Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, I would have thought she would have been one of the first PF's they did and only bought the DCD to hold me over until they released theirs. With them trying to work the 1:2 version, I am not sure when they will get around to it :(

I think she'll be up sooner than you think. They seem to not have a problem releasing the same character across multiple formats with the DC license back to back to back. Three Superman products, two Batmans, two Green Lanterns. I don't think it's too far off to think that they'd release two Catwoman's close to each other.

I would give Batman's Rouge gallery a little more credit and add a few to the A list. I would put Catwoman, Penguin, and Freeze in the A list.

Ivy and Scarecrow I would move up to B list.

Hatter, Ventriloquist, Hush, Zaz, Strange are more C list types to me.

You guys both forget Ra's al ghul. Major A lister there.

Ra's may be A-lister in terms of storyline, but visually he's uninteresting. Even Talia is kind of generic, so I'd gladly pass over them while others are made - Clayface, Red Hood, Ventriloquist, Hatter, Man-Bat, Black Mask, etc

anything that has a hard definite edge (hair against skin, eyes, lips, the edge of a costume, etc) I would use a fine sable brush for.
Anything that needs a smooth, even tone on a space larger than a dime, I would use an airbrush.
If you don't have or know how to use an airbrush, I would be very careful and practice a lot first on a similar type surface. You can easily end up with a solution that looks worse than the original problem.

Most of the people looking to fix a small problem in here are probably not artists, and wont have access to an airbrush; that's why I don't want them picking up a bottle of acrylic paint and going "Oh crap, it says airbrush! I don't have one of those, man I cant fix this!"

Sure they can, just use a brush. I have painted entire figure kits using just a brush, smooth is not difficult with practice. But these people will just be painting little bits and pieces.

Just got my ex today Number #252 in the house simply EPIC!!!! Besides one small nick on the base its simply AMAZING!!After looking at some of the paint apps on the stomach area and hair and Plant veins from pics posted I was scared by the Paint apps on mine came out amazing in all areas Plant veins and Stomach are Especially nice, No complaints!!!

I just received my poison ivy #267.. She's alluring, she's my first sideshow piece and I'm so happy I bought it. Her paint is flawless, skin tone is nice and soft. Don't go by the pocties and videos you see online. You really have to see this piece in person. Amazing!!!
null-13.jpg
[/IMG]

Just got my ex today Number #252 in the house simply EPIC!!!! Besides one small nick on the base its simply AMAZING!!After looking at some of the paint apps on the stomach area and hair and Plant veins from pics posted I was scared by the Paint apps on mine came out amazing in all areas Plant veins and Stomach are Especially nice, No complaints!!!

Looks like your Ivy is near flawless. Congrats!

Most of the people looking to fix a small problem in here are probably not artists, and wont have access to an airbrush; that's why I don't want them picking up a bottle of acrylic paint and going "Oh crap, it says airbrush! I don't have one of those, man I cant fix this!"

absolutely!
Sure they can, just use a brush. I have painted entire figure kits using just a brush, smooth is not difficult with practice. But these people will just be painting little bits and pieces.

I forgot the nature of what this person needed to touch up. But when you add new paint to existing paint , amateurs need to realize they will have problems with matching the color closely (and even if you think you mixed it well, it usually changes properties after it's fully dried) among other things like leaving visible brushstrokes, etc. If it is minor enough that you feel you can address it yourself, even if you have no experience painting- then I would think it would also be minor enough just to leave it alone.
If the problem is in a more critical area and easily noticeable, then it might be worth tracking down someone in your area to more professionally handle it.
Unless you want to try it with the intention of entering a new hobby within this hobby for yourself.
If he's still going to try it himself, I would suggest he at least go to a hobby shop, instead of a Michael's or an art store, to pick up the paint- that way he can see if anyone is advertising their services, or the clerks can recommend someone just in case he duffs it, or he runs into problems with a future purchase.
Just a suggestion.

Also- has anyone ever tried using a fan brush for large, flat areas in place of an airbrush? Fan brushes are used in paintings to blend areas smoothly without visible strokes- might work good on these if you have a problem in something like a large flesh area you want to cover up.

Last edited:
absolutely!

I forgot the nature of what this person needed to touch up. But when you add new paint to existing paint , amateurs need to realize they will have problems with matching the color closely (and even if you think you mixed it well, it usually changes properties after it's fully dried) among other things like leaving visible brushstrokes, etc. If it is minor enough that you feel you can address it yourself, even if you have no experience painting- then I would think it would also be minor enough just to leave it alone.
If the problem is in a more critical area and easily noticeable, then it might be worth tracking down someone in your area to more professionally handle it.
Unless you want to try it with the intention of entering a new hobby within this hobby for yourself.
If he's still going to try it himself, I would suggest he at least go to a hobby shop, instead of a Michael's or an art store, to pick up the paint- that way he can see if anyone is advertising their services, or the clerks can recommend someone just in case he duffs it, or he runs into problems with a future purchase.
Just a suggestion.

Also- has anyone ever tried using a fan brush for large, flat areas in place of an airbrush? Fan brushes are used in paintings to blend areas smoothly without visible strokes- might work good on these if you have a problem in something like a large flesh area you want to cover up.

A fan brush, like so?

fan-brush.jpg

I actually use a Filbert in circular motions to blend smooth areas, works better for me

utrecht-brush-set-52045.jpg

yeah- do painters in this hobby ever make use of those?
Or is the paint usually too thin to make much difference?

yeah- do painters in this hobby ever make use of those?
Or is the paint usually too thin to make much difference?

That I don't know, all my brushes are generally used on canvas or art board, occasionally a wall if the piece calls for it. I'm sure there's got to be someone around here who paints their own figures though.

Back