Prime 1 / Shumi Arts: Harry Potter - Severus Snape (Alan Rickman) 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man, checked to see if this was up for PO yet, and it is but yeeesh that price tag is laughable for a 1/4 scale piece. I was going to order one of these, but for $2k+ and not 1/3 scale is just too much. Will just wait on the eventual InArt figure

Every piece is painted by the artists of Shumi-arts themselves, which explains the higher price. It's comparable to having Viper hand-paint every single InArt figure, which would also result in a significant increase in the cost of the 1/6 InArt figure per unit.

Every piece is painted by the artists of Shumi-arts themselves, which explains the higher price. It's comparable to having Viper hand-paint every single InArt figure, which would also result in a significant increase in the cost of the 1/6 InArt figure per unit.
I completely understand the reasoning behind it as it's pretty well laid out in the item description/photos as the reason for the cost. Doesn't change the fact that I think it's overpriced for the scale that is it. If it was 1/3, I'd have no problem dropping the cash for one.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder what’s going to happen with this statue given what’s come to light about Shumi Arts. I’ve heard rumblings the last couple days regarding them vanishing but this is the first post I’ve seen with someone actually calling them out

IMG_2652.jpeg

Wow, this is shocking news!
They had a pretty good reputation so far and just opened pre order for their 2nd mass production figure..
Very weird!

Officially canceled:

CANCELLATION NOTICE OF COLLABORATION PROJECTS WITH SHUMI ARTS​

Aug 08, 2024
Thank you very much for your continued support of Prime 1 Studio products.

We regret to inform our valued customers that the collaboration with Shumi Arts,
announced in June 2023, has been canceled due to various unfortunate circumstances.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to all those who were looking forward to the future developments of this collaboration. We will contact you at a later date regarding the handling of the following products:

- PLMHP-01 Premium Masterline Harry Potter Severus Snape

- Premium Masterline M3GAN

If you have any further inquiries or concerns regarding this announcement, don't hesitate to get in touch with our customer support team at [email protected].
We appreciate your kind understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Prime 1 Studio Co., Ltd.

That’s unfortunate but expected at this point. Hopefully they go back and redo the character in 1/3 with their platinum line like MJ and T800 Arnie

Last edited:
Yeah, such a shame what happened to Shumi. They had super-talented artists, but the owner/management destroyed everything.

And yes, hopefully knowing people's interest in the character on 1/4 scale, they re-do this project, maybe with Blitzway, at a much lower price.

It would appear Prime1 is still making this. They've removed all the "x Shumi Arts" text from the official photos, the description and the YouTube videos. It now reads "The artists from Prime 1 Studio have come together to meticulously craft 150 statues with the utmost level of expertise, bringing you the most lifelike statue of Alan Rickman’s Master of Potions."

Still limited to 150 and still $2200 though. For that pricing, I still think it's better to wait and see if JND go for 1/3 version eventually.

Last edited:
Without the artists who used to work at Shumi, I would never pay $2200 for this piece.
The reason I preordered this and paid the price is to have Snape done by those amazing Shumi artists.
It's a shame that Shumi management did what they did and wasted those artists.

Is it possible that Prime 1 hired those artists if they were also left out high and dry? If the proto images haven't changed, you would think those artists would still have to be involved to show their work.

Is it possible that Prime 1 hired those artists if they were also left out high and dry? If the proto images haven't changed, you would think those artists would still have to be involved to show their work.
That's what I have in mind as well. If they do, maybe the ex-shumi artists prefer to be anonymous/unknown, for some legal reasons, or maybe there are some negotiations with Shumi happening under the table, who knows?

But I just don't want to gamble. With Shumi's name attached to it, I know the production piece will exactly be the same as the promo pics. Now, I am not sure, and I'm not going to spend $2200 for something uncertain..

Wasn't Shumi taken over by JND?......
For their 1/6 lines (Paripi Yui n the other cyberpunk girl) yes, but for this one, I have no idea.

Back