Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Arkham Origins - Deathstroke Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn
e65f573ccbf45ddc99d58f535b8af38a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
take a good look at the exclusive batmask, there is a bullet hole in it. so deadshot shot him and deathstroke is like screw you again!

Wow, can't believe it sold out that fast. I mean, he's a great character and for me personally this is the BEST of Prime's Arkham releases but I didn't think this many units would sell so quickly with a $930 price tag. I'm just super glad I PO'd right away and have this piece secured. I would have been gutted if I missed out on this.

SS must be making a killing off cancelled nrds.

i've always wondered about that. i read about how many people just cancel on pieces with nrds all the time, and wonder why people just act like they don't care about losing their nrds. it boggles my mind. some of these nrds are not small amounts and i just see people cancel products all the time, like its a past time sport, lol. some of ya'll are just crazy. if you can't afford it, don't buy it. if you're not sure, don't buy it. if you have no idea what you're doing, find another hobby. ssc makes plenty of money, they don't need your charity. lol.

Man...I am so vexed, I checked yesterday a few times and I didn't see it, checked again this AM and nothing and then I see the regular version up.....I have ordered all the exclusive versions so far and this is a bummer that I didn't get the exclusive, I wonder what the chances of this converting are? Started the monthly payments on the regular version just in case....arghhhh.....ruined my day

Wow, can't believe it sold out that fast. I mean, he's a great character and for me personally this is the BEST of Prime's Arkham releases but I didn't think this many units would sell so quickly with a $930 price tag. I'm just super glad I PO'd right away and have this piece secured. I would have been gutted if I missed out on this.

Your comment got me thinking...

One of the complaints of many collectors is the rapidly rising price of collectibles...particularly Sideshow product. There are numerous posts from fellow collectors stunned and confused on how Sideshow can continue to raise prices. Yet...a price with $1,000 price point sells out almost immediately and I have read little to no complaints about price.

Some will argue that Prime 1 has "better" quality control or lower ES and thereby can justify charging higher prices. There may be some truth to those assertions. But I have always argued that companies like Sideshow continue to raise their prices because they know customers will dig deep to find the extra cash if sufficiently motivated.

Nonetheless...this is a great looking statue.

One of the complaints of many collectors is the rapidly rising price of collectibles...particularly Sideshow product. There are numerous posts from fellow collectors stunned and confused on how Sideshow can continue to raise prices. Yet...a price with $1,000 price point sells out almost immediately and I have read little to no complaints about price.

Some will argue that Prime 1 has "better" quality control or lower ES and thereby can justify charging higher prices. There may be some truth to those assertions. But I have always argued that companies like Sideshow continue to raise their prices because they know customers will dig deep to find the extra cash if sufficiently motivated.

these offerings from prime 1 or 1/3 scale while sideshow's are 1/4. totally different.

I never heard people complain about the $550 price for Chronicle's 1/4 Terminator Genesis Arnold which after a month cost $650. SS BD T2 pf was $380. SS Hulk pfs cost less than it.

I never heard people complain about the $550 price for Chronicle's 1/4 Terminator Genesis Arnold which after a month cost $650. SS BD T2 pf was $380. SS Hulk pfs cost less than it.

Sideshow's original Endo was 550$ nearly ten years ago with a 2000ES, given the steady price hikes some quick math shows pretty clearly how good of a price is 550$ for a 1:4 Endo with a 500ES, today. Different statues have different level of difficulty and you're comparing statues that have entirely different production difficulties.

That's the key portion. I think there is a high end market for sure until the product being offered is impressive enough. First big scale Deathstroke (popular character) on the market, 1:3, lots of switch outs and impressive prototype, I can easily see why this was a hit.
But one thing to be considered - for a long time most of the 1:3 pieces around were Cinemaquettes, and all of them retailed at 1500$+. Their last Iron Man is 2700$. It's been just in the last year or so, with PCS first and Prime1 later, that effectively affordable 1:3 pieces were made available. For this specific scale, market has gone the other way, with prices being considerably lower than they were in the past.
This, along with the fact that, let's face it, big 1:4 pieces are not 500$ anymore but somewhere in between 600 and 800$, surely plays in favor of this line. Just to make a few examples - pick the Dark Rider of Mordor, the Star Wars Droids PF, the Galactus Maquette, Godzilla Maquette... all pieces in the high 700's range, and even if it's true that tastes are tastes, I challenge anyone to say that any of these pieces is as detailed and as complete as what Prime1 is offering. DC characters are easily as popular as the ones mentioned above, too, yet another point in favor of this line.
So overall, I perfectly see why this price is considered "fair" and others are not. Just a matter of bang for your bucks.

