PREDATOR 1 Remake???!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even I don't think this is a good idea, and I'm not even that big of a Predator fan. The first movie should be left alone. A "Predator 3"? Sure. But not a remake.

Unless they completely redesign the Predator itself, or recast Dutch and state he's never seen the Predators before, there is zero difference between a sequel and a remake. Because the whole concept of the Predators has become that they're a race of individualistic hunters, you would have to go a LONG way before any redesign could not be reconciled with the previous films - and I'd argue by that point, it would not really be a Predator anymore.
It's not like there are any recurring characters to worry about :).

Most of the Predator spin-off books and comics have had no reference to the original film, and even P2 only referred to it briefly. So a reboot with things that were recognizably Predators, but no direct reference to the previous films, would really be a sequel if you catch my drift. It's not like Batman Begins where you have to forget the previous films for the plot to make sense.

As regards the plot and Rodriguez... I'm getting a serious sense of deja vu. The idea of a group of hunters was in the Thomas' brothers original Predator concept, and was pared down for narrative and budgetary reasons. Rodriguez was supposed to have been nosing around the original AVP script in the early 90s, so again his interest is not surprising.

So, I'll reserve judgement. Mostly what I'd expect is another AVP-R, a decent fun flick with a redesigned Predator that bears no direct link to the original film.

Seem's like their remaking everything these days, hell while there at it
they may as well remake Alien and Terminator:banghead:duh:banghead.
Seriously is there not one writter who can't come up with a decent original story for a Predator 3????

Yeah. They should remake Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Star Wars too...... Oh no. It will be like that South Park episode all over again.

NOOOO-1.jpg

Note that the original article stated "reboot" not "remake".

All a reboot needs to do is to re-introduce the Predator to audiences who haven't seen the previous films... which seems unnecessary given the box office for AVP and AVP-R, but there you go. Really it's just making a sequel which doesn't require familiarity with the previous film; and given the general lack of continuity between the Predator / AVP films to date, that's hardly a problem.

Rodriguez' previous P3 idea - which I vaguely recall reused both Dutch and Mike Harrigan - would not have been a reboot as you'd need to have seen the previous films. What I guess we'll get is "Predator 3" but not called that... maybe "Predators" if multiple creatures are involved :).

this is probably one of those fake rumours spread by fox to disguise predator 3, alien 5 or Avp 3. something stupid like that.

there is know reason to remake predator :dunno the film still holds up in quality today

I hope its not fake. I'm excited. Seriously...Robert doing a Predator movie..:drool

The guy does films on a small budget, and fast. He loves the series, so I highly doubt we'll see Dutch, or anyone else again played by some other dude. I think a reboot would be fine. It would be no different then a sequel....(if they do it correctly).

Nope. But a reboot....a new start, I wouldnt mind. AvP ^^^^ed the whole series.....and when I say reboot, I dont mean start in the jungle with Dutch and all that, but a new story, without all the canon bull^^^^ surrounding it.

Has a "reboot" ever worked yet?

I know some of you will suggest Craig's Bond, but did you see the last movie?

Batman is the only one I can think of -- and I attribute that solely to Nolan.

Sequel, remake, reboot... it all gets muddled.

No Remake!
Just make a Predator 3, Predator 4 and a Predator Zero?
Zero about how the Pred 2 Elder got his gun in his younger years or something without much special weapons?

Back