QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been done, and it was said no one wants it.
56778381727889366c9759631bcb85f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

That would look fantastic on my Trek shelf. Bring it on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong! I want it!

The coronary to this is “I don’t want JUST that!”

It has to be at least the triumvirate or nothing. And that’s the problem with Qmx, Nanjin, I’m not sure they can be relied on in terms of actually producing what they show.

Even now, we’re still unsure wether we can complete the original crew and we’re buying blindly in the hope that we can.

So sure, we’re still buying to avoid hunting after it at incredible prices later on, and I’m sure Qmx still makes money selling them (though not as much as they would if they were more transparent). I think this method of selling isn’t very honest to us costumers.

Many of us got burned before: Reynolds, Dean... who will probably stay alone and are useless as such. Heck! I haven’t even bothered unboxing Dean and won’t do it unless Sam eventually, if ever, pops up.

Qmx makes great stuff, with a few warts here or there (I.e Sulu), yet they have the merit of doing it.

I just wish they’d add clarity to there production schedule/method.

Lies! I want it bad.

Actually, if there is a uniform pattern available or a pattern for printed perscan buckles, that might help my quest for matching custom uniforms in the future....;-p

A tad bulky there. Uniform and collar dont seem quite as form fitting as they should be, but what do I know... it's just a prototype and things like that often get ironed out in production....

Wrong! I want it!

The coronary to this is “I don’t want JUST that!”

It has to be at least the triumvirate or nothing. And that’s the problem with Qmx, Nanjin, I’m not sure they can be relied on in terms of actually producing what they show.

Even now, we’re still unsure wether we can complete the original crew and we’re buying blindly in the hope that we can.

So sure, we’re still buying to avoid hunting after it at incredible prices later on, and I’m sure Qmx still makes money selling them (though not as much as they would if they were more transparent). I think this method of selling isn’t very honest to us costumers.

Many of us got burned before: Reynolds, Dean... who will probably stay alone and are useless as such. Heck! I haven’t even bothered unboxing Dean and won’t do it unless Sam eventually, if ever, pops up.

Qmx makes great stuff, with a few warts here or there (I.e Sulu), yet they have the merit of doing it.

I just wish they’d add clarity to there production schedule/method.
I make sure we will have the complete crew. Hell will refuse my entry if I dont.

I would buy a TMP Kirk, no question. Even if there were no other figures in the line. Make him a limited edition if necessary, but get it done.

Imo, QMX would be better off releasing TWOK Kirk to gauge interest in other Kirk editions before writing them off completely. But TWOK Kirk will probably sell better relative to TMP Kirk because the TWOK Kirk is actually relatively the same look all the way through Undiscovered Country, so you are actually hitting a number of films instead of one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Imo, QMX would be better off releasing TWOK Kirk to gauge interest in other Kirk editions before writing them off completely. But TWOK Kirk will probably sell better relative to TMP Kirk because the TWOK Kirk is actually relatively the same look all the way through Undiscovered Country, so you are actually hitting a number of films instead of one.

Yeah that is true but it does nothing for the 40th Anniversary of TMP.

You’re right, of course, though I’m one of those who always liked STTMP visual look and uniforms. The ones they used after, I don’t know, I’ve always thought they looked too military, not reflecting a peaceful organisation like Starfleet. STNG had the right look I think.

I’d get a TMP Kirk, but I’d also want an Ilia probe in robe to represent the movie as a whole, if none of the others get made. But WOK figures would no doubt sell better.

You’re right, of course, though I’m one of those who always liked STTMP visual look and uniforms. The ones they used after, I don’t know, I’ve always thought they looked too military, not reflecting a peaceful organisation like Starfleet. STNG had the right look I think.

I lived in the countryside so I only saw TMP for the first time on TV in about 1983. In the meantime, I fell in love with the potential in the merchandise and promo shots of all the crew and the new aliens. As such, I love the uniforms even today and I do plan to get a set made.

That said, the Admiral dress uniform is a better design with the collar so I might use that as the base for the other officer uniforms (in beige and grey) rather than completely screen accurate. I can't decide how far to take it. Should I go for slightly two tone? Pockets on the trousers like the enlisted crew? Red jumpsuits instead of white for security (like in TSFS). So many decisions.

I lived in the countryside so I only saw TMP for the first time on TV in about 1983. In the meantime, I fell in love with the potential in the merchandise and promo shots of all the crew and the new aliens. As such, I love the uniforms even today and I do plan to get a set made.

That said, the Admiral dress uniform is a better design with the collar so I might use that as the base for the other officer uniforms (in beige and grey) rather than completely screen accurate. I can't decide how far to take it. Should I go for slightly two tone? Pockets on the trousers like the enlisted crew? Red jumpsuits instead of white for security (like in TSFS). So many decisions.

Well, there is a whole lot of story between TMP and WOK, so I guess transition uniforms would be a great idea for customs and would cover that “gap” (just as the colors of NG are clearly an evolution of the original crew movies). Yeah, I like the idea.

To go back to WOK and after, I’ll admit I never dug fat Kirk with the frizzy wig, but hey, that just me!

Well, there is a whole lot of story between TMP and WOK, so I guess transition uniforms would be a great idea for customs and would cover that “gap” (just as the colors of NG are clearly an evolution of the original crew movies). Yeah, I like the idea.

To go back to WOK and after, I’ll admit I never dug fat Kirk with the frizzy wig, but hey, that just me!

My hair has turned pretty frizzy in the last twenty years but in the 23rd century, they've learned not to fear hair care products.

I think I'm going to try and use a mantis figure as a base for a female Andorian security guard custom. I'll see how I get on.

It's Kirk. Of course we want it. :D

That looks sweet! Of course a true fan would get TMP Kirk. I definitely will if they make it. I'd pretty-much get anything from TOS, TMP and TWOK for that matter. And we're still waiting on the rest of the TNG bridge crew for crying out loud. How many damn years do we have to wait? My God! Hot Toys manages to engineer complex Iron Man armors in die cast, as well as many other iterations of The Avengers over the last 3 years, and QMx can't seem to create a specific head sculpt for characters who are all wearing pretty-much the exact same uniform aside from department color. I don't get why it is so difficult for them to get going on these. Please explain. So yeah, that prototype TMP Admiral Kirk looks great. Even the green-grey part of his uniform is accurate. Bring him to market, please!

Unfortunately Trek probably gets less than 1/8 of the interest from collectors as the next Iron Man or Marvel figure, so there's not going to be as much drive by the company to produce them and get them out. Nanjin and his team seem more than capable of producing any outfit from Trek though, so the issue's clearly not with them.

Back