POPCULTCHA and Other Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves money.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: POPCULTCHA-12 Days of Sales Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves mone

I got 3 orders in this week from them all bubble wrapped.

Popcultcha thinks Deadpool lives don't matter. :lol

Re: POPCULTCHA-12 Days of Sales Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves mone

Luckily everything was ok. No damage to the display box and the rattling was the extra pegs broke loose.
I honestly was shocked when I got it after my last order. All of the customs papers and shipping labels were put right on the SS shipper.

Luckily everything was ok. No damage to the display box and the rattling was the extra pegs broke loose.
I honestly was shocked when I got it after my last order. All of the customs papers and shipping labels were put right on the SS shipper.

Did you use the same shipping method for both?

The first order didn't give me a choice so it was the more expensive tracked shipping. I did choose the cheaper shipping costs on these orders but thought that was only to not have the detailed tracking or quicker shipping?
After it took almost 2 1/2 weeks to get my last order I didn't think it was worth the extra cost for quicker shipping.

I get two options for shipping - ECI or pack and track international (the cheap one). I wonder if that's the difference here. I think my Vader and Stormtrooper Luke are being shipped the cheaper option. Hopefully they're okay!

I get two options for shipping - ECI or pack and track international (the cheap one). I wonder if that's the difference here. I think my Vader and Stormtrooper Luke are being shipped the cheaper option. Hopefully they're okay!

Yes, these last three I ordered were Pack and track. I have Chewie arriving tomorrow and a Fett that hasn't shipped yet.
The Peacemaker I ordered I guess was too large and only gave me the ECI option.

I don't think it matters what delivery method you use in regards to the bubble wrap.

In my experience most if not all my Hot Toys figures have been bubble wrapped. But all of the 1:4 statues have been sent as is per the SS brown shipper.

Could it be that they only bubble wrap Hot Toys!!??

From the website....... -

Statues, Busts, Hot Toys & High-End Collectables

Where items arrive to us Factory Sealed, we send them out Factory Sealed.

We are not in the business of opening and playing with our toys and collectables, we bring them in and send them back out again! With Hot Toys we bubble wrap the individual Hot Toys cartons to give them a little extra padding in the courier/mail process. The only Hot Toys we generally don't bubble wrap are the bigger bulkier items that have carry handles in any event.

With Sideshow items such as Statues and Busts, we send them out exactly the way they come in, factory sealed and in their original cartons.

The only exception to these standards is where you, the customer, request us to open an item, inspect it for any potential shipping damage or defect and return it to the box exactly the way we found it. This is rare that we do this, as both Popcultcha and the customer would prefer to deal in factory sealed cartons.

Does BBTS ever have promo codes, sales or discounts?

They periodically have sales on HT figures, that they only make available via e-mail. And they have running sales on their website on some items.

image.jpg

Finally got my black widow ws from pc for $160 shipped. It was bubble wrapped so Im good.

Thanks for the info on the conversion fees peeps. I didn't realize that PayPal charges for that. Both of my transactions were 20whatever bucks more than I realized, but still great savings in the end

Thanks for the info on the conversion fees peeps. I didn't realize that PayPal charges for that. Both of my transactions were 20whatever bucks more than I realized, but still great savings in the end

If you're able to pay straight from your bank i think you'll save $10. Both of my transactions were either bank or paypal funds but it was still $10 more than what I was seeing on PC.

Yes, these last three I ordered were Pack and track. I have Chewie arriving tomorrow and a Fett that hasn't shipped yet.
The Peacemaker I ordered I guess was too large and only gave me the ECI option.

Looks like HT only gets the bubble wrap treatment.

My Stormtrooper set only had the ECI option. I didn't get a choice.

If you're able to pay straight from your bank i think you'll save $10. Both of my transactions were either bank or paypal funds but it was still $10 more than what I was seeing on PC.

I did pay with PayPal funds both times and the funny part is the transaction that I paid the higher fee on was $300+ less then the transaction I paid the lower fee on :dunno. I called PayPal and asked for a manager to try and make sense of it and I think she got tired of running in circles with me (because she couldn't really make sense of it either), so she credited me $40 as a courtesy. That wasn't even the goal of my phone call, but thanks!!

Ha. It might also have to do with PayPal using a different currency exchange rate than what PopCultcha uses. I think someone else mentioned that as a possibility.

As WWEJedi said, we're saving a bunch of dough with some of these purchases so I'm not worrying about it too much.

You can pick up an R2 from ThinkGeek for 30% off using the code "pewpewpew".

Since R2 is $149.99 and the 30% off works for any order over $150.00, just throw in a pack of batteries for $1.99 and you are good to go!

Ha. It might also have to do with PayPal using a different currency exchange rate than what PopCultcha uses. I think someone else mentioned that as a possibility.

As WWEJedi said, we're saving a bunch of dough with some of these purchases so I'm not worrying about it too much.
This is most likely the case. Popcultcha's exchange rate would be the actual rate that shows up in google, however Paypal's rate is always lower than that, probably by a couple of cents.

Back