QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is the height on the Krennic body? Since it's listed as a 10" figure I imagine it'll be equally short as the stock body. Asta, mind sharing a picture?

The height they stated for that line applies more to Jyn and Rey. Krennic is pretty much close to sixth scale.

Picard on that body measures 29.5 cm (11.59") not including his boot heels.

I have photos in my Photobucket, I haven't logged into it for a long time and there's some sort of update to a new look site going on at the moment.

EDIT: Can't get into my Photobucket so I took a couple of quick photos with the Tablet:

48118107106_27075ecfeb_c.jpg

Picard's on the Krennic body. McCoy is on the Threezero Rick Grimes with the ankle section of the legs pried off - the legs are just resting on the pegs in the boots.

48118197667_760a34636c_c.jpg

Spock and Scotty are on the QMx bodies they shipped on. (Kirk couldn't be bothered to get out his chair!)

I have photos in my Photobucket, I haven't logged into it for a long time
Oh, you missed all the excitement then! How suddenly overnight all our pictures from 10+ years had vanished from all pages and internet forums, how they held them hostage and wanted us to pay 400 USD per year, how people left in anger and looked for new pages to upload, how then many months later they got a new business manager who tried to mend bridges and the pictures appeared again and the fee came down to a more reasonable price. I doubt anyone will go back though.

Oh, you missed all the excitement then! How suddenly overnight all our pictures from 10+ years had vanished from all pages and internet forums, how they held them hostage and wanted us to pay 400 USD per year, how people left in anger and looked for new pages to upload, how then many months later they got a new business manager who tried to mend bridges and the pictures appeared again and the fee came down to a more reasonable price. I doubt anyone will go back though.

I heard about that.

I've been using Flickr and Imgur instead though.

I got locked out of two Flickr accounts for some reason, so I opened another one but I barely use it.

My Photobucket is looking very strange at the moment. It lets me log in, but everything's crammed into a tiny window that can't be expanded, with controls that don't all function.

I think Imgur is the only hosting site that's never caused me any problems.

It's that pronounced monkey-like upper lip area/philtrum that bothers me most, personally. I don't know if the smile accentuates it too much, or if it's just too pronounced itself, or if photos are enhancing the effect, but it has a weird uncanny valley type effect on me whenever I look at the sculpt in pics. I can get past everything else, but that just looks really odd to me, and always draws my eye as well, which makes matters worse (for me).

Just like with the Picard stain drama, I'll probably still end up buying it anyway eventually, as my love of Trek eventually overrides my common sense and my disappointment in the release version. :banghead :lol

Whether I buy it or not, I'll always miss that we didn't get the original version shown in all the official release photography, though.

Unfortunately, the likeness is neither here nor there, and doesn't enter into my buying this or not, since after Picard the general retail prices skyrocketed. Kirk, Spock and Bones were competitively priced, but from Khan onwards they started to approach Hot Toys prices ( well, what basic Hot Toys figures use to go for at least). I've just been priced out of this line altogether.

It's that pronounced monkey-like upper lip area/philtrum that bothers me most, personally. I don't know if the smile accentuates it too much, or if it's just too pronounced itself, or if photos are enhancing the effect, but it has a weird uncanny valley type effect on me whenever I look at the sculpt in pics. I can get past everything else, but that just looks really odd to me, and always draws my eye as well, which makes matters worse (for me).

Just like with the Picard stain drama, I'll probably still end up buying it anyway eventually, as my love of Trek eventually overrides my common sense and my disappointment in the release version. :banghead :lol

Whether I buy it or not, I'll always miss that we didn't get the original version shown in all the official release photography, though.

Yeah. The philtrum is one issue. I have some flesh colour ink wash I'm going to try to fix that a bit with shading. Possibly some eyeshadow might help too. It's easy to remove wit a toothpick if it goes wrong.

Yeah. The philtrum is one issue. I have some flesh colour ink wash I'm going to try to fix that a bit with shading. Possibly some eyeshadow might help too. It's easy to remove wit a toothpick if it goes wrong.

Please post a picture when you attempt it. Curious how it will change the appearance.

Sulu is NOT good no matter what folks try to keep making themselves believe that...what a let down- what happened??

Switching gears, you think we will see anybody new at comic con? I want to see Uhura and whatever they may do for deep space nine and Voyager. I can't wait for next generation and wrath of khan but if they're just gonna show the same protos that have yet to come out I'm not gonna get all hyped about it.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I hope that they address STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE, it’s the 40th Anniversary this December

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a prototype Admiral Kirk that I would snap up in a heartbeat. I was really hoping for an Ilia probe -simple sculpt, minimal accessories if you only do the bath robe version but no teasers so seems unlikely.

Back