PREORDER AT SIDESHOW - HT T2 T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot toys t-1000 sarah just came up for pre-order !!!

BBTS will probably have loads of cancellations, because there is no cost in pre-ordering and canceling later. Just keep an eye on that page periodically (bookmark it), and you should be able to get a pre-order in later.

I don't think their shipping is very high, though. Particularly when you use the Pile of Loot.

I have a feeling they'll also have loads of cancellations with availability issues too.

Possible. BBTS has done this before with stuff, but pretty infrequently. Like someone else posted, they are usually pretty good with fulfilling their pre-orders, which suggests to me that they do their homework before listing something.

Well, things don't look good people. I e-mailed BBTS about the pre-order (told them how I had put 500 in my cart and it readjusted it down to 215 at the time) and less than 30 minutes after that e-mail, it was listed as SOLD OUT. Now, I get the following e-mail response from them:

Hi,

We could have been right in the middle of making some changes to the on order inventory when you were doing that because we have nowhere near that amount for preorder. In fact, we are waiting on Sideshow to let us know if there are going to be any problems receiving this item. I can't make any sort of guarantees at this moment unfortunately. You may want to check to see if you can preorder this at another site if possible until we know for sure if we will be able to receive the amount solicited to us.

Thanks!
Jessica
BBTS Customer Service Manager

I am going to leave mine active, but I guess I will be following Sideshow to find out when they will pre-order, just to be safe .... damn :monkey2

Well, things don't look good people. I e-mailed BBTS about the pre-order (told them how I had put 500 in my cart and it readjusted it down to 215 at the time) and less than 30 minutes after that e-mail, it was listed as SOLD OUT. Now, I get the following e-mail response from them:

Hi,

We could have been right in the middle of making some changes to the on order inventory when you were doing that because we have nowhere near that amount for preorder. In fact, we are waiting on Sideshow to let us know if there are going to be any problems receiving this item. I can't make any sort of guarantees at this moment unfortunately. You may want to check to see if you can preorder this at another site if possible until we know for sure if we will be able to receive the amount solicited to us.

Thanks!
Jessica
BBTS Customer Service Manager

I am going to leave mine active, but I guess I will be following Sideshow to find out when they will pre-order, just to be safe .... damn :monkey2

glad I just put an order in at toys2. They had ~114 remaining.

glad I just put an order in at toys2. They had ~114 remaining.

Who said Toys2 has the right number remaining as well... They could just as well cancel peoples orders and take to many Preorderes... :exactly:

I just placed an order with Toys2 and it came up as a failed order but I got an email from paypal indicating that the payment was sent. What the hell is going on?

NEVER and I mean NEVER pay for a pre-order with PayPal! If something goes wrong or you never receive the item you will NEVER get your money back!

Out of stock at Toys2 as well.

Edit....back in stock. Weird
My cart was cleared and "out of stock" was shown but now it is back.

Probably means e-tailers were allocated about 25 or less each.

NEVER and I mean NEVER pay for a pre-order with PayPal! If something goes wrong or you never receive the item you will NEVER get your money back!

i got my paypal $$$$ refund from Viking Playground for the dx batman. luckily i had extra cash atm and got it from bbts.

This is weird as hell Eric isn't really looking into it either which worries me more he said he would contact me in the next 48 hours and change the status.

Ordered one at Toys2 for now (money order of course!!!), but I imagine I'll get herhim from SS.

Whew...just got off the phone from Eric and my order went from Failed to Processed. Man did I have a panic attack. Hello Doughnut Head T-1000!

Still don't think this will be a normal release. Looked through the newsletter sent a few days ago and it says:

"Besides, the T1000 in Sarah Connor disguise collectible figure, one of the 2010 Toy Fairs exclusive items (such as Tokyo Toy Fair and Hong Kong Ani-com), also brings you surprise because the bonus T1000 bullet damaged head provided in the set can fit into this T1000 collectible for sure!"

So then is it that these retailers are physically going to the show, buying the stock then reselling it?

Still don't think this will be a normal release. Looked through the newsletter sent a few days ago and it says:

"Besides, the T1000 in Sarah Connor disguise collectible figure, one of the 2010 Toy Fairs exclusive items (such as Tokyo Toy Fair and Hong Kong Ani-com), also brings you surprise because the bonus T1000 bullet damaged head provided in the set can fit into this T1000 collectible for sure!"

even if it isn't a regular release it does appear that the numbers have changed for the better. Intially, the number was either 300 or 500, I get this and the Pred mixed up, for all shows. Now if it's 300 or 500 for each show or at least those numbers just for SS the opportunity to get them has just gotten better.

So then is it that these retailers are physically going to the show, buying the stock then reselling it?

My best guess is that Sideshow will get more than the orginally planned 300-500. They are now able to provide some to their distributors. Even so this will be more limited than a usual Hot Toys release.

Of course this is all assumption on my part but I don't see why Hot Toys would put in their newsletter "Toy Fair Exclusive" if it has been decided that it would now be a general release.

even if it isn't a regular release it does appear that the numbers have changed for the better. Intially, the number was either 300 or 500, I get this and the Pred mixed up, for all shows. Now if it's 300 or 500 for each show or at least those numbers just for SS the opportunity to get them has just gotten better.

Yup. That is what I think as well. I definitely think it will be harder to track down than a usual release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back