Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There isn't a new Playstation coming out any time soon. For just Battlefront, probably not a good purchase. But you should take a look at the other games it has and see if any interest you--for example, Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered, Bloodborne. Or other multi-platform games. Also, the controller is much much better than the PS3 controller.

What is the mini-screen (rectangular box) at the center of the PS4 controller? Just curious. I've never seen one up close, only in photos. Yeah, I'm definitely considering it for those other games on my list, I just really like the Vader edition cover of the console, and it comes with Battlefront so I was going to get that instead of the other available bundles. Just wanted to see if the console was worth it or not. I had thought they were going to announce the new next-gen consoles at the E3 convention this year but perhaps I was misinformed.

What is the mini-screen (rectangular box) at the center of the PS4 controller?

A touch pad and a speaker.

Speaker is/can be use for some games for some sound effects (not the whole game through a controller).
Can be adjusted or turned off.

Most games use the touch pad as a large button to access a menu or part of the game. Some games us the different corners for multiple buttons. Also tracks like a mouse for some and in the PS home screen.

Also, the sort of triangular white area on the front, is a color changing dim light. Some games use it and change color. Like Metal Gear it would turn Red at low health. Or with Shadows of Modor, turned yellow near enemies, red in combat, also used the speakers for the ghostly SFXs.

Ming up to the 18th month of owning my PS4. Ive got 3 disc games for it. Battlefront, Arkham Knight and Evil Within. Upto yet this generation has been abysmal for me. MGS5; awful and sold it. The Order; boring and sold it. Lego Batman 3; boring and sold, Lego Marvel, Lego Jurassic, Lego Dimensions, Drive Club, Need for Speed 2015 and Rivals, The Crew, Destiny, Cod AW, cod BO 3, Until Dawn, Dying Light, GTA V and Watchdogs. All traded in and disappointed in. Ill be trading Battlefront and Arkham knight soon aswell as Fallout 4; just not as good as F3

If it wasnt for REmake and RE0 HD then my PS4 would just be a door stop. Xbox only has Forza 6 aswell.

Im praying The Division is great but theyve scrapped Brooklyn so I dont know if I will bother. Theres only the RE2 remake after the division as Uncharted is boring as hell after the second one.

I hope theres some worthy games in 2017 because theres bugger all in 2016 and 2015 was hugely disappointing.

Ming up to the 18th month of owning my PS4. Ive got 3 disc games for it. Battlefront, Arkham Knight and Evil Within. Upto yet this generation has been abysmal for me. MGS5; awful and sold it. The Order; boring and sold it. Lego Batman 3; boring and sold, Lego Marvel, Lego Jurassic, Lego Dimensions, Drive Club, Need for Speed 2015 and Rivals, The Crew, Destiny, Cod AW, cod BO 3, Until Dawn, Dying Light, GTA V and Watchdogs. All traded in and disappointed in. Ill be trading Battlefront and Arkham knight soon aswell as Fallout 4; just not as good as F3

If it wasnt for REmake and RE0 HD then my PS4 would just be a door stop. Xbox only has Forza 6 aswell.

Im praying The Division is great but theyve scrapped Brooklyn so I dont know if I will bother. Theres only the RE2 remake after the division as Uncharted is boring as hell after the second one.

I hope theres some worthy games in 2017 because theres bugger all in 2016 and 2015 was hugely disappointing.

Maybe you just don't like video games

giphy1.jpg

FB_IMG_1449344400612.jpg
How is it even possible to be disappointed in Until Dawn? That game had nothing going for it. No one had anything good to say about it in the press and it battled development hell to even exist. All signs pointed to this game sacking so where did you get hyped? This game rised above everyone's expectations. You're entitled to your opinion but Jesus man. As for everything else on you list I'm noticing a sickening lack of Bloodborne.

PlayStation 4 has my favorite console exclusive in Bloodborne, easily one of my favorite games in the last ten years, and then dark souls 3 comes out soon, and I would say those are worth owning a console for.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

So I have kind of a random question. I am just now about to buy a ps4 because Street Fighter V is coming out and have a major problem. I didnt realize that it only has a hdmi connection. My tv is not even 10 years old and is a 60 something inch sony dlp. Before anyone says you should buy a new tv before a ps4 please understand that the tv I have works totally fine, has amazing sound, and the picture resolution does everything but 1080p.

It has a dvi port on the back with audio hook ups so I was thinking I could just get a hdmi to dvi converter cord and run the audio from optical to rca converter.

Has anyone gone this route or has anyone hooked up a ps4 to a tv that doesnt have hdmi??

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks

That should work just fine as long as your tv supports HDCP, get your cables from Monoprice or Amazon they're really inexpensive there.

Audio you seem to know what to do already.

At the end of the day the signal traveling thru DVI is the same as HDMI, just without audio.

That should work just fine as long as your tv supports HDCP, get your cables from Monoprice or Amazon they're really inexpensive there.

Audio you seem to know what to do already.

At the end of the day the signal traveling thru DVI is the same as HDMI, just without audio.

Awesome. How would I know if my tv supports hdcp??? Cant you also turn it off if need be??

There's no good Optical to RCA converters unless you buy an audio receiver for it--we tried something like that so my dad could hook up his headphones and those little boxes all start overheating after like a couple weeks and you'll have to constantly deal with it cutting out because of it.

There's no good Optical to RCA converters unless you buy an audio receiver for it--we tried something like that so my dad could hook up his headphones and those little boxes all start overheating after like a couple weeks and you'll have to constantly deal with it cutting out because of it.

What would you recommend doing? If you could just provide links to what specific things I need that I would totally appreciate it.

I need all the help I can get. Haha.

Back