Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Arkham Origins - Deathstroke Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand what you are saying...but for some people acceptance of price increase isn't simply a matter of quality & accessories vs price point. If you read some of the posts by fellow collectors complaining about rising prices... substantial price increases mean their disposable income does not go as far as it did in the past. In short...they cannot purchase the volume of collectibles in the past...and that upsets them.

I was posing the question on price to determine if collectors are okay with the increasing price of collectibles (regardless of scale) as long as they feel there are sufficient accessories and acceptable QC. Or...are rising prices simply prohibitive because it means the average consumer is not able to make as many purchases as in the past?

gotcha. as for me, i'm ok with price increases as long as everything else increases as well (quality, accessories, etc). so if prices continue to increase, everything else better be heading upwards as well, otherwise i'm getting off the train.

It's 76cm height listed on SS. Is this correct, only about 10cm or 4" difference than Wonder Woman or Batman Pf?

Do they have other dimension, the length and width? Not on SS website

How may EX were allocated to SS? Is SS doing a PF soon?

Not sure how to display this with the other PF

How may EX were allocated to SS?
Unknown, but if you jump on waitlist the chances of converting are high.

Is SS doing a PF soon?

Unknown again but I have the impression that Deathstrok lacks in the T&A department to be taken into account by SS...

Not sure how to display this with the other PF

This is 1:3 scale, he's sensibly bigger than PFs, wouldn't look good displayed with them.

Having trouble deciding between collecting this or XM Studios (I'm saying in general, since there's obviously not been any deathstroke XM sculpt yet). Both excellent, both really really expensive. I was thinking of getting the XM ghost rider and then I see this. Poor wallet :/

And no "why not both?" smart comments out there cos I can really only afford to collect one. Alr have Venom and Boba on pre-order, but this is absolute beast, and the price points aren't all that dissimilar considering we're talking about 1/4 and 1/3.

Also, would you guys be willing to shell out an extra $210 for the exclusive on this statue? My local shop is doing that (simplytoys) but I dunno if it's worth the difference in price. Really dig the staff-sword look so I'm leaning towards no for now, but it is a cool option to have nevertheless.

Having trouble deciding between collecting this or XM Studios (I'm saying in general, since there's obviously not been any deathstroke XM sculpt yet). Both excellent, both really really expensive. I was thinking of getting the XM ghost rider and then I see this. Poor wallet :/

And no "why not both?" smart comments out there cos I can really only afford to collect one. Alr have Venom and Boba on pre-order, but this is absolute beast, and the price points aren't all that dissimilar considering we're talking about 1/4 and 1/3.

Also, would you guys be willing to shell out an extra $210 for the exclusive on this statue? My local shop is doing that (simplytoys) but I dunno if it's worth the difference in price. Really dig the staff-sword look so I'm leaning towards no for now, but it is a cool option to have nevertheless.

To me, the ease of ordering P1 makes it easy. I can get them without jumping through hoops and with them getting the Marvel, terminator, G1, etc... licenses now, it looks like I'll have plenty to choose from for pretty much everything I collect. God, if they get a Star Wars license I'd just start signing my paychecks over to them like they're my ex wife. :lol

I would. Deathstroke wont be out for a while so Id suggest saving up what you can staring now. You never know what can happen by the time this is out.

I'm not sure XM is able to produce regular DC pieces yet. Personally, I don't like the art direction of the XM stuff. It's too eastern influenced IMO.

Iwaboi,

Considering XM is on focusing more on Marvel at the moment and Prime 1 is knee-deep in batman, I don't think you'll see a Deathstroke soon from XM...maybe I'm wrong but I am just speculating. I think your more likely to see a Deathstroke from SS or another company before XM.

IMO, Prime 1 is in a class of its own right now. XM is neck and neck with them, but I feel Prime 1 is hitting more homeruns with this batman line and turtles line than XM and it's marvel line...but thats more so because Prime 1 has released more pre orders and tons of pics of its lines...all in all it really depends on the character you like and what type of rendition (comic vs movie, vs video game) you prefer see them in.

I'm going all out with the Prime 1 1/3 Batman AK and AO pieces and they'll be the only batman pieces in my collection (except maybe a ledger joker, but again that's Prime 1).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The ordering is easy . You don't have to fight tooth and nail to get a statue and payment plans are a plus .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On this point: you should do some math and see if it's more convenient to order from Sideshow directly or SimplyToys.
210$ is quite a premium, I know that ST has free shipping on orders above 500SGD, so try to check how much would you pay on import fees and shipping by ordering from Sideshow (and remember to take into account the reward points).
I might be wrong but even if shipping from Sideshow was around 100$ and you had to pay the 7% SGT VAT on import, you'd still end up at less than 210$ by ordering from Sideshow, and with an extra 45$ in reward points. Not sure if import fees are that low in Singapore tho.

The ordering is easy . You don't have to fight tooth and nail to get a statue and payment plans are a plus .

He's in Singapore, tho. He can order direct from XM's website, or through SimplyToys or any other authorized retailer without doing backflips, and at a much more affordable price.
Example:
Deathstroke Reg on SimplyToys is 1400SGD/980$
Deathstroke Ex on SimplyToys is 1600SGD/1120$
XM pieces on SimplyToys are at retail, so Venom will be 990SGD/695$ for example. If he can get them from XM's website directly as an Elite Member, that's an extra 10% discount.

