Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks for MS. I'm sure the next system will have it enabled though.

:lecture :lecture It's only time before Nintendo ramps up their controller software/hardware and gets it on par with whatever Sony has.

Yea, but no matter what it does they will all have the same control (some more successful than others) but the PS3 move and 360 Kinect also have HD graphics to go along with it. All Nintendo has is it's 1st party games. That's the only reason I own a wii, was to play Mario, Metroid, and others with the new control scheme.

Dead Space Extraction is coming to the PS3 with Dead Space 2. You will start to see a lot of developers jump ship onto the PS3 from the wii. Their games will sell much better, and with HD graphics and superior online support, and a better control scheme...it's a no brainer.

You will start to see a lot of developers jump ship onto the PS3 from the wii. Their games will sell much better, and with HD graphics and superior online support, and a better control scheme...it's a no brainer.

I'm not sure it's a "no brainer". It might be to us, but to Joe Consumer or Joe Parent, it might not be so cut and dry. The Wii has the install base, so that's where the majority of developers will focus attention for motion control.

Although, I'm starting to think Sony wasn't so crazy when they said the PS3 was a "10 year" system. Sony and Microsoft can sit pretty with their current systems (with Move and Kinect, of course) while Nintendo is going to need more horsepower sooner rather than later.

The more time that passes, the more I'm convinced that Nintendo should pull a Sega.
Sure the Wii was a monster seller but I'd be willing to bet that Nintendo would/could make MORE money by making cross platform games.
I'd LOVE to play a legend of Zelda game on my PS3

I'm not sure it's a "no brainer". It might be to us, but to Joe Consumer or Joe Parent, it might not be so cut and dry. The Wii has the install base, so that's where the majority of developers will focus attention for motion control.

Although, I'm starting to think Sony wasn't so crazy when they said the PS3 was a "10 year" system. Sony and Microsoft can sit pretty with their current systems (with Move and Kinect, of course) while Nintendo is going to need more horsepower sooner rather than later.

The install base is mainly children and clueless adults. The wii has a large install base because:

A: It's Cheap
B: It's the "fun" system the only one that had motion control.
C. Kids and non-gamers alike picked it up.

Now take all the third party games on the wii, like Red Steel 2, Dead Space Extraction, The Conduit, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, all didn't sell well.

Now developers planning on making these teen and mature rated shooters now will jump ship to the PS3 and 360, and put out better games that will sell well, and fair much better than if they had been released on the wii.

If they don't catch up its going to drown like the GameCube did without hardly any third party support and with mostly children's games. Anything without a cute japanese monster and cartoon characters will most likely be moved to another system.

Sony and Microsoft can sit pretty with their current systems (with Move and Kinect, of course) while Nintendo is going to need more horsepower sooner rather than later.

Definitely. Nintendo needs a $50 price drop, and then it's not much to think about for average gamers. $150 for a Wii, or $400 for a PS3 and Move? I'd be surprised if Nintendo isn't or haven't begun working on a new machine. Many people said Nintendo would launch the Wii for the casual gamers, then another machine a couple years later that would cater more for the rest of us.

The more time that passes, the more I'm convinced that Nintendo should pull a Sega.
Sure the Wii was a monster seller but I'd be willing to bet that Nintendo would/could make MORE money by making cross platform games.
I'd LOVE to play a legend of Zelda game on my PS3

Doing that would kill a majority of Nintendo's sales. Hardcore Nintendo fans buy their consoles just to play Metroid/ Zelda games. Buy going multiplatform Nintendo would no longer have those guaranteed sales.

The install base is mainly children and clueless adults. The wii has a large install base because:

A: It's Cheap
B: It's the "fun" system the only one that had motion control.
C. Kids and non-gamers alike picked it up.

Now take all the third party games on the wii, like Red Steel 2, Dead Space Extraction, The Conduit, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, all didn't sell well.

Now developers planning on making these teen and mature rated shooters now will jump ship to the PS3 and 360, and put out better games that will sell well, and fair much better than if they had been released on the wii.

If they don't catch up its going to drown like the GameCube did without hardly any third party support and with mostly children's games. Anything without a cute japanese monster and cartoon characters will most likely be moved to another system.

Not to mention a lot of families wont buy 360s or PS3 but will get Wii since it would allow their kids to still be active.

Not to mention a lot of families wont buy 360s or PS3 but will get Wii since it would allow their kids to still be active.

Perhaps, but gaming households with parents who game that already own a PS3 or 360 and a wii, no longer have the same incentive to buy wii games. Or perhaps they don't have a wii, now they don't need one. If you own a Ps3 or 360, there is no reason to really own the wii anymore, they have just as many kid friendly games and now, motion controls.

But I mean who doesn't have a wii already? They won't feel it so much in hardware sales, as much as drops in software sales. Which I think they will take a pretty considerable blow within the next year.

I thought about buying a Wii at one point...then realized to me it wasnt worth it. I like Zelda, but not enough to buy a Wii...dont care much for Mario even though Mario Galaxy was awesome still not worth the purchase of the console and Metroid...while yes its cool I dont care about it. I never cared for there motion controls either. Just not into that stuff. So basically for me its a pass no matter what Nintendo does from here on out. I learned my lesson after the Gamecube, had a few games traded it in and never looked back.

I thought about buying a Wii at one point...then realized to me it wasnt worth it. I like Zelda, but not enough to buy a Wii...dont care much for Mario even though Mario Galaxy was awesome still not worth the purchase of the console and Metroid...while yes its cool I dont care about it. I never cared for there motion controls either. Just not into that stuff. So basically for me its a pass no matter what Nintendo does from here on out. I learned my lesson after the Gamecube, had a few games traded it in and never looked back.

How do you survive with metroid and zelda? Plus all the cool wiiware titles and the virtual console totally worth it. Gamecube had a bunch of solid games too.

I can't speak for the taste of other folks, but I've always believed that if a console has a handful (8-10 or thereabouts) of great games I enjoyed or could probably enjoy, then that console is worth the cost of investment.

This applies to both the Wii and PS3 and most other legitimate consoles since the beginning of video games. If anybody says that they can't find 10 games that they could enjoy on any console, then they better own a Virtual Boy or N-Gage because otherwise I call bullcrap. Narrow minds should look harder.

I can't speak for the taste of other folks, but I've always believed that if a console has a handful (8-10 or thereabouts) of great games I enjoyed or could probably enjoy, then that console is worth the cost of investment.

This applies to both the Wii and PS3 and most other legitimate consoles since the beginning of video games. If anybody says that they can't find 10 games that they could enjoy on any console, then they better own a Virtual Boy or N-Gage because otherwise I call bullcrap. Narrow minds should look harder.

I fell the same way. Every console has those games that you associate with it, those cream of the crop whether they be exclusives or not.

It was down until 5 Pm PST...or in my time zone, 9 pm. I updated then realized I still had to wait a half hour. So depending on when you updated the store would be down.

Picked these up on Tuesday while on my lunch. Got the game plus an extra controller since the TRU sale gave you a $25 gc when they are bought together.

bf3bc357.jpg

Downloaded 5 demos, and out of those i might get the sports one later on, but for now im split between playing Eyepet and Reach.

I think my laser went. Plays PS2 games ok, plays DVDs ok, downloaded demos play ok. It seems to play PS3 games ok if you start them up when the system is cold. However, blu-ray movies lock the system up after 5-10 mins and then it's f'd until you let it cool down (won't play anything blu-ray).

Back