Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So in the past month or so we got announcements of:

1- PS2 emulation.
2- Remote Play via PC/Mac.
3- Unlocked CPU core for developers for extra processing power.

Sony's really on a roll here!

Has anybody had their ps4 shut a game down during gameplay? I was just playing mad max and had this happen, the console did not shut down just the game. I was taken back to the xmb.

Has anybody had their ps4 shut a game down during gameplay? I was just playing mad max and had this happen, the console did not shut down just the game. I was taken back to the xmb.

I had this happen with Fallout 4. But I just chalked that up to, "Hey, a new way a Fallout game managed to crash."

I played some more mad max and had no issues so im hoping its a one time thing.

sounds like a game issue, not a console issue. I had a problem before where I put my PS4 into rest mode but then the controller wouldn't turn the console on, I'd turn the console on myself then the controller wouldn't connect. I had to unplug the console from the wall and turn it back on, then the controller would connect. I found out you have to leave the controller connected via the USB cable when you turn the controller on to turn the playstation on.

I had that happen with Mad Max too. Just once tho and toward the beginning of the game.

I had this happen to me while playing Battlefront recently. At first I thought it was a power interruption, but no other devices on the circuit were affected, the PS4 just turned the game off suddenly, mid game, and went into standby. I hadn't even been playing very long.

Read a few similar stories with various games recently on a couple of other boards, too, which makes me wonder if the last update has a stability bug in it somewhere...

Very odd.

Ive just picked up a PS4 since being a lifetime Xbox Owner.

Love the system, just much more sleek than the Xbox in my opinion.
My only grip is the Share button for recording video for those epic few second moments, compared to Xbox's Record that feature having to go in an edit the last half an hours clip or something is really annoying.

Yes, I too have picked up a PS4 after Xmas, and really like the controller and dashboard. TBH, both consoles rock in my opinion. Need to play it a bit more to think about the Pros and Cons of each console. But having spotify encorperated into the PS4 is truly awesome. MUSIC WHILST GAMING :rock

Oh one more thing, the PS4 headset is the cheapest piece of tacky flimsy C**P! It Doesn't even have a volume control if some Noisy bugger is shouting in your ear 'ole. Replacing it ASAP

My sister was cleaning her attic and found these unopened items:

image.jpg
image.jpg

She was going to throw them out so she decided to give them to me.

Sweet! :lol

I've owned a PS3 for a few years now, I don't play it as much recently though. I don't have any multiplayer friends anymore to play FPS CoD or BattleField or BorderLands with, which has cut down tremendously on my playing time. I am a fan of some single player games, such as the Arkham and Metal Gear franchise, and I played Tomb Raider, The Last of Us and Uncharted 3 recently and loved it.

My store has some Star Wars Limited Edition PS4 Battlefront bundles available, huge fan of the originals so I really like that Darth Vader case, heard mixed reviews of Battlefront though, but there aren't really any games I want to play on it except for Phantom Pain, Arkham Knight, Rise of the Tomb Raider. I was wondering, is it worth it to buy a PS4 just for that, especially with a new console pending soon? I can't seem to get good value for my PS2 and I worried about having another console lying around that might collect dust.

Back