Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only Two Face and Joker have ever risen to top for me to have consistently risen to the level of MASTER criminal to me. Most of the others have had one or two good stories. However, I can't think of any major Catwoman, penguin, or Freeze story lines though I am sure they are out there.

Whut? Catwoman has had her own comic title for years. I don't know of either Joker or Two-Face having achieved that.

Catwoman has had mini series as well as 3 of her own full series (4 if you include Gotham City Sirens).

I guarantee you Catwoman is more A list than Two Face. She's more well known, had her own comic series for years and years, and been featured in more entertainment media! :)

She's been around longer too. :clap

Whut? Catwoman has had her own comic title for years. I don't know of either Joker or Two-Face having achieved that.

I am talking as a villian though ... The cat is more an antihero to me

Ex #266 finally made it...

Some mood lighting

My favorite pic of this so far. The lighting on the portrait is so amazing, it almost looks like an entirely different statue.

I'm noticing that some of you guys weren't just lucky in not getting one with wall-eyes, you were VERY lucky in that artist left enough white under the iris to give her a more sultry, bedroom eyes, type of look. It also allows you to look at her closer to eye level and get the sense that she is looking at you. Others of us, myself included, have the eyes painted with the iris closer to the lower lid so that unless you are lower than eye level and looking up a little, you won't feel her locking eyes on you.

If these eyes weren't so tiny, and my own eyes getting so dodgy, I would be tempted to try to repaint these to get more of that effect.

What I will do though is start ooking into a motorized lazy susan, similar to what Averone has. This is the first statue I've gotten where seeing the full 360 frequently would be appreciated.

I have a question for you guys... since I don't want to send mine back or complain about the tiny white scuff that's on the base, what type of paint would you recommend I pick up to dab over it? I am not an expert (obviously), but I don't think one tiny dot of paint would take too much skill to do. Just wondering what type of paint would be appropriate for such a fix. Thanks!

Go get some bottled acrylic airbrush paint, Createx works fine. This is easier to work with than tubed acrylic paints.

NO OIL OR ENAMEL PAINTS NO NO NO YOU WILL CREATE A VORTEX INTO THE PIT OF HELL TRUST ME. [These are for experienced hobbyists only, and even then I dread them.]

It is definitely a thing of beauty, my only problem is it doesn't seem to be in scale with my DCD Catwoman

I have the DCD Catwoman as well and she isn't true 1:4 scale. She's more like 1:4.5 scale. She's bigger than my BTVS 1:5 statues, but smaller than all of my Sideshow PF's. I have to display her in a different area than my PF's because she doesn't look right next to them.

Go get some bottled acrylic airbrush paint, Createx works fine. This is easier to work with than tubed acrylic paints.

NO OIL OR ENAMEL PAINTS NO NO NO YOU WILL CREATE A VORTEX INTO THE PIT OF HELL TRUST ME. [These are for experienced hobbyists only, and even then I dread them.]

Awesome, thank you! I wonder if they make that in the gold-ish brown color that the base is?

Joker has had mini series but no, he didn't have an ongoing like Catwoman did.

Joker had a solo series in the 70's. It didn't last long, but it wasn't a mini-series in the sense we know them today.

In fact, these issues are being collected and released in a few months in a trade paperback.

But I agree that Catwoman is nothing less than an A-lister.

I have the DCD Catwoman as well and she isn't true 1:4 scale. She's more like 1:4.5 scale. She's bigger than my BTVS 1:5 statues, but smaller than all of my Sideshow PF's. I have to display her in a different area than my PF's because she doesn't look right next to them.

I guess the only solution is a SS Catwoman PF then, gee what a shame :wink1:

Just unboxed Ivy tbh I didn't go over her with a fine tooth comb because at first glance she looked fine so that's good enough for me, getting her into the base was a pain though as the peg attached to the foot refuses to sit in flush in the hole but I dont think she's going anywhere the way she is atm (if anyone else has the same problem though I'd be interested to hear what you've done about it)

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5726303&postcount=6568

Awesome, thank you! I wonder if they make that in the gold-ish brown color that the base is?

Probably not that exact color, you may have to mix two colors. You will probably be able to see two that will work in the display.

Some people like that craft paint they sell in places like Michael's and Hobby Lobby. I don't care for it myself, but you might be able to find a color closer to the base using those paints - they come in all kinds of funky colors. It would probably be ok to use for something small like this; I find it does not flow well.

Do not be afraid to use paints labeled "airbrush" with a brush. Works fine, I almost never use an airbrush. They are huge PITAs. :wink1:

I would give Batman's Rouge gallery a little more credit and add a few to the A list. I would put Catwoman, Penguin, and Freeze in the A list.

Ivy and Scarecrow I would move up to B list.

Hatter, Ventriloquist, Hush, Zaz, Strange are more C list types to me.

Not saying its the way it is, but this is how I've always kind of seen it...

A List:
Joker, Penguin, Two Face, Catwoman, Freeze, Riddler, Ivy, Scarecrow, Bane (borderline), Ras

B List:
Croc, Clayface, Hatter, Vent, Zsasz, Strange, Manbat, Deadshot, Black Mask, Quinn, Grundy, Zeus...

Oh, trust me, I'm anticipating SSC's Catwoman PF more than any other statue EVER. I just hope I can function through my excitement enough to actually place the order when she goes up :)

I'm much more excited for Harley PF ex! Catwomans pose I'm still. Wondering,,,, I hope cw turns out good :) thanks for the size comparison on DCD catwoman and ivy. It was. A big help. I had to know. :wave

Do not be afraid to use paints labeled "airbrush" with a brush. Works fine, I almost never use an airbrush. They are huge PITAs. :wink1:

anything that has a hard definite edge (hair against skin, eyes, lips, the edge of a costume, etc) I would use a fine sable brush for.
Anything that needs a smooth, even tone on a space larger than a dime, I would use an airbrush.
If you don't have or know how to use an airbrush, I would be very careful and practice a lot first on a similar type surface. You can easily end up with a solution that looks worse than the original problem.

looks like she will be going up for sale soon :(

I guess the only solution is a SS Catwoman PF then, gee what a shame :wink1:

yeah, I would have thought she would have been one of the first PF's they did and only bought the DCD to hold me over until they released theirs. With them trying to work the 1:2 version, I am not sure when they will get around to it :(

Congrats, CSI - you got a good one! :)

scratch that, I got a great one. Absolutely no complaints from me on this one :yess:

Back