Premium Format Power Girl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is painfully obvious that some of you have spent too much time reading manga and comics and not enough time dating real women.

Somehow women are old and gross by the time they are in their mid 30's? I wouldn't be surprised if the female collectors avoid these forums because **** like this is offensive.

Now not everyone needs to like the statue but I don't think the degrading comments are necessary.

Reminds me of when the Storm PF was shown. In that instance I think her ethnicity made her not "cute" enough for a lot posters here.

The majority of statue collectors seem to have a certain idea of what is cute and pretty when it comes to statues. Deviate from that and you get a certain reaction. I agree that it does come across as having an afinity for a certain mold of beauty and putting down attractive sculpts that don't fit that particular mold.

It is painfully obvious that some of you have spent too much time reading manga and comics and not enough time dating real women.

Somehow women are old and gross by the time they are in their mid 30's? I wouldn't be surprised if the female collectors avoid these forums because **** like this is offensive.

Now not everyone needs to like the statue but I don't think the degrading comments are necessary.

:goodpost::exactly:

While I agree with most of what you posted. I cringe when the phrase " that offensive" is throw around. Lately in our society that phrase has been used by some to stifle freedom of speech. I'm very depressed how in this country you can be told "That's offensive" as though those two words constitute an argument.

Well said. So many of these comments get me to eye roll, double take, and question people's notion of beauty.

While I agree with most of what you posted. I cringe when the phrase " that offensive" is throw around. Lately in our society that phrase has been used by some to stifle freedom of speech. I'm very depressed how in this country you can be told "That's offensive" as though those two words constitute an argument.

Im moving to Australia! Love their take it or leave it attitude.

It's most from younger collectors I've noticed

That's because theyre being raised in a society that placates the whiny...

“In a land of freedom we are held hostage by the tyranny of political correctness” RG

Im not saying 30 yr olds are whiny, just the era were its a what can you do for me generation. And Im also not saying that freedom of speech entitles you to be a ******.

I wouldn't say a younger audience is more shallow towards a statue of a female, at least not in this thread. This one is pretty messy though, but I guess the constituents of a comic book statue stays true to those of a comic book - people expect human perfection.

I like Power Girl more than Supergirl so if I were to choose, it'd be this one.

Hmm, I always thought a cougar was a woman past her physical prime (like in her 40's-50's) that 'preys' on young men in their 20's. Hence the name.

Anyhoo, good post there Solid. Powergirl is healthy and sexy yes, but clearly a mature woman (and I don't mean just 'filled out', also in character). Most important part here, Powergirl shouldn't be 'cute', leave that to Supergirl.
You're right. Its typically a woman over the age of 40 but can be applied to any woman that dates someone younger than them. So technically a 27 year old could be called a cougar for dating an 18 year old

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Nope I think its like what Snad said, its from ppl that don't really get a lot of face time with real women. Also pervs tend to want young girl effigies because regardless of their age they want someone that looks like a child

Nope I think its like what Snad said, its from ppl that don't really get a lot of face time with real women. Also pervs tend to want young girl effigies because regardless of their age they want someone that looks like a child

exactly...I can appreciate what SSC is doing for the most part when it comes to female faces. And really, it's about the sculptors themselves...they tend to want to sculpt realistic women as opposed to a generic comic book faced female. Most of the people who complain just want a generic sexy female face. Only problem with that is all the female statues would look the same regardless of personality or race of a character.

Back