Darkseid PF is the perfect contrast piece to illustrate your point. It's only 1 scale smaller, high profile character part of the DC line, has less overall details, less switch out parts and it's only $330 less

It's a no brainer why some are migrating to Prime 1.

**** my life, this looks amazing! where am i going to display it when i'm homeless cuz prime 1 took all my money.

oh please tell me my WL will convert......I have never had any luck on conversions ever....arghhhh; so depressed lol

these offerings from prime 1 or 1/3 scale while sideshow's are 1/4. totally different.

Are you suggesting that if Sideshow's offerings were all 1/3 scale then nobody would have a problem with a $900 - $1,000 price point?

That's the key portion. I think there is a high end market for sure until the product being offered is impressive enough. First big scale Deathstroke (popular character) on the market, 1:3, lots of switch outs and impressive prototype, I can easily see why this was a hit.
But one thing to be considered - for a long time most of the 1:3 pieces around were Cinemaquettes, and all of them retailed at 1500$+. Their last Iron Man is 2700$. It's been just in the last year or so, with PCS first and Prime1 later, that effectively affordable 1:3 pieces were made available. For this specific scale, market has gone the other way, with prices being considerably lower than they were in the past.
This, along with the fact that, let's face it, big 1:4 pieces are not 500$ anymore but somewhere in between 600 and 800$, surely plays in favor of this line. Just to make a few examples - pick the Dark Rider of Mordor, the Star Wars Droids PF, the Galactus Maquette, Godzilla Maquette... all pieces in the high 700's range, and even if it's true that tastes are tastes, I challenge anyone to say that any of these pieces is as detailed and as complete as what Prime1 is offering. DC characters are easily as popular as the ones mentioned above, too, yet another point in favor of this line.
So overall, I perfectly see why this price is considered "fair" and others are not. Just a matter of bang for your bucks.

Good points Mule...

Are you suggesting that if Sideshow's offerings were all 1/3 scale then nobody would have a problem with a $900 - $1,000 price point?

People would have an issue because they don't think SS can offer the same quality as Prime 1 at that price point...

Good points Mule...

Yeah, he beat me to the punch traylorc. If you look at SSC's offerings in 1/3 scale, they are far more expensive than what Prime 1 pieces are going for. And let's not forget the quality and level of detail Prime is offering (along with all those great switch out parts). I do feel as though I'm getting more bang for my buck with Prime pieces.

People would have an issue because they don't think SS can offer the same quality as Prime 1 at that price point...

If Deathstroke was an SSC piece, it would more than likely be priced at no less than $1500 given their pricing on previous 1/3 pieces they released. No matter how much I wanted this piece, there's no way I could justify dropping those kinds of $$$ for it. On top of the higher price point, we'd also have to worry about QC issues with SSC. That's why I'm very thankful Prime is releasing this Deathstroke. It's a fair price, AWESOME sculpt, amazing switch out parts, and will come with top notch QC. I definitely feel good about ordering Prime pieces and I'm anxious to add Deathstroke to my collection. Now I'm just waiting for the right 1/3 Prime 1 Bats to add to my collection.

If Deathstroke was an SSC piece, it would more than likely be priced at no less than $1500 given their pricing on previous 1/3 pieces they released. No matter how much I wanted this piece, there's no way I could justify dropping those kinds of $$$ for it. On top of the higher price point, we'd also have to worry about QC issues with SSC. That's why I'm very thankful Prime is releasing this Deathstroke. It's a fair price, AWESOME sculpt, amazing switch out parts, and will come with top notch QC. I definitely feel good about ordering Prime pieces and I'm anxious to add Deathstroke to my collection. Now I'm just waiting for the right 1/3 Prime 1 Bats to add to my collection.

Yep I agree with that all the way. Heads and arms fitting securely in place, nice clean paint, sturdy not tipping over, all these things matter.

Back