be ready for release this holiday season.

"We're not talking about new DLC or a collection of previously available DLC, we're talking about a full retail game. We expect this title to follow the suit of previous GTAs and use a subtitle such as GTA: San Andreas, etc. Tokyo might be a possible setting for the game, but details are non-existent at this time." - Game Informer Issue 190

gta_v.jpg

It wouldn't be surprising for RockStar to release the next GTA this soon – as you may recall, Vice City hit the shops only a year after Grand Theft Auto III was released for PlayStation 2.

Stay tuned for more details as they break.

I could fap to a Tokyo GTA!!!!

So, did anyone else's PS3 die a horrible death not long after the last system update was applied?:mad:
I know Kain's did as well.:(

And of course, it was 2 weeks out of warranty. $150 down the drain.
:banghead

So, did anyone else's PS3 die a horrible death not long after the last system update was applied?:mad:

when did you update your ps3 and what happened to it, its been a while since i've updated my ps3(2 or 3 weeks more or less).

The bad thing is Havyck when you get your system back and put your info back on it you have to do the latest update.:banghead

I usually don't believe that updates can kill a system but I regularly visit the official PS3 forum looking for a solution to my NAT problem and before this update you hardly ever saw anyone say that their PS3 system was broken other than the occasional overheating and now the site has people like us with the busted disc drive and others with the YLOD just after this last firmware update.

when did you update your ps3 and what happened to it, its been a while since i've updated my ps3(2 or 3 weeks more or less).

I also updated it about 2 weeks ago. Then a week later, I watched Wanted with no problem. The next day, tried watching Prince Caspian and in the middle it just froze up.

I took the disc out to make sure it wasn't scratched or dirty (it wasn't) and put it back in. After that point it no longer recognized there was a disc in the drive. Tried other BRDs, CD's and games. Nada.

I am not 100% certain it was the update, but the timing seems a little suspect.

I also updated it about 2 weeks ago. Then a week later, I watched Wanted with no problem. The next day, tried watching Prince Caspian and in the middle it just froze up.

I took the disc out to make sure it wasn't scratched or dirty (it wasn't) and put it back in. After that point it no longer recognized there was a disc in the drive. Tried other BRDs, CD's and games. Nada.

I am not 100% certain it was the update, but the timing seems a little suspect.

oh that sucks man, i thought it was a recent update, i've been playing for the last week and just yesterday i watched POTA on bluray and so far no problems.......the good thing is my ps3 is still under warranty from gamestop if anything should happen.

Back