InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Legolas 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10% off is the highest coupon you can redeem your pennies for. I’m thinking about ordering a deluxe Nazgûl and Legolas there with my 10% off, would be about $900 total shipped.
Wish I'd realized I'd had the 10% off before ordering Legolas but I may see what else they have to potentially add to a Nazgul order. Haven't ordered the new Chewie yet either. Another pricey fig.

Wish I'd realized I'd had the 10% off before ordering Legolas but I may see what else they have to potentially add to a Nazgul order. Haven't ordered the new Chewie yet either. Another pricey fig.
They will probably also carry the two new Blitzway Anakin and Obi-Wan statues if you have interest in those.

Yeah - I was originally gonna be all in for the entire Fellowship.
But now I see the price [been away for a week with spotty internet] I just can't justify this price and by the not-so-incremental jumps in prices the cost of getting the entire Fellowship will be prohibitively expensive.
I just dont see how or why the price is so much more, he has less hair than Gandalf and less accessories, weathering and complicated attire than Aragorn without the same "holy ****" level of likeness in the sculpt [like I said, pretty unwrinkled and clean faces are harder to capture to cut Inart some slack].
Honestly - the least impressive LOTR figure shown so far, and its the most expensive by some considerable distance.
Sadly, I just can't bring myself to order this for the sake of completionism - so I am out for the full Fellowship and will instead be ordering on a case-by-case figure impact POV..... its probably for the best when all is said and done.

Am I crazy?
But honestly I am more impressed by the Nazgul + Steed or the Thorin prototype than this?

He is looking good, much better to me than both Asmus versions. Is it some $250 better? To me, definitely. But their omission/lack of accuracy to the movies is slowly starting to take hold. I will pay this one and see how the release will look like but will also keep up with how InArt reacts to all feedback. If they do not change their stance and do not improve their QC which has been mentioned so many times already, I may just suck on the NRD.

Yeah - I was originally gonna be all in for the entire Fellowship.
But now I see the price [been away for a week with spotty internet] I just can't justify this price and by the not-so-incremental jumps in prices the cost of getting the entire Fellowship will be prohibitively expensive.
I just dont see how or why the price is so much more, he has less hair than Gandalf and less accessories, weathering and complicated attire than Aragorn without the same "holy ****" level of likeness in the sculpt [like I said, pretty unwrinkled and clean faces are harder to capture to cut Inart some slack].
Honestly - the least impressive LOTR figure shown so far, and its the most expensive by some considerable distance.
Sadly, I just can't bring myself to order this for the sake of completionism - so I am out for the full Fellowship and will instead be ordering on a case-by-case figure impact POV..... its probably for the best when all is said and done.

Am I crazy?
But honestly I am more impressed by the Nazgul + Steed or the Thorin prototype than this?
Hair. ASMUS managed little braids on Thorin, but guessing flawlessly applying a smooth straight hairline and having to weave hair along the side of the head e.g. French braid or whatever that is. Thinking about the figs InArt has put out it's the worst hair to go into production at that scale. So that's labor costs. A whole row of folks with tweezers making little tiny braids.

Back