Statue Popcultureshock 1/4 Masters of the Universe Statues!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I opened mine up and put him together last night and all I can say is he's awesome. I'm really pleased with how he turned out and he just overall looks phenomenal.

My only two issues/concerns:

I hope over time Orko doesn't start swooping downwards, as it looks like it could be a problem. The stand is hefty but the way Orko is positioned his weight will be putting stress on the stand to pull it away and down.

My second issue is that he is really small for 1/4. He-Man should be a lot bigger IMO. If he would have been Lion-O's size then that would have been perfect. Whoever mentioned he was closer to 1/5 scale I would have to agree with that.

Agreed on both points.

I will add that on mine there is some sloppy paint apps around the harness, belt, and Orko's ears.

Otherwise I really like it.

So here is a nice fix for Orko. He sits perfectly on the drawbridge.

2gucoyb.jpg

@loric

That stinks man! Glad Orko had a safe landing and he does look pretty cool the way you have him set up. I'm sure PCS will have a new piece out to you quickly.

I was fortunate to have some good He man statues but upon further inspection the lines on his chest weren't very good. There's definitely some bleeding of the silver onto his chest. I'm not super picky and I'm extremely happy with this purchase but I am rather surprised at how many people have gotten this statue with cracked paint and/or several other issues. Didn't think this typical of PCS but I only have my judge dredd and death for compassion purposes... Do they normally have this many issues with their product or is He Man just having a rough start?

My opinion only but I think of the some of the issues folks are showing are not enough to warrant a return. Some of them sure but there's been a few images posted here of 'imperfections' that just not a big deal at all.

These are hand painted by humans not androids.

My opinion only but I think of the some of the issues folks are showing are not enough to warrant a return. Some of them sure but there's been a few images posted here of 'imperfections' that just not a big deal at all.

These are hand painted by humans not androids.

I'd be inclined to agree with you for the most part. Maybe I'm exaggerating the issues slightly but I feel like I have seen more pictures of paint cracking, marks, and crooked Orko stands then pictures of statues with no flaws at all. If you check out statue forum there are issues running rampid with collectors over there too. I've only known PCS to be a company that caters to the collectors in situations like these but He Man seems to be having a tough start on the QC front

Would these cracks not be caused by shipping though? They look like stress cracks to me.
I say cracks, they are hairline fractures at best. I think the level of firefly76's issue warrants replacement but I personally and I strictly mean personally, I would not return mine if it has those hairline cracks.

Would these cracks not be caused by shipping though? They look like stress cracks to me.
I say cracks, they are hairline fractures at best. I think the level of firefly76's issue warrants replacement but I personally and I strictly mean personally, I would not return mine if it has those hairline cracks.

I don't know to be honest. It kind of reminds me of the Psylocke debacle SS had a couple years back. People got statues that later on ended up cracking because of bad paint material. Your much less finicky then most collectors would be. I completely understand that every line is not going to be perfect (although XM studios would disagree with me as their cap is the best paint app I have ever seen on a production piece) but their price point is also much higher. End of the day were paying $340 to have this shipped to our collections. Cracking in paint apps and or marks/defective pieces are not acceptable in my book whatsoever. Of course these are just my opinions and were both entitled to them regardless of how they may differ. Heck man I know a collector on this forum that has complained to SS about dented brown shippers! Now that is the extreme. Ruins the hobby altogether if your that crazy. Having a clean paint app on a $300 statue is expected IMO. Not something we should hope for

Oh no, I get totally get it dude. Folks have different expectations on what they feel they should get for $300. I just feel that on hand painted statues, some imperfections are to be expected is all.

The sad part is all the other flaws people are mentioning I don't have. It's a great paint job. I wish it was a touch up kit to fix that crack because probably want get another one like this other than the crack.

@Tavegg

I agree, man. Judge Dredd and Judge Death both have incredible paint apps...Judge Death being one of the best paint apps I have ever seen.

He-Man paints are not terrible, but I think they could have been a bit cleaner at the transitions between different colours.

@Tavegg

I agree, man. Judge Dredd and Judge Death both have incredible paint apps...Judge Death being one of the best paint apps I have ever seen.

He-Man paints are not terrible, but I think they could have been a bit cleaner at the transitions between different colours.

Exactly what I was basing my thoughts off of. You said it perfectly

My ex Heman with Orko arrived safely in the Netherlands. Perfect paintjob and no flaws i love it! Lion-O and he-man are standing pride next to eachother ;)

got my he man ex today very nice but one complaint is this 1/4 or 1/5 he seems a bit small stands about 16inch from feet to head should be around 18 inch. next to other 1/4 statue even lion o he man looks small, any thoughts.

Please keep in mind that I'm neither a sculptor or a painter, so this may look amateur. But I felt like Orko would look better on a stand of his own so I made made him one :). could be much better, but I'm happy with how it turned out.
4yvudura.jpg

ugehyny8.jpg

adude9e8.jpg

7a8u7ady.jpg

atynegyt.jpg

a9u8yja9.jpg

Recieved my He-Man EX guys and happy to report that everything looks perfect :love don't have a problem with any QC issues thankfully and Orko's stand fits nicely and flush into He-Mans base. What an epic piece!!!! Pics to come soon :)

7ypevu2u.jpg

Eventually looking to recreate the same He-Man display that I have for my 1/6 version...can't wait!!!!

huba5ysa.jpg

agury7ym.jpg

issues on my end, check those hairline cracks guys..they will be an issue...i just lightly touched mine and a small piece of paint literally came away..still a great statue though, certainly no regrets.

Back