Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Arkham Origins - Deathstroke Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don't know If. I have heard anyone complain about QC when it comes to P1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideshow's original Endo was 550$ nearly ten years ago with a 2000ES, given the steady price hikes some quick math shows pretty clearly how good of a price is 550$ for a 1:4 Endo with a 500ES, today. Different statues have different level of difficulty and you're comparing statues that have entirely different production difficulties.

I'm talking about the Arnold Guardian not the Endo.

If Deathstroke was an SSC piece, it would more than likely be priced at no less than $1500 given their pricing on previous 1/3 pieces they released. No matter how much I wanted this piece, there's no way I could justify dropping those kinds of $$$ for it. On top of the higher price point, we'd also have to worry about QC issues with SSC. That's why I'm very thankful Prime is releasing this Deathstroke. It's a fair price, AWESOME sculpt, amazing switch out parts, and will come with top notch QC. I definitely feel good about ordering Prime pieces and I'm anxious to add Deathstroke to my collection. Now I'm just waiting for the right 1/3 Prime 1 Bats to add to my collection.

:goodpost::clap

The one recent bargain I can say Sideshow has released in terms of size of the item is probably the Doom LSF. I really expected that to be more expensive.

I really hope so, I'll be biting my nails till then lol, I purchased the regular one with instalments in the chance my wl converts so I don't have to pay all in one shot.

QUOTE=Bgnyc007;8307394]Im sure your waitlist will convert. I believe whoever gets on the list in the next few weeks will convert when it gets closer to release.[/QUOTE]

i joined that waitlist so i can have a chance of still getting one without having to put any money down right away. if it does convert how long till they charge the NRD? 24 hours if i remember correctly but i just wanted to make sure.

congrats to everybody that bought one!

The one recent bargain I can say Sideshow has released in terms of size of the item is probably the Doom LSF. I really expected that to be more expensive.

That piece looks insanely good. IMO, one of the very best statues I've ever seen from SSC. However, the $2000 price tag is still very steep for me. I will say though, the EX feature on the Doom LSF rocks. Especially when you compare it to the Wolverine LSF which gave you nothing extra for the same price. That said, the Doom LSF doesn't even come close to matching Prime's Deathstroke in terms of switch out parts. There's just no denying you get far more bang for your buck when it comes to Prime's pieces. Deathstroke clocks in at half of what the Doom LSF did and there's no denying Deathstroke is an AWESOME looking piece in its own right.

That piece looks insanely good. IMO, one of the very best statues I've ever seen from SSC. However, the $2000 price tag is still very steep for me. I will say though, the EX feature on the Doom LSF rocks. Especially when you compare it to the Wolverine LSF which gave you nothing extra for the same price. That said, the Doom LSF doesn't even come close to matching Prime's Deathstroke in terms of switch out parts. There's just no denying you get far more bang for your buck when it comes to Prime's pieces. Deathstroke clocks in at half of what the Doom LSF did and there's no denying Deathstroke is an AWESOME looking piece in its own right.

jup, prime1 really is great I already liked the released transformers but I am not a die hard fan of that series, but still it looks insane!! turtles same story.
I really am looking forward to the 1/2 WW but the price, really wonder if I should get it with all the 1/3 statues in the make.

Why can't P1 get the 1/4 license... Arghhh. 1/3, soon you run out of space and cash.

Is anybody else like me, I really don't have the room for this 1/3 line, but already have ordered the Bats AK, Arkham Knight, and this Deathstroke and plan to get the Scarecrow and possible the Mr. Freeze. Does anybody else just order stuff they want even when they don't have the room and just hope to work out the logistics later? That's my gameplan even though I'm in the process of trying to sale some stuff.

Is anybody else like me, I really don't have the room for this 1/3 line, but already have ordered the Bats AK, Arkham Knight, and this Deathstroke and plan to get the Scarecrow and possible the Mr. Freeze. Does anybody else just order stuff they want even when they don't have the room and just hope to work out the logistics later? That's my gameplan even though I'm in the process of trying to sale some stuff.

And this my friend is how waitlist gets converted.

This will be a tight fit for me too. That's why I only have Deathstroke on PO. When I find a Bats I want from Prime, I'll PO that as well. Joker will be the only other must have piece for me. I have to stop at 3 because the logistics are gonna be a headache when Deathstroke arrives.

And this my friend is how waitlist gets converted.

Not a chance I cancel Deathstroke. Even though space is a serious issue for me, I've waited far too long for a kick ass Slade Wilson statue and this one hits all the right notes. It's a phenomenal piece that I'll be thrilled to add to my collection.

Yea, I don't really have space either on some stuff but it gets worked out somehow. I would rather order and not miss out then regret it later. Worst case scenario, you sell stuff you already have or maybe just sell what you POed when it ships. I have never cancelled a PO and lost the NRD and I don't plan to start now. I'd much rather just pay for it, receive the item, and then sell it.

Are you suggesting that if Sideshow's offerings were all 1/3 scale then nobody would have a problem with a $900 - $1,000 price point?

its simple dude. at prime1's quality and scale, people as well as i don't have issues with their pricing. you get alot and plus quality for what you're paying. when ssc does i/3 scale, their prices tend to be alot higher, minus the quality and accessories. Hence why people would balk at their prices. i feel i get alot more overall from what prime1 offers me over what i get from ssc.

I just started collectin a little more than a year ago with the PO of SSC Boba Fett PF. At that time I was just in for PFs, but now Ive come to realize that Prime 1 are the way to go😊Thay are just doing amazing statues and Im fortune that I dont have space issues. Just a wallet saying no. I couldt pass on this either even though I didnt know who he was...

its simple dude. at prime1's quality and scale, people as well as i don't have issues with their pricing. you get alot and plus quality for what you're paying. when ssc does i/3 scale, their prices tend to be alot higher, minus the quality and accessories. Hence why people would balk at their prices. i feel i get alot more overall from what prime1 offers me over what i get from ssc.

I understand what you are saying...but for some people acceptance of price increase isn't simply a matter of quality & accessories vs price point. If you read some of the posts by fellow collectors complaining about rising prices... substantial price increases mean their disposable income does not go as far as it did in the past. In short...they cannot purchase the volume of collectibles in the past...and that upsets them.

I was posing the question on price to determine if collectors are okay with the increasing price of collectibles (regardless of scale) as long as they feel there are sufficient accessories and acceptable QC. Or...are rising prices simply prohibitive because it means the average consumer is not able to make as many purchases as in the past?

Back