It's a tough call since it's a 1:4 vs 1:3, Marvel vs DC and DC (original designs) vs DC (videogame designs) all packed into one, lol.
It really comes down to which characters one really prefers, at these price points I think it's always wiser to gor for the most loved characters.

El Mule, that puts an interesting spin on collecting from that point of view. It makes XM look alot more reasonable in comparison.

I wouldn't mind buying directly from P1 if it were possible .

Both XM and Prime1's prices are extremely fair imho for those who are in the selected markets. People tend to forget that outside of Asia, there are a couple hundreds of $ stacked to XM's prices due to high shipping costs and import fees, while Prime1 pieces are readily available through Sideshow.
For example, here in Europe we get screwed both ways (lol): we have to stack up hundreds between shipping and fees for both XM pieces and Prime1 Exclusives, while Prime1 Regulars are distributed by local retailers with some ridicolous markups (Deathstroke retails at roughly 1400$).

Both XM and Prime1's prices are extremely fair imho for those who are in the selected markets. People tend to forget that outside of Asia, there are a couple hundreds of $ stacked to XM's prices due to high shipping costs and import fees, while Prime1 pieces are readily available through Sideshow.
For example, here in Europe we get screwed both ways (lol): we have to stack up hundreds between shipping and fees for both XM pieces and Prime1 Exclusives, while Prime1 Regulars are distributed by local retailers with some ridicolous markups (Deathstroke retails at roughly 1400$).

One day, a European company will make statues. Level the playing game to be fair =)

I'm not sure XM is able to produce regular DC pieces yet. Personally, I don't like the art direction of the XM stuff. It's too eastern influenced IMO.

I usually go for XM sculpts when there's no human head sculpt involved :rotfl always seems to be their Achilles heel...

Iwaboi,

Considering XM is on focusing more on Marvel at the moment and Prime 1 is knee-deep in batman, I don't think you'll see a Deathstroke soon from XM...maybe I'm wrong but I am just speculating. I think your more likely to see a Deathstroke from SS or another company before XM.

IMO, Prime 1 is in a class of its own right now. XM is neck and neck with them, but I feel Prime 1 is hitting more homeruns with this batman line and turtles line than XM and it's marvel line...but thats more so because Prime 1 has released more pre orders and tons of pics of its lines...all in all it really depends on the character you like and what type of rendition (comic vs movie, vs video game) you prefer see them in.

I'm going all out with the Prime 1 1/3 Batman AK and AO pieces and they'll be the only batman pieces in my collection (except maybe a ledger joker, but again that's Prime 1).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Yea, but 1/3 is huge. Not sure if I have the real estate for it. Or the finances, considering XM is already a huge stretch (bear in mind I live in SG so I don't pay for crazy import fees and the second-hand market always seems more accessible if required). That being said, I love this statue, and would have no qualms making it my first venture into P1 and 1/3 scales if my finances allow it.

On this point: you should do some math and see if it's more convenient to order from Sideshow directly or SimplyToys.
210$ is quite a premium, I know that ST has free shipping on orders above 500SGD, so try to check how much would you pay on import fees and shipping by ordering from Sideshow (and remember to take into account the reward points).
I might be wrong but even if shipping from Sideshow was around 100$ and you had to pay the 7% SGT VAT on import, you'd still end up at less than 210$ by ordering from Sideshow, and with an extra 45$ in reward points. Not sure if import fees are that low in Singapore tho.

He's in Singapore, tho. He can order direct from XM's website, or through SimplyToys or any other authorized retailer without doing backflips, and at a much more affordable price.
Example:
Deathstroke Reg on SimplyToys is 1400SGD/980$
Deathstroke Ex on SimplyToys is 1600SGD/1120$
XM pieces on SimplyToys are at retail, so Venom will be 990SGD/695$ for example. If he can get them from XM's website directly as an Elite Member, that's an extra 10% discount.

It's a tough call since it's a 1:4 vs 1:3, Marvel vs DC and DC (original designs) vs DC (videogame designs) all packed into one, lol.
It really comes down to which characters one really prefers, at these price points I think it's always wiser to gor for the most loved characters.

Yup it's 7% for any amount above $400 SGD. You're quite right actually, it might be cheaper getting the exclusive from Sideshow directly compared to ST. Depends on how much shipping would cost though, this one looks heavy. Then again, my Tyrant King shipped for $65 USD so $100 might be a safe bet on this one. Still pricey though, yikes :thud:

That's true, but every time I take a look at the pre-orders on the XM website, they're always sold out... I've never once attempted to participate in the pre-order wars (if any) but I'm going to assume they sell out really quickly once the PO goes up. Venom and Boba I actually preordered from the convention they had in SG a couple months back.

And yea to be fair I've not played Origins yet (Just got it second-hand at gamestop) but I'll get to that soon. Right now I'm just eyeing this one cos it looks hella cool. And I don't think many of you will disagree with me here :wink1: awesome statue overall.

I wouldn't mind buying directly from P1 if it were possible .

I wouldn't mind that either, but P1 only ships within Japan so that's out of the question unfortunately. I'd much rather it ship from Japan than from the USA.

In any case, thanks to all for your input and advice. Hope to reach a decision on this statue soon :)

Back