Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have better solutions, by all means, I could use the advice...you know, just in case. :lol

Unfortunately, I don't. Just trying to add all the facts I know. :peace

I still have the original drive from my old fat, and a couple different backup disks of the fat and slim. I'm gonna try to figure a way to crack them and open up a way to transfer files, but I've been too busy lately. :monkey2

FINALLY got into a PS3.

Just picked up a PS3 120G "slim". It's a Christmas gift for my son and a Blu-Ray player for me... :D

So it won't be set up until December 25th.

I picked up Gran Tourismo 5 and Call of Duty 3 as well.

Can anyone recommend any FPS's that are light on the profanity? Seems like most FPS's today are dropping the "F-bomb" constantly...

Thanks for the help!

I would hazard a guess at both Resistance: Fall Of Mans being OK swear wise. Pretty sure the first one is OK, if my memory serves me well.

I got the Yellow Light of death today,really sucks as i bought Uncharted 2 today and was really looking forward to play it.

anyone know how Sony handles this?

I have had it...twice. SONY's answer is to pay them 150 dollas to them to fix it. But if you are under warranty or have a warranty then you should be fine. Good luck man, I bought mine March of 2007 and miss it. It's been repaired but I am throwing it up on eBay and sell it. I bought a SLIM and love it cause it works.

I have had it...twice. SONY's answer is to pay them 150 dollas to them to fix it. But if you are under warranty or have a warranty then you should be fine. Good luck man, I bought mine March of 2007 and miss it. It's been repaired but I am throwing it up on eBay and sell it. I bought a SLIM and love it cause it works.

Yeah my PS3 60Gb is packed and ready to go to Sony,on tuesday i bought Slim but will return it as i am not happy with it at all,makes an annoying noise i can`t live with.

Will Sony erase the data on your hdd?I hate to loose my saves and you can`t use it on other consoles without formatting it or hook it up to your computer as it doesn`t recognize the hdd,i tried yesterday on a 60GB PS3 that belongs to a friend of mine,yep i had to format the hdd before using it on his PS3.

Will Sony erase the data on your hdd?

You don't get your hard drive back, you get a different machine altogether. It will be wiped and at factory default settings. You're going to need to get a thumb drive or external usb formatted to FAT32 and use the PS3's built in backup utility if you want to keep your saves.

You don't get your hard drive back, you get a different machine altogether. It will be wiped and at factory default settings. You're going to need to get a thumb drive or external usb formatted to FAT32 and use the PS3's built in backup utility if you want to keep your saves.

:lecture Yup. If you're gonna do that I'd recommend just backing it up, buying a larger hard drive, and when the replacement system arrives I'd swap the larger drive in and restore all your old saves/data.

Yeah sucks and i can`t do that now as my PS3 is completely dead,only way would be hooking it up to something else but that doesn`t work so:(

^^^^ty by Sony imo,i have to start all over again with games i always fall back on.

FINALLY got into a PS3.

Just picked up a PS3 120G "slim". It's a Christmas gift for my son and a Blu-Ray player for me... :D

So it won't be set up until December 25th.

I picked up Gran Tourismo 5 and Call of Duty 3 as well.

Can anyone recommend any FPS's that are light on the profanity? Seems like most FPS's today are dropping the "F-bomb" constantly...

Thanks for the help!

Killzone 2. LOL. The best FPS on the PS3, as well as COD4 and W@W.

Just to be clear, Starkiller is making a joke. Killzone 2 is NOT free of profanity, by any means.

This is one of the reasons I have not bought this game at the moment, all the reviews I have seen have mentioned the strong language content with no options to turn it off, and with little ones that may be in earshot I didn't want to risk it.

Having said that, I do intend on picking this up when they start school next year. lol

This is one of the reasons I have not bought this game at the moment, all the reviews I have seen have mentioned the strong language content with no options to turn it off, and with little ones that may be in earshot I didn't want to risk it.

Having said that, I do intend on picking this up when they start school next year. lol

No doubt, just plug headphones into your tv.

Looking forward to 2010 for the PS3 to finally hit its stride. They've got some really anticipated exclusives hitting:

God of War 3
The Last Guardian
Heavy Rain
Gran Turismo 5

With how multiplatform orientated this software generation has been, that list is pretty solid. This has been by far the worst console generation to own all 3 systems.

Back