Statue Popcultureshock 1/4 Masters of the Universe Statues!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What email do I send a replacement request to?

Had paint problem on chest and I cannot fit it into the base. I can but there is a rather decent gap between the feet and the base.

IMG_2689.JPG

I received #308 of the EX version a few days ago and finally have some time to take proper pics of this guy and share my thoughts on it. When Jerry was first pitching the idea of a MOTU line and was asking for art style preferences, I will admit that I was one of the ones who preferred a mix of Filmation and realism, not 100% Filmation, which is ultimately what the MOTU line used. I was disappointed but pre-ordered He-Man for nostalgia purposes alone. Now that I have him in hand, I will readily admit that my fears about 100% Filmation "dumbing" down the statues was completely unfounded. When I opened him up, I went through a time warp back to when I was about 12 years old watching MOTU and started humming the theme song. He-Man and Orko both look like the just stepped out of the cartoon! The sculpts are 100% spot on and He-Man's hair (which was really tricky to get right) looks great with the "long haired" version. A shorter hair sculpt is also included. It was a nice touch on PCS's part to include both hair sculpts, but I will be using the long haired version only. The paint job is really well done too. You might think it is easier to paint a statue that has less details, but it is much harder to get shading and skin tones right. The end result is that both He-Man and Orko look fantastic! I am very happy with this initial offering from the MOTU line and I am now looking forward to the next ones (Beastman, Teela and Trapjaw) with Man-at-Arms going up for PO in the near future. I know that there have been significant delays with some of the statues from PCS (namely the Mortal Kombat Klassic line), but the wait is worth it to me because I have been extremely happy with every statue I have ordered from them so far. I am one of those people who would much rather wait a little longer for something that looks top notch than to have something rushed out that doesn't look like the prototype when you receive it. Enough of a review, now on to the pics.

First, a little music to get stuck in your head.

And?
You selling for retail or scalping collectors?

Give me a break. Don't tell me you never bought something and sold it for profit. Why should I sell it for retail? Why shouldn't I make some money? If somebody missed the exclusive, they can buy from me. If not, that's fine too.

Last edited:
Give me a break. Don't tell me you never bought something and sold it for profit. Why should I sell it for retail? Why shouldn't I make a some money? If somebody missed the exclusive, they can buy from me. If not, that's fine too.
That person who buys from you for a premium may off missed out because you bought one to flip.
Up to you but don't assume I'd do the same.

Of course I've sold things, difference is I've never bought anything for the purpose of selling as soon as I get it for profit.

While we're at it. The product threads aren't the place to offer items for sale.
That should be kept to the relevant commerce section.

Give me a break. Don't tell me you never bought something and sold it for profit. Why should I sell it for retail? Why shouldn't I make a some money? If somebody missed the exclusive, they can buy from me. If not, that's fine too.
It's one thing if you bought He-Man because you thought it was cool, then decided you'd rather sell it and use the money to get something else, but buying him for the soul purpose of gouging another collector, and lowering their opportunity to get it at retail is just shady.

After receiving both a damaged He Man and Orko And reading about all the paint issues I just hope there are enough replacements available

Well everyone, my runaway Orko's stand did a complete snap by itself. After a few days of owning it, I was noticing how the stand and Orko was getting lower and lower and lower! Fortuantely, Orko landed on top of the Fangman and Glimmer Classics boxes. This stand was messed up from the start! I knew I wasn't crazy.

2u933vp.jpg

Yeah its not as secure as you'd want it to be. Like the magnet needed to be stronger maybe

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

I like the look of the statue without orko and won't display with orko but sad its not designed right

Well everyone, my runaway Orko's stand did a complete snap by itself. After a few days of owning it, I was noticing how the stand and Orko was getting lower and lower and lower! Fortuantely, Orko landed on top of the Fangman and Glimmer Classics boxes. This stand was messed up from the start! I knew I wasn't crazy.

2u933vp.jpg

I've noticed my Orko start to gradually sink lower, so I just removed him from the stand. Hopefully, we figure out a resolution for this issue.

I opened mine up and put him together last night and all I can say is he's awesome. I'm really pleased with how he turned out and he just overall looks phenomenal.

My only two issues/concerns:

I hope over time Orko doesn't start swooping downwards, as it looks like it could be a problem. The stand is hefty but the way Orko is positioned his weight will be putting stress on the stand to pull it away and down.

My second issue is that he is really small for 1/4. He-Man should be a lot bigger IMO. If he would have been Lion-O's size then that would have been perfect. Whoever mentioned he was closer to 1/5 scale I would have to agree with that.

Back