Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "Driver"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You ask me, the whole world should give thanks for the U.S. next week, for being so awesome, and really setting a shining example of what other countries wish they could be. :lecture

The problem with Rainman's stuff is that, by sending it Express, they require a signature, and supposedly only hold these packages for a couple of days before sending them back to the sender. Thanksgiving and Christmas are the two biggest holidays in the U.S. for travel, so I'm guessing that I'm not the only one that ordered who will be away for more than a couple of days.

You ask me, the whole world should give thanks for the U.S. next week, for being so awesome, and really setting a shining example of what other countries wish they could be. :lecture

The problem with Rainman's stuff is that, by sending it Express, they require a signature, and supposedly only hold these packages for a couple of days before sending them back to the sender. Thanksgiving and Christmas are the two biggest holidays in the U.S. for travel, so I'm guessing that I'm not the only one that ordered who will be away for more than a couple of days.

Really! A couple of days? That's mental they hold express parcels here for like 18 days before they return them to sender.

Your idea of a holiday worldwide to give thanks to the USA is an interesting idea I wonder how it would catch on overseas...... ;)

Yeah, they don't screw around. Plus, though it's usually a positive, we don't usually have much interference from customs here. So while others may frequently need to wait an extra few days or a week for something to clear customs, in the U.S. items shipped Express from Korea usually arrive in about 3 days. So if Rainman shipped these theoretically this Friday, it would probably arrive to my house on Tuesday. And if no one was there to sign, would probably be shipped back to Rainman Friday (day after Thanksgiving). If items aren't sent via Express, they will hold onto them longer (I've had Priority Mail packages shipped to eBay buyers that sat at their post office for a month or so).

The Irish have had a pretty good historical relationship with the U.S., so I suspect you guys would go for it before many of your neighbor countries would ;)

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Well from a personal point of view the US is certainly no country of high moral standing. America has around 5% of the world’s population, and 25% of its prisoners. Roughly one in every 107 American adults is behind bars, a rate nearly five times that of Britain, seven times that of France and 24 times that of India. Its prison population has more than tripled since 1980. I am not comfortable paying homage to a country that incarcerates more people each year than any other country around the world :wave

My first post was meant in jest, but seriously, if not for the U.S. intervention post-WWII, the UK economy would transitioned into a barter system. Anyone succeeding economically in Europe today, and anyone there that appreciates a lack of major military conflict over the last 70 years owes its well being to what the U.S. did then. But sure, "what have you done for me lately?"

Well from a personal point of view the US is certainly no country of high moral standing. America has around 5% of the world’s population, and 25% of its prisoners. Roughly one in every 107 American adults is behind bars, a rate nearly five times that of Britain, seven times that of France and 24 times that of India. Its prison population has more than tripled since 1980. I am not comfortable paying homage to a country that incarcerates more people each year than any other country around the world :wave

Aaron..that sounds sounds like we have the most badasses? Lol jk

What a statement to make on a board that is so diverse. His opinion of course. Definitely don't agree with that. :slap:cuckoo:

Anyhow, really hope RM ships this month. December is crazy for USPS I'm sure. Don't want my package end up being some kid's Xmas gift. :lol

My first post was meant in jest, but seriously, if not for the U.S. intervention post-WWII, the UK economy would transitioned into a barter system. Anyone succeeding economically in Europe today, and anyone there that appreciates a lack of major military conflict over the last 70 years owes its well being to what the U.S. did then. But sure, "what have you done for me lately?"

Economics was never my strong point :lol

:peace

What a statement to make on a board that is so diverse. His opinion of course. Definitely don't agree with that. :slap:cuckoo

Anyhow, really hope RM ships this month. December is crazy for USPS I'm sure. Don't want my package end up being some kid's Xmas gift. :lol

You can choose to agree with it or not, but it's a fact not opinion :lol

If you are going to be away for an extended amount of time all you have to do is fill out a hold form at the post office. I do it every time I leave for a vacation and they hold everything until the date I choose to pick up.

If you are going to be away for an extended amount of time all you have to do is fill out a hold form at the post office. I do it every time I leave for a vacation and they hold everything until the date I choose to pick up.
I actually get my mail held that way using an online request, and I just get them to redeliver when I return. I'm not sure if it works for express mail packages. Hopefully I won't be in a situation where I have to find out!

Back