PREDATOR 1 Remake???!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only thing remotely exciting about this news is that Robert Rodriguez is involved. And even if it is a reboot, I'll just watch it like it was Predator 3. :)

Like some have already said just give us a good Pred 3 (not AVP).

I am sure any remake will be a politically correct piece of garbage with the "men" getting in touch with their feelings and trying too reason with the Pred's. That and I am sure it will all have to do with "Global Warming"......:banghead

LEAVE CLASSICS ALONE!!!!

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I'm all for a Predator 3 with another group of commando's in a jungle, I'm even for multiple predators...Just don't make it a remake and keep ADI away from it...

Edit: It was only a matter of time, though, to be honest...

I doesn't make sense that they'd need a whole team of Predators to beat a team of commandos if one nearly waxed Arnold and team testosterone. :p And before anyone brings up Danny beating the predator in P2, I'm still of the belief that he was the "special bus" predator. :lol But yeah, they should spend their money on a decent sequel. There's nothing about the original that's out of date. Hell, have it in Afghanistan. He can use the Taliban as fodder until the SF arrives for the meat of the story. It's hot there too and the caves would present an interesting contrast to the jungle of the first and urban setting of the second.

There is NO reason to remake the original. The way that movie was made/shot, it can last the test of time. What I mean is that anyone who did not see this movie can watch the original now and probably would not have realized that it was made 22 years ago!! Hell, I can probably watch this movie 50 years from now and can enjoy it just as much as when I first did. And the only reason why is because how this movie was shot. They did it in a real jungle. They did not make any "reference" to what year it was made. I do not even know if they used any blue screens, which I doubt. The effects was small but still seemed real enough. I personally liked how the Original Predator looked when it was camoflauged then how they looked in AVP series. The most anyone could do is put it on High Definition, which they did already on blu-ray. There is no way you can re-due what the original cast did as well. Even though I liked Predator 2, if they were going to remake any of these then either do part2 or AVPR. If they really want to listen to us, then yes make a 3rd, but only if you can get the original director and writers, so at least I can have some sort of piece of mind that it will be good. LEAVE THE FIRST ONE ALONE!!!!!!!!

Who the heck greenlights this stuff? :banghead

The first Predator movie is a classic. P2 was not IMHO. Give us a good P3, but don't try to remake or reimagine the first one.

I'd be indifferent to it. Its not like a Predator remake would erase the original film from existance. However I agree that there are just about zero grounds for why Predator needs to be remade. Sometimes films get remade because the originals had a poorly executed great concept, other times they get remade just to use modern special effects but the original predator remains pretty much perfect in every way. Like the first Robocop or the first Terminator. Plus that pitch of a team of commandos facing a number of creatures sounds very uninspired...pretty sure its been done in about 203 films.

I'm so tired of the new Hollywood buzz-word "reboot".

I know! Its everywhere! Really starting to piss me off too.

If Fox decides to make another Predator movie - Predator 3 or not...

...you know what I'd love to see happen? Whoever does the costuming/special effects/whatever, I've said it a million times, but I would LOVE for them to pick Narin's brain a little and maybe involve him in the design aspects of the creature. Some of his kits are a little odd (Gun Warrior, Pancore), but when he nails a more 'traditional' (Death Warrior, Alien Hunter) Predator, holy CRAP! I'm also a huge dan of his bio helmet designs and armor sculpts - plus, the 'female' counterparts he cooks up are phenomenal. Could you imagine a Narin/Steve Wang Predator???

I don't know what story could be used for a third Predator film, but I do like the idea of it being in the past.

this is a joke :lol:lol:lol this wont happen, so dont worry too much. sounds more like a predator 3 idea to me. i suppose its good there talking about predator again after what i thought the final nail in the coffin AVP:R would be.

If Fox decides to make another Predator movie - Predator 3 or not...

...you know what I'd love to see happen? Whoever does the costuming/special effects/whatever, I've said it a million times, but I would LOVE for them to pick Narin's brain a little and maybe involve him in the design aspects of the creature. Some of his kits are a little odd (Gun Warrior, Pancore), but when he nails a more 'traditional' (Death Warrior, Alien Hunter) Predator, holy CRAP! I'm also a huge dan of his bio helmet designs and armor sculpts - plus, the 'female' counterparts he cooks up are phenomenal.

I don't know what story could be used for a third Predator film, but I do like the idea of it being in the past.

Narin's designs are awesome:rock
(check sig):D

I'm fine with a "reboot/remake" if the story and directing are good.
If it sucks, we can always keep watching the original.

Nah get ^^^ed P1 is a classic it doesn't need to be remade
Its like saying lets Remake LOTR or Titanic

Who the heck greenlights this stuff? :banghead

The first Predator movie is a classic. P2 was not IMHO. Give us a good P3, but don't try to remake or reimagine the first one.

i agree...P1 is such a classic. P2 wasn't terrible, but it was a good idea to try something different instead of just rehashing the first.
~~i'd like something in the jungle, with multiple commandos, multiple one-liners, multiple guys getting eviscerated, multiple guys smoking cigars, multiple things getting blown up.

Back