Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With GT5 right around the corner I am in the market for an hd upgrade for my PS3 and I know alot of you have upgraded and would like your opinions on which one to get.

I am currently looking at this one from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Scorpio-Drive-WD5000BEVT/dp/B001JSSDGU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1283606922&sr=8-1

that's pretty much the latest version of the one I have in my PS3 and MBP. Except that I paid $150 for each 2 years ago. :(

so my 40g PS3 just blew up on me. Flashing red lights. 129 to send it back in. I'm just gonna wait until the PS3 move bundle comes out on the 17th for $399. Is anybody else gonna get the move???

so my 40g PS3 just blew up on me. Flashing red lights. 129 to send it back in. I'm just gonna wait until the PS3 move bundle comes out on the 17th for $399. Is anybody else gonna get the move???

No I have no intention on getting that crap or Kinect. I hate sounding like an extreme hater, but I don't think these things are going to sell like Sony and Microsoft are banking on.

No I have no intention on getting that crap or Kinect. I hate sounding like an extreme hater, but I don't think these things are going to sell like Sony and Microsoft are banking on.

I totally hear ya man. Im the same way, like dont get me wrong if people are in to the kinect and move than thats cool to each there own, but everything I seen for the kinect and move was rather less
than impressive in my opinion. I'll continue to go old school and use a regular controller for my games.

Yeah I just want my Dualshock 3. Nintendo already owns this corner of the market, and if they drop the Wii price they're just furthering the price gap on the 360 and PS3. I haven't bothered looking at any of the Move or Kinect bundle prices, but I doubt they will hang if Nintendo drops the Wii down to $100 or even $150.

I'm not that in to motion control stuff either but I figured since it was a 320 gig hard drive and only $100 more I might as well get it. Since I need a new one anyways.

Yeah in that case I guess its a win win situation exoticlex. Get your system and do what you will with the "move" stuff.

I'm not that in to motion control stuff either but I figured since it was a 320 gig hard drive and only $100 more I might as well get it. Since I need a new one anyways.

Ok. Definitely agree with that train of reasoning. For just a bit more you get all that stuff in the bundle. My main gripe is for the people that already have a PS3...I don't see how they can justify the price for people to buy just the Move gear. I'm afraid my 60gb is on it's last legs so I've been looking to get a slim come Xmas when the crazy deals are about. I'm hoping Amazon will knock my socks off with an awesome bundle package.

I'm afraid my 60gb is on it's last legs so I've been looking to get a slim come Xmas when the crazy deals are about. I'm hoping Amazon will knock my socks off with an awesome bundle package.

That's what I'm hoping for. My 60 gig went kaput in May, and I haven't gamed since. Miss gaming a little, but it's surprising how much reading and catching up on TV shows and movies I've done since then. Besides saving on sales tax through Amazon, they have great deals from time to time. I believe they gave a $150 giftcard with the purchase of a PS3 console sometime last year.

Cool, not that I have got the glasses yet but its nice to know that my PS3 will be ready when I am ready to spend the money.

You gonna get a 3D tv?? I doubt I'm going to jump on one. I'm happy with the regular stuff. I just wish I had the extra $$ for Black Friday deals. I'd love to get a new 55" 1080p LED tv.

Is TGS this weekend? Maybe we'll get some announcements or in-depth detail on the 3D playback?

3DTVs, meh.

They're moving towards producing 3DTVs that don't require glasses so I wouldn't throw my money out just yet. Well, I wouldn't even when it advances but I'm just throwing that out there for you guys.

Back