Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been LEARNING SO much by simply reading through the various threads and talking about all of the different issues that may arise, and yes looking at all of the pretty pictures and amazing art. This hobby ha a learning curve, and I have dedicated myself to learning all I can.

Okay ... so YOU TELL ME WHY she is a MUST have for all comicbook fans??? She is a C or D rate villianess, and while she makes a lovely statue she has never been a major character for me. I have ZERO connection to her accept for the animated series, and that just isn't enough. Remember what I told you about having a FOCUS CBG, it gives me the ability to ignore the hype. Now, I am not judging the connections that others have to these statues... I just don't have to have a $350 statue of a character I don't really give a **** about. In the end I only need a select few characters. Now, my collection will not be as large and ornate as some, but I will be happy with it, and that is all that matters.

:slap That's all I have to say.

One more just because

1495_10151503117908562_2065163784_n.jpg

That's his usual tricks though. Take the He-Man thread. Literally every time he posts he mentions She-Ra and how he'll only buy her and how the line won't survive without her and all that _____. Every ____ing time, but I've learned to just try my best to ignore it.

Yeah, it's like the annoying disease that just won't go away.

If you ever do decide you absolutely have to fix it yourself. I'd recommend using golden fluid acrylic paint. A mixture of sap green hue and van dyke brown hue should get you the color you need. Just lightly mix the brown a little at a time into the green until you achieve the darker green. also make sure you only use a little paint at a time as other wise it can glob onto it. I've never painted a statue but color mixing and paint application I know.

Thanks so much Josh! Your advice is very much appreciated. I will definitely look in on these types of paints.

Out of all the BS trolling and arguing posts in this thread, it's posts like your's that makes me keep coming back.

Thanks again for the advice bro! :hi5:

Thanks so much Josh! Your advice is very much appreciated. I will definitely look in on these types of paints.

Out of all the BS trolling and arguing posts in this thread, it's posts like your's that makes me keep coming back.

Thanks again for the advice bro! :hi5:

I keep coming back for the boobies :wink1:
Spidey keeps coming back to moan about the character :dunno :pfft:

Nah I just handle things differently I guess. You seem to have really good control over what you buy and when and most of the posts I've seen you make also suggest you're able to keep a pretty level head when it comes to dealing with everyone's arguments. In a lot of ways I envy that. :peace

Oh I am a weak man at times...lol. I wish I had the extra cash on hand to just buy what I want at times, but my wife and I take a LOT of what we earn and set it aside for out retirement and for our kids education. What I put away into my pension in a month is what most guys here would put into their collections, but I am not complaining. I like the idea of being able to afford to go where I want and when I want at 58... lol.

As for the control. Well I decided to buy only a few select characters that I am incredibly fond of for now, and if I can buy a few more down the road so be it. Batman, Superman, Hulk, Spiderman, Captain America, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Nightwing are on my MUST have list. With Superman, Batman, and Spiderman being my top 3. I ALREADY have Superman and Batman now I just need Spiderman. I SO wish I had been in time for the Com ... lol.

lol, overreact much?

and Ivy is not a C/D rate character :nana:

IMO Batman has 2 A list Rogues. Joker and Two Face with Joker being an A+. Freeze, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Croc and Bane would be my B listers.... they are good ... but not THE BEST. Then I would put Hatter, ScareCrow, and Ivy in the C listers, and the likes of Harley in the D listers. Now that is just MY opinion and by no means other peoples so.....:pfft::pfft:.....:wink1:

Wow! You are strong, I can't hold back even when I tried a couple of times already. I may skip a few but with a ivy looking this good. I know myself and will fail very poorly for sure. :monkey2 yes I agree I never had any attachment to the character either. But now I may go back to learn more about her since I will have a statue on this character. I tend to buy first then go learn about the statue later :lol

Yeah I am, but I am tempted just like you. I want the Spiderman Com so bad I can TASTE it practically, but I am not willing to give up saving for retirement or my kids educations to get it. When and if there is a hole in my PO list, assuming a new AWESOME Spidey doesn't come out, I will track down the come. I just play it a little more conservative then you do.:lecture

Ok bad news for replacements from statue forums.

Good luck on getting replacement,William call me today 6/7 Friday and giving me 2 option one was a $50 credit on next purchase or $35 back to my credit card and tell me how to glue it together or a full refund, I don't even want neither option, just wanted a replacement so I also e-mail him to see if he can put me on a wait list but I doubt that it going to happen!:soapb::rant:

I knew it. Wow! This should not be happening on brand new releases. Where's the replacements? Do they not make anymore? I mean come on this is a serious question. This is what really makes me worry about this hobby. I mean I didn't mind forking over the big prices for the statues I missed out on, so that I can keep collecting all the new releases and feel covered by SS if they come broken. Now it's so difficult. Should not be like this :waa: I didn't even get mine yet and now with no replacements again I'm so worried now....So looks like the full replacement policy is no longer a option anymore with all new statues. :dunno

Ok bad news for replacements from statue forums.

I knew it. Wow! This should not be happening on brand new releases. Where's the replacements? Do they not make anymore? I mean come on this is a serious question. This is what really makes me worry about this hobby. I mean I didn't mind forking over the big prices for the statues I missed out on, so that I can keep collecting all the new releases and feel covered by SS if they come broken. Now it's so difficult. Should not be like this :waa: I didn't even get mine yet and now with no replacements again I'm so worried now....

Stop it ... he will call ... and get a replacement eventually ... they always seem to try the credit or refund thing first... just relax ... and stop being such a drama queen.:mad:

Stop it ... he will call ... and get a replacement eventually ... they always seem to try the credit or refund thing first... just relax ... and stop being such a drama queen.:mad:

Ok thanks for keeping me in check boss. I was just getting scare. :1-1: I'm staying calm here for now. Thanks again spidey.

